Bulls @ Suns Monday game thread 1-22-2024

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I watched the game. The Bulls played great. I was just satisfied that the Suns cut into their lead and made it close. I was not expecting a win in this game the way the Bulls played I thought we were back to our old standard of getting down and then down by twenty and then either lose by twenty or like 5-10 point loss. But hey, I'll take it, and hopefully now after a small winning streak, they got the taste for it and want to win every night so they put the effort in on both ends of the floor.

Go Suns. Down with the orange idiot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has played in like 5 games all year. He could play every game left and still be fine.

That is not the issue, he's just an extremely limited player.

He is limited but it's not just games he's played but been active that count against his total. I wish there were a site that tracks that because I know he's been active much more than he's played. He's someone who can definitely provide some rim protection, rebounding, and toughness when the matchup calls for that. He's someone I hope we can keep longer because he could benefit from being in the G-League under the Suns control but we don't have a say in how he'd be used down there now. Looking forward to getting a G-League team back next year.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt like this game turned as soon as Phoenix suns got the two Chicago Bulls starting guards in foul trouble. They were playing really physical defense which always bothers our stars and the referees were letting them do it. I'm hoping that they are figuring out that even if it cost some a few possessions they need to Force the referees hands all three of our star should be able to get their defenders in foul trouble if they are willing to take some contact. Feel free to remind me about this post when one of our stars gets knocked out for the rest of a season on a hard foul.

Eubanks did a great job tonight. Hopefully we can continue to get that type of play out of him. He does not get that critical offensive rebound though without Bradley Beals effort on the offensive glass . He all but knocked the ball into Eubanks hands.

This team desperately needs an elite, Long wing defender who make wide open three-pointers at a decent clip. I love the effort from JO, but God does he F the Half court offense.

Lastly, does everybody shoot lights out one end of the court? It's probably just selective memory, but I swear every team shoots ridiculously well on that left side (Watching from TV).

I'm excited by the progress . I'm really excited to see how they look against Dallas tomorrow. I won't overreact one way or another, but it should give us a good idea of where we are after finally getting reasonably healthy.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
He is limited but it's not just games he's played but been active that count against his total. I wish there were a site that tracks that because I know he's been active much more than he's played. He's someone who can definitely provide some rim protection, rebounding, and toughness when the matchup calls for that. He's someone I hope we can keep longer because he could benefit from being in the G-League under the Suns control but we don't have a say in how he'd be used down there now. Looking forward to getting a G-League team back next year.
I agree. We should have a couple of big bodies at our disposal in case of injuries or match-ups. As we all know, Phoenix has a tendency to be abused on the boards and on the inside, by some teams in the regular season and especially in the playoffs. It is crucial to have a couple of big bodies and 6-12 fouls to spend on LeBron, Luka, Giannis or Joker bulldozing to the rim with the refs on their side. Give up some hard fouls. Nothing dirty, but we cannot be super soft in the paint in the playoffs.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Good post Joe Mama. It's again on the "soft" label the Suns struggle to rid themselves of. I hope teams continue to play us really physical so especially Booker can get accustomed to it and not disappear when it happens. I think KD handles it quite well. Wow did he play great against the Bulls. It was awesome to see.

I too don't get carried away as easily as I did earlier in the season. I have realized that we probably won't make the finals and we're not front-runners to anything. I just don't want us to be embarrassed all season, I want us to regain some respect.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I felt like this game turned as soon as Phoenix suns got the two Chicago Bulls starting guards in foul trouble. They were playing really physical defense which always bothers our stars and the referees were letting them do it. I'm hoping that they are figuring out that even if it cost some a few possessions they need to Force the referees hands all three of our star should be able to get their defenders in foul trouble if they are willing to take some contact. Feel free to remind me about this post when one of our stars gets knocked out for the rest of a season on a hard foul.

Eubanks did a great job tonight. Hopefully we can continue to get that type of play out of him. He does not get that critical offensive rebound though without Bradley Beals effort on the offensive glass . He all but knocked the ball into Eubanks hands.

This team desperately needs an elite, Long wing defender who make wide open three-pointers at a decent clip. I love the effort from JO, but God does he F the Half court offense.

Lastly, does everybody shoot lights out one end of the court? It's probably just selective memory, but I swear every team shoots ridiculously well on that left side (Watching from TV).

I'm excited by the progress . I'm really excited to see how they look against Dallas tomorrow. I won't overreact one way or another, but it should give us a good idea of where we are after finally getting reasonably healthy.
What bothers our stars is the lack of foul calls when players are allowed to be physical:)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Good post Joe! I personally thought the game turned when Drew got that phantom T, but patato potato.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are not going to trade him for a bunch of nothing.

They're going to want a first round pick, or 2, and or a young, promising player.
Little has upside and is young and EG is an 1 year deal so an expiring contract they can shed, plus a second rounder. It’s Caruso he’s not some superstar that’s gonna get a huge return!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Little has upside and is young and EG is an 1 year deal so an expiring contract they can shed, plus a second rounder. It’s Caruso he’s not some superstar that’s gonna get a huge return!

They're going to want something. A first round pick or a young player is not a huge return.

Little has no value.

Gordon has no value to a team like the Bulls.

A single second round pick is basically worthless.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gordon is on a minimum deal, he has no value as an expiring. Add in he has a player option for next season and he's not really expiring. Then you factor in how he was a coveted vet who chose to come here, trading him will keep other vets from wanting to come here. Not smart when that's all we'll be able to do in free agency in the future, hope for vets who will sign for the minimum.

Like Phraz said, Chicago will want something of value and we don't have anything. Disagree all you want, it won't happen and when Caruso is moved for a 1st then please remember this conversation.

We don't really need another SG either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson