Casual Fan
Reaction score
Vogel just said in the presser

"Yeah it's all match up based, with how I'm playing the bench"

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m listening to Suns talk on 98.7 app. Team is definitely reeling me back in.
I have been watching the games pretty passively and not getting riled up. However, between the comeback win against the Kings, the Book on fire night and now this? Yeah, I wasn't that passive for the first time in a long time tonight. When we hit that big shot to get ahead I shouted. LOL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been watching the games pretty passively and not getting riled up. However, between the comeback win against the Kings, the Book on fire night and now this? Yeah, I wasn't that passive for the first time in a long time tonight. When we hit that big shot to get ahead I shouted. LOL.

Yeah… the last week has been some pretty damn epic moments with the Suns we haven’t had since we went up 2-0 against the Mavs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
First I hope Allen is alright. I saw him rubbing his left hamstring earlier in the game.

Second good win BUT I hope this is not the norm where we are down and manage to come back.

Third, Eubanks!

Last Book looked like crap. Beal next. JO is almost unplayable except for some defensive plays here and there.

KD is god like.
Yeah, and JO’s defensive plays aren’t coming with near the regularity that they did last year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And all those discussions ended rather contentious with someone, or multiple people, asking why it's still be rehashed. I'm pretty sure Yuma was one of the people who would often ask why we needed to go over it all the time.

It was a good win tonight and for people to jump right to basically saying "I told you so" is divisive and unnecessary. Why should we be divided right now or why should someone try and sour someone else's mood? We've had little to celebrate this year so I find it really immature for someone to try and claim it was a great deal because we beat a middling Bulls team in January also.
Lol. Got it. Okay for you to do it but not others. Why not just be happy and skip over the comment? I mean it’s been posted in a single game thread. Y’all junked up the entire suns board day after day after day for months with the moaning. And you weren’t wrong. But tonight, neither was he.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kevin Durant in what proved to be the game winner. The ball barely touched the net.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good lord that’s just filthy. It really wasn’t a normal double clutch - kd moved the ball SIDEWAYS before releasing it. I don’t know how could hit that so cleanly?

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
So glad that Eubanks seems back into rotation with all the glaring problems corrected that made him less playable. On O, his handout passes on the perimeter are very timely without his bad habit of hesitation which disrupts our off. sets, and his pick settings are clean and firm without previous habit of moving for off. foul calls. On D, his rotation and covering back are much better.
Remember Bol was also unplayable, totally lost on court for a while and came back to become a disciplined useful rotation player, I guess the coaching stuff have been working on improving bench's understanding of the game diligently with success. I hope they work the same magic also on Little.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how Vogel can’t find minutes for Metu, Little, Azubuke, Yuta, Goodwin? Few minutes here and there in a game like this even to just throw a different look at them? Can’t run our injury prone starters into the ground playing crazy minutes all the damn time! Love winning but damn you need to use the bench or can’t expect them to be any help later on…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feel like we missed Gordon as well although he’s been not so great lately. He seems to knock down shots in crunch time like he’s not afraid to shoot em! Couple of late 3s the other night and could have done the same tonight. KD was hot so just kept feeding him, even Book 11 shots all game hmm that’s pretty crazy low and unaggressive for him. Hard to say maybe guys pretty tired on the back to back seemed to take them awhile to even wake up and compete…

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure how Vogel can’t find minutes for Metu, Little, Azubuke, Yuta, Goodwin? Few minutes here and there in a game like this even to just throw a different look at them? Can’t run our injury prone starters into the ground playing crazy minutes all the damn time! Love winning but damn you need to use the bench or can’t expect them to be any help later on…
Every our bench player has some deficiency that made them unplayable to some extent. Even Gordon is temporarily off with his 3pt shots. Many of those issues can be dealt with in practises, so that we saw Bol and Eubanks back into rotation with much better performances. Yuta's D and Goodwin's O cannot be helped with. But I guess Metu and Little are in the drills to be useful later. Rotating them in and out after a while is just examining their results.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every our bench player has some deficiency that made them unplayable to some extent. Even Gordon is temporarily off with his 3pt shots. Many of those issues can be dealt with in practises, so that we saw Bol and Eubanks back into rotation with much better performances. Yuta's D and Goodwin's O cannot be helped with. But I guess Metu and Little are in the drills to be useful later. Rotating them in and out after a while is just examining their results.
Except it’s not just that you need to use them and get Book and KD and Beals minutes down 40 damn minutes a night is too much! It’s the number one reason you have a bench to rest your damn stars!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And Azabuike is on a Two-Way deal and can only play in so many games per season. I think the total is 50 now. It's not just playing in but being active for. There's little to no reason to toss him out there without a plan in place since his time is limited.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Azabuike is on a Two-Way deal and can only play in so many games per season. I think the total is 50 now. It's not just playing in but being active for. There's little to no reason to toss him out there without a plan in place since his time is limited.
No reason not to play the bench more even in spurts to rest the stars. Little. Yuta, Metu lol zero reason these guys shouldn’t get 5-10 minutes maybe they have a hot night either way creates different match ups and rests our key guys! Can’t continue to play them 40 minutes that’s just ignorant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No reason not to play the bench more even in spurts to rest the stars. Little. Yuta, Metu lol zero reason these guys shouldn’t get 5-10 minutes maybe they have a hot night either way creates different match ups and rests our key guys! Can’t continue to play them 40 minutes that’s just ignorant.

Little and Yuta have been awful. Playing them won't help. When the stars sit the Suns get outscored. The bench rarely produces. We have one of the worst bench scoring units in the league. Those guys can't be played. We were getting blown out by the Bulls tonight so I suppose you could concede the game and go to the bench to let the Bulls get a bigger lead or go with the stars to try and right the ship, which is what happened. Eubanks stepped up, finally, but he hadn't played like that all season. Throughout this win streak the bench hasn't produced. We've needed every minute our big 3 has played to pull these games out. You can either win with the stars or lose with the bench. There is no evidence to support this idea of yours that inserting Yuta or some other bench warmer will help. We saw a deeper bench earlier in the season and no one proved they deserved regular playing time.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Grayson Allen 3-6 from deep still going strong

Let's face it,,,,we need Grayson,,,part of the BIG FOUR. He plays with hi energy, can bring the ball up court fast, knows his role with
the others, and will hit the '3' with consistency. Hush up those trade talks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson