Suns @ Mavericks Thursday game thread 2-22-2024: Post All-Star Break

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be awhile before the Suns next game.

After the All-Star break, the Suns play back-to-back games on Thursday and Friday against the Mavericks and Rockets.

One would think the scheduling could be better.

Mavericks are 32-23. They have won six games in a row.

Phoenix is now 33-22 after their win over the Pistons.

When: Thursday, 2-22-2024

Television: TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 5:30 PM Arizona time

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is actually a very big game not only in the standings but for the mental outlook of the team to finish the season. I hope Beal is back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great game out of the break. I want to see the Suns shut that smug face of Luka.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh the dreaded luka mavs team but luka mom always nice to see :) lol jkin

Want to see nice performances by book if plays kd nurik and roddy allen

Bong edibles will be rdy if suns pull of a w

Also nice get liitle suns fan stress break with all star stuff :)

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think this might be the first time dallas will play phoenix with both Irving and Doncic? if it actually happens...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they both played against us last year when KD and Booker both scored close to 40 in a win at Dallas.
maybe I conveniently missed out on that game...I'm definitely excited for this game though. both dallas and phoenix seem to be playing well of late. phoenix has been playing better over a longer stretch though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Royce should shine in this game. He has more size and smarts than Okogie so he should be able to guard Luka all game. I'd consider a lineup change if I were Vogel, bringing Allen off the bench so Royce can cover Luka all night. It would also allow us to have more instant offense off the bench.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Royce should shine in this game. He has more size and smarts than Okogie so he should be able to guard Luka all game. I'd consider a lineup change if I were Vogel, bringing Allen off the bench so Royce can cover Luka all night. It would also allow us to have more instant offense off the bench.
If his 3 is falling I'm all about it + Luka likes to keep switching until he gets the desired mismatch - which would be Grayson

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i expect Rolls Royce to have a big game off the bench Thursday

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should see Thaddeus Young in Dallas. He could sign as early as Tuesday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
with the top 4 in the west looking all but set and the suns floating right there with the pels and mavs - id say this is a must win game - especially knowing we have to get over the luka hump if we're ever going to get anywhere

everybody's healthy - game is important - we got newbies they got newbies - no excuses - we're past the all star break - it's freakin go time

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the top 4 in the west looking all but set and the suns floating right there with the pels and mavs - id say this is a must win game - especially knowing we have to get over the luka hump if we're ever going to get anywhere

everybody's healthy - game is important - we got newbies they got newbies - no excuses - we're past the all star break - it's freakin go time
I don't think it's a must win but it sure as hell would go a long way towards getting people to believe the Suns are a legit threat. Their record has been great with the Big 3 but they need to start putting some wins together against the best in the west.