Bulls @ Suns Monday game thread 1-22-2024

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Kevin Durant in what proved to be the game winner. The ball barely touched the net.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At first because I only seen the bottom of the net barely move, I thought it was an air-ball. Then I wet my pants seeing that KD made it with
being double teamed. Second half he was on fire.

I've been down on Eubanks many times, but he gave the Suns a huge performance,,,,,taking NO SHYT from the big Bull animal.
Good job Drew!

Like the Kings game,,,very entertaining and keeping our hearts beating.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know but shouldn’t we be blowing teams out of the water?

A win is a win don’t get me wrong.. I feel like this team is not playing to their potential.

Our starters are the only reliable players on the team and have to carry too big of a load. The bench isn't producing. We'll beat most teams during the regular season but we're wearing down Book, KD, Beal, Nurk, and Allen in the process. We desperately need someone to step up and I'm afraid that person isn't on the roster. How we get them, I don't know. A lot of fans are enamored with Grayson and he is playing well but he's also the only one who is outside of the big 3 but he's not providing anything the big 3 don't. It's helping us win now, in the regular season, but that won't get us past the Clippers, Nuggets, or possibly even the Wolves in the playoffs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Azabuike is on a Two-Way deal and can only play in so many games per season. I think the total is 50 now. It's not just playing in but being active for. There's little to no reason to toss him out there without a plan in place since his time is limited.
He has played in like 5 games all year. He could play every game left and still be fine.

That is not the issue, he's just an extremely limited player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised how optimistic some of you seem to be.

The suns looked like ass for 3 quarters again against a below average team.

I can't get very excited about a win that should be routine for a good team.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

You don't go from suck to great instantly - hopefully what we're seeing now is that time in between - I'm actually surprised to see negativity - we're a freakin dangerous team now - officially - all 3 assassins locked and loaded no more putting maximum responsibility on minimum players - defense is coming together - Vogel finally figuring out when and when not to Nurk - 6 games in a got damn row - I mean we're finally taking form - I remember when people said we might not make the playoffs - playoffs?

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean it was a back to back. You could sense the Bulls came with much more energy. The big takeaway I have of the games vs Kings and Bulls. We can turn it on and pour it in a way only very elite teams do. There's a dominance in which we can take over a game.

Now obviously you shouldn't want to fall down by 20 before you do that. It just shows there's potential to be that good. You have an offense that can be unstoppable with one of KD/Book/Beal going off and everyone else just playing their role on offense. Defensively is the key. When the team begins to defend a bit, they really can be effective.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Did you watch the game? Chicago was playing VERY well. Like contender well. They just can't sustain it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Without context, what you said makes sense.

Here's some context:
2nd half of back to back
Bulls have been playing great - won 5 in a row
Bulls play actual D and were hitting all their shots

The fact the Suns came back should be incredibly encouraging to folks.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's some context:
2nd half of back to back

I don't think so. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's some context:
2nd half of back to back

And any win is a good win in the National Basketball Association, amirite?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And any win is a good win in the National Basketball Association, amirite?
Coming back from a 23 pt deficit on the back end of a back to back was impressive to me, but who's to say?!?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our starters are the only reliable players on the team and have to carry too big of a load. The bench isn't producing. We'll beat most teams during the regular season but we're wearing down Book, KD, Beal, Nurk, and Allen in the process. We desperately need someone to step up and I'm afraid that person isn't on the roster. How we get them, I don't know. A lot of fans are enamored with Grayson and he is playing well but he's also the only one who is outside of the big 3 but he's not providing anything the big 3 don't. It's helping us win now, in the regular season, but that won't get us past the Clippers, Nuggets, or possibly even the Wolves in the playoffs.

1000% plus.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns need a couple more bench players that are consistent. They need not be stars, but they need to be reliable.

If Damion Lee returns healthy, maybe Eubanks, Eric Gordon and a 4/5 might be enough but it's cutting it close.

The Suns need to be able to compete with the Clippers. They have a loaded roster.