Suns @ Bulls Saturday game thread 2-22-20

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do not look like a wel lprepared team. That's a coaches duty. I keep thinking Popocic;s teams don't look this bad even when they dip in talent.

They came out just fine, it's when Saric and Baynes were out there that we started looking like a joke. Saric is normally a half step slower than he needs to be in this league but he's at least a full step slower than his old half step tonight. And pairing him with Baynes for several minutes was just a killer because Aron is plodding more than usual too. I guess you could blame Monty for playing the players on his roster but that's all I'd fault him for.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't see him letting Monty go for almost any reason. If Sarver were anywhere near as cheap as some here think him to be we'd still be looking at Igor or maybe Watson but I do believe there is a point where he will be adamantly opposed to paying off yet another former Head Coach. But nothing is a certainty.
I do t think he’s cheap, I think he thinks he knows more about basketball than everyone else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They came out just fine, it's when Saric and Baynes were out there that we started looking like a joke. Saric is normally a half step slower than he needs to be in this league but he's at least a full step slower than his old half step tonight. And pairing him with Baynes for several minutes was just a killer because Aron is plodding more than usual too. I guess you could blame Monty for playing the players on his roster but that's all I'd fault him for.

I agree with all this but Jerome as the first guard off the bench was not to my liking.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now I am having remorse we did not draft Coby White.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with all this but Jerome as the first guard off the bench was not to my liking.

We played even worse in the 2nd quarter there and that wasn't on Saric and Baynes but I do believe that combo is what gave Chicago momentum and confidence they could beat us. So, now, we're in a struggle and I wouldn't count us out but I wouldn't rush to place a bet on us either.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We played even worse in the 2nd quarter there and that wasn't on Saric and Baynes but I do believe that combo is what gave Chicago momentum and confidence they could beat us. So, now, we're in a struggle and I wouldn't count us out but I wouldn't rush to place a bet on us either.
Funny how we play better when we stop turning the ball over.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give Baynes (and Saric) the rest of the night off, they are simply too slow for us to survive their presence. Play Diallo and Bolden until those two are back into decent shape and can at least pretend to be NBA players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also turnovers were a huge problem as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also turnovers were a huge problem as well.

They were. Saric threw it away several times and then, after Chicago got momentum they were all over us and Ayton plus others turned it over regularly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of foul was that by Baynes?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Suns 83 - Bulls 80

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio is having a nice game with 15 points and 9 assists.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Really? White might turn it around but he's had a horrible rookie season, noticeably worse than Cam's year so far.
Also, his three point shooting is what I thoiught was going to translate to the NBA well. He has been doing that well all year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is now having a monster game with 27 points and 17 rebounds. Booker has 25 points and 5 assists.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is. However he needs to work on his hand strength and bringing the ball down low when he doesn't have to.

Ayton bringing the ball down especially drives me crazy.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If Ayton didn’t have that really bad end of 1st/2nd quarter stretch he could of had a really monster game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He is. However he needs to work on his hand strength and bringing the ball down low when he doesn't have to.
Funny that we critique him on these things when he has these monster games. He’s 21 and when/if he figures out the little things on which people nitpick, who the hell knows what his ceiling will be

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard