Suns @ Warriors Saturday game thread 2-10-2024

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stephen Curry making excuses for Draymond Green's behavior.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Curry is an idiot to continue and defend this moron! Curry just wants to win so he needs Dray as they are pretty poor without him and KT is a shell of his former self!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry is an idiot to continue and defend this moron! Curry just wants to win so he needs Dray as they are pretty poor without him and KT is a shell of his former self!

Curry is still a great player but IMO, when he says things like that, it diminishes what I think of him as a person.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry is still a great player but IMO, when he says things like that, it diminishes what I think of him as a person.
I have no problem with it. I find green a bit obnoxious but like I said yesterday I would take him on the Phoenix Suns any day of the week. I wish Nurkic would have kept those comments to himself because I think it just makes him sound like a sore loser even if it's a bit legitimate.

Given the way the referees were handling him earlier in the game I was a little bit surprised they didn't nail Green for a foul on Durant on that final play. They absolutely could have. It wasn't so egregious that I was at all upset there was no call, but I do think it would have served him right given his antics immediately following that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with it. I find green a bit obnoxious but like I said yesterday I would take him on the Phoenix Suns any day of the week. I wish Nurkic would have kept those comments to himself because I think it just makes him sound like a sore loser even if it's a bit legitimate.

Given the way the referees were handling him earlier in the game I was a little bit surprised they didn't nail Green for a foul on Durant on that final play. They absolutely could have. It wasn't so egregious that I was at all upset there was no call, but I do think it would have served him right given his antics immediately following that.

I think Nurkic was on target with his comments, whether the Suns won or lost.

IMO, Draymond Green's behavior was self-evident. I didn't see any change of attitude or antics.

The referees let the Warriors get away with a lot of unnecessary contact all night. I think Durant was fouled on the final play, but the Suns can't put themselves into this kind of position and expect to win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say to that is report issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not reporting never works though.

My main issue is with people who sort of skirt the rules by not really breaking them but being obnoxious in their sort of homer views. If someone else believes this team is a legit contender that turned it around that's fine but some of us haven't and we aren't bad fans because we haven't. We are all Suns fans that would love a championship and we shouldn't have other fans essentially shun us because we aren't seeing everything through Purple & Orange glasses.

Apparently, reporting violations is the best option because tuning out offending posters doesn't work.

Responding doesn't work either.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
They were better prepared for us than we did them. Even their rookie and 2way players knew to effectively defend our perimeter isos, and they knew how KD isos would be set up and all the nuances around it to make them less effective, with great outcomes. Nurk and KD were out there to prove their points for too long. With all these, we lost barely due to one defensive mishap at the end. I believe in this team's potential to continue their team play improvements. They are on track.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's just being a good teammate. I guess he could have said nothing at all when asked about it but with a crazy teammate, that might not have worked well.

This is probably the case, but there are too many players who hotdog on the Warriors for my taste, including Curry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Curry fan but as is the case with Booker, I just don't care for some of the things he does.

The thought occurred to me, the Warriors feed off Green's antics and emotion. It's hard for me to like them when they don't win with class.

Maybe it's because I'm from a different generation.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The thought occurred to me, the Warriors feed off Green's antics and emotion. It's hard for me to like them when they don't win with class.

Maybe it's because I'm from a different generation.
I always felt like when I played at another school, to be classy and not be an A$$ on their turf. we are the guests, and should be on good behavior. I also felt as the host when teams came in to play us, act like we have been there before. Win in a way that allows the other side to have some dignity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I always felt like when I played at another school, to be classy and not be an A$$ on their turf. we are the guests, and should be on good behavior. I also felt as the host when teams came in to play us, act like we have been there before. Win in a way that allows the other side to have some dignity.
Always figured taunting was a waste of energy. But some feed off it. Book being one.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My high school burned our school's logo into our rival's field before a game... they retaliated by stealing our "mascot" statue and replacing it with a plate of turds, we retaliated by stealing their statue and throwing it in the canal.

I guess now their statue has been thrown in the canal enough that they got a fiber glass one so it floats.

But the plate of turds probably wins.

They also whipped my school's butt probably 3/4ths of the time... so that is probably the bigger win.

At some point in the last 20 years the state did a total realignment of high school sports, they don't even play each other anymore, despite being only about 10 minutes apart and of equal enrollment sizes, but my school, Washington, was pretty ghetto and Sunnyslope just keeps getting pumped full of rich kids who should be going to Central High but their parents don't want to let their kids experience the real real so they get a variance.

Anyway, as long as no one gets hurt, I think a dirty rivalry is kinda fun.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My high school burned our school's logo into our rival's field before a game... they retaliated by stealing our "mascot" statue and replacing it with a plate of turds, we retaliated by stealing their statue and throwing it in the canal.

I guess now their statue has been thrown in the canal enough that they got a fiber glass one so it floats.

But the plate of turds probably wins.

They also whipped my school's butt probably 3/4ths of the time... so that is probably the bigger win.

At some point in the last 20 years the state did a total realignment of high school sports, they don't even play each other anymore, despite being only about 10 minutes apart and of equal enrollment sizes, but my school, Washington, was pretty ghetto and Sunnyslope just keeps getting pumped full of rich kids who should be going to Central High but their parents don't want to let their kids experience the real real so they get a variance.

Anyway, as long as no one gets hurt, I think a dirty rivalry is kinda fun.
One of our high school coaches and his assistants, during the annual rivalry big football game week, went in and painted the rival school colors all over the school. He told me this years later.

I was a fullback, so I got to knock guys around a lot. In basketball, even though I was a guard I set screens for our bigs, and jumped into the middle of scraps defending them. I had to quit playing school sports for the most part to work to pay for driving the car my folks gave me.

I continued to play golf and lettered all four years. I did my share of antics. We had three golf courses in Yuma at the time. During the big rivalry week, I warmed up at another course and then drove up just a minute before tee time. I acted like I didn't warm up, and was running late. I faked being stressed out. I could see our rivals smiling and whispering to each other. My coach was freaking out literally. I winked at my guys then hit a 250 yard drive straight down the middle of the fairway. LOL.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I wished Eric Gordon was one of the players being sent out at the deadline, I'm so done with him. When he's not shooting well he's just such a liability. He plays defense only with his hands and barely moves his feet, he gives up defensively on any fast break situation and he's passed up 3s for a worse play multiple times in the clutch now. I'm hoping some combination of Royce or Okogie takes all his minutes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wished Eric Gordon was one of the players being sent out at the deadline, I'm so done with him. When he's not shooting well he's just such a liability. He plays defense only with his hands and barely moves his feet, he gives up defensively on any fast break situation and he's passed up 3s for a worse play multiple times in the clutch now. I'm hoping some combination of Royce or Okogie takes all his minutes.
I don't put that all on Eric Gordon. It's not just him that stands around in this ISO (hero ball) offensive scheme. I don't think he is doing it anymore than others. Plus, without Eric Gordon we don't have a bench. He is average at least 12.5 PPG and shooting close to 39% last time I checked. We need him on this bench. Not to mention that he has done a decent job filling in when we have injuries.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't put that all on Eric Gordon. It's not just him that stands around in this ISO (hero ball) offensive scheme. I don't think he is doing it anymore than others. Plus, without Eric Gordon we don't have a bench. He is average at least 12.5 PPG and shooting close to 39% last time I checked. We need him on this bench. Not to mention that he has done a decent job filling in when we have injuries.

Lol we agree on something! I don't understand the Eric Gordon hate. He's a 6th man and he does a good job filling that role. With Royce here now he won't be forced into closing lineups nearly as often because we have another offensive option.

EG needs to get out of his head and stop passing up looks when he's got them unless he's going to attack the basket hard, like he did early in the season or over the summer for the Bahamas Olympic team. He's played a similar role before so I'm not sure why he's been tentative over the last 2 months or so but we need him aggressive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol we agree on something! I don't understand the Eric Gordon hate. He's a 6th man and he does a good job filling that role. With Royce here now he won't be forced into closing lineups nearly as often because we have another offensive option.

EG needs to get out of his head and stop passing up looks when he's got them unless he's going to attack the basket hard, like he did early in the season or over the summer for the Bahamas Olympic team. He's played a similar role before so I'm not sure why he's been tentative over the last 2 months or so but we need him aggressive.
He’s got to shoot that open corner jumper he passed up to make Beal take the tougher one with the shot clocking running out at the end of Saturday night’s game.

Did nearly the identically same thing when we lost earlier this month to Indy when he passed up a ludicrously wide open 3 to force KD to take a near impossible shot at the end to clinch the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Gordon is a solid rotation player on a weak bench.

As far as bench players, I don't think we can ask for much more. He can do almost everything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I see no reason to get rid of Gordon. But he’s massively more effective as a starter (16pts/game over 21 starts) than coming off the bench (9pts/game in 24 games). That’s disappointing. I didn’t check minutes or shooting percentage, so maybe it’s the equivalent effectiveness, but the eye test says otherwise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see no reason to get rid of Gordon. But he’s massively more effective as a starter (16pts/game over 21 starts) than coming off the bench (9pts/game in 24 games). That’s disappointing. I didn’t check minutes or shooting percentage, so maybe it’s the equivalent effectiveness, but the eye test says otherwise.
I wonder what his minutes are for those games as well.