Rockets @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-2-2024

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You could see that Houston was more mentally tough than the Suns back in the first match up. They are more hungry and physical. The Suns are just a finesse team IMO. Being built that way can carry you for much of the regular season, but you will go no where fast in the playoffs.
I really think it's Udoko as the coach. He has them playing really scrappy defense.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
This loss is on Vogel. Both Allen and Beal were ineffective on offense and weak on D, yet he stuck to them in the first half for too long. When with defense of bench we almost closed the gap, he subbed them out to insist on finishing the 1st half with the same ineffective starters. Similar stories in the 2nd half. And we had too many TOs that made Rocks life easier. They never really managed to score against our zone in half court offense.
And Allen has been in a shooting slumb and mental breakdown on offense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what do we think…

TO CHEESUS OR NOT TO CHEESUS?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, was that a team you’d think has lost 9 in a row on the road? For some reason they played like a contender tonight. Hats off to them.

I don’t know dude. we came out and took a dump on the floor and a pathetic road team owned us on our home court.

You can give them all the credit in the world. Doesn’t take away from the fact that they couldn’t look that good without us playing that bad. This game was over at the first tip when they scored an easy layup and never looked back.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just so frustrating watching this team..
Not if you have zero expectations. I think I threw mine down the toilet during the fifth straight fourth quarter meltdown early in the season.

They tried to get me back on board a couple times, but to invert Michael Corleone… just when I thought I was in, they PUSHED ME BACK OUT!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I sincerely hope both Vogel and James Jones are shown the door this offseason. Vogel is a mediocre coach on his best days, and Jones is an obstinate fool who has no clue how to properly build a roster to support whatever good players he has.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, was that a team you’d think has lost 9 in a row on the road? For some reason they played like a contender tonight. Hats off to them.
Meh I think our poor play made them look good. We couldn’t stop from giving them ball and couldn’t stand up to the physical play.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sincerely hope both Vogel and James Jones are shown the door this offseason. Vogel is a mediocre coach on his best days, and Jones is an obstinate fool who has no clue how to properly build a roster to support whatever good players he has.

All of those "great" minimum signings that were supposed to round out the roster had to be moved to bring in 1 guy who could help. Metu, KBD, Yuta, and Goodwin all ended up being junk. Might as well throw Damien Lee in that pile as well. I know he's hurt but he wouldn't help if he wasn't. Good news, Lee has a played option for next year. I can't wait to hear JJ spin how Lee will provide what Grayson, Royce, and Gordon provide. I'm sure he's pencilled in to replace one of them.

At this point I'd say bring Isiah. He can't be worse than James Jones.

Vogel isn't free of blame. Many of his mistake have been covered already but 1 that will prove costly here is how he never concedes defeat even when the outcome is all but decided. Leaving Booker in when we're down double digits with 2-3 minutes to go after Houston rallied back from our final run should have been when the starters were pulled. There was a similar game about 2 weeks back when we were in situation like tonight when someone landed hard on KD's leg. Thankfully nothing came of that but that should have been the wake up call to the coaching staff. Don't tempt the basketball gods when they've already proven their sights on locked on this team's lower extremities.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey @nashman tell me what's funny about Booker being hurt? You think this team will miraculously rally without him? We're headed to the play-in without Booker and at best a 1st round exit if this team can't develop any continuity.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey @nashman tell me what's funny about Booker being hurt? You think this team will miraculously rally without him? We're headed to the play-in without Booker and at best a 1st round exit if this team can't develop any continuity.
Huh? Nothing is funny about him being hurt. Maybe jumping to conclusions like there goes our season was what was being laughed at? Book is a baller and tested negative he’s not out for the season. Losing this game sucked but when we can’t buy a 3 and the other team is raining them down it’s gonna be a tough sled, now add no Nurk, Beal, Gordon, Allen no 3s in 37 min, this was just a total cluster game and they let the refs bs and rockets get to them. It was pathetic but is not indicative of who this team will be by seasons end imo. Disagree if you’d like but we haven’t seen the best of this team yet and the new pieces at least O’Neil combined with a healthy roster could still be very good. I’d rather get hot at the end of a season instead of during season!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? Nothing is funny about him being hurt. Maybe jumping to conclusions like there goes our season was what was being laughed at? Book is a baller and tested negative he’s not out for the season. Losing this game sucked but when we can’t buy a 3 and the other team is raining them down it’s gonna be a tough sled, now add no Nurk, Beal, Gordon, Allen no 3s in 37 min, this was just a total cluster game and they let the refs bs and rockets get to them. It was pathetic but is not indicative of who this team will be by seasons end imo. Disagree if you’d like but we haven’t seen the best of this team yet and the new pieces at least O’Neil combined with a healthy roster could still be very good. I’d rather get hot at the end of a season instead of during season!

You really have any excuse for every game, don't you? The refs, the other team was hot, we had guys out. This is who we are. We let other teams get hot. We have injury prone players that can't be counted on to carry this team far. We have the second highest amount of FT's in the league. All those excuses mean nothing. Continue to be homer, the rest of us will live in reality.

I don't care if Book's tests were negative, so were Beal's and look how many games he's missed. Again, excuses.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We cannot withstand teams with young long athletic players with energy. Unfortunately for the Suns there is a slew of these teams in today’s NBA.

With our upcoming brutal schedule a play-in spot is not a given, in fact it’s a stretch…

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
a lot of stuff went wrong but we just beat this team without Beal and Gordon - and that's the thing - when things go wrong we can't correct the course and there's no excuse for it - doesn't matter who's hurt or available or on the floor at the moment - i still think it has more to do with who's walking around clueless on the sidelines

regardless we're marching into the post season with him - starting to think the players only meetings might become more of a thing because losing sucks - especially when it's due to being out coached - i mean if someone has stunk all game long that's what the bench is for - not solely to provide rest for your starters - a hot hand can turn the whole game around but we sit on ours