Suns @ Warriors Saturday game thread 2-10-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns visit the Warriors in San Francisco on Saturday.

Afterward, they return home to play the Kings and Pistons in back-to-back games on Tuesday and Wednesday before the All-Star break.

The Warriors are 24-25 and have won their last three games.

Phoenix is now 31-21 after beating the Jazz.

When: Saturday, 2-10-2024

Television: ABC

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6:30 PM Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets keep the good suns vibes rising :)

Wanting to see good gms by the big 3 and nurik on boards and eubanks do well and the new players from trade!

Goooo suns vs gs bong will be rdy lol fingers crossed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in December everyone of us would have taken this.

Also...if we started like this we would think it's a Championship season
On Christmas some people were catastrophizing that we might have to trade Devin Booker because the entire future is irrevocably doomed!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Christmas some people were catastrophizing that we might have to trade Devin Booker because the entire future is irrevocably doomed!
If this team implodes and doesn’t get it done Booker may not want to stay until the end of his contract depending on what the Suns are able to put next to him. In a way the Sun have no choice moving forward to hunt for stars to play next to him for the duration of that contract. That bar is set.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You guys do realize the likely outcome for this season is a first round matchup against the Clippers and a quick exit right?

Until we prove we can beat them, and so far they have whipped us twice, I see no reason to be optimistic.
KD didn't play in the first game.

This post definitely sums up Proximo for the 2023-2024 NBA season. :)

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You guys do realize the likely outcome for this season is a first round matchup against the Clippers and a quick exit right?

Until we prove we can beat them, and so far they have whipped us twice, I see no reason to be optimistic.
Do you my man - it's all good - but we already had this convo 87 times tho so pardon me if I don't list a bunch of semi obvious optimistic counter points - I get it - you don't think we're going anywhere as is - it's all for nothing - we don't win enough and when we do win we don't win by enough lol - it's all good

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD didn't play in the first game.

This post definitely sums Proximo up for the 2023-2024 NBA season.
Not really, I was insanely optimistic early on, in fact I placed several bets on the Suns winning the title which I now think is lost money.

The Suns still all year have not beat one good team - unless you count the Twolves - and that was once.

I don't want to be negative, I'm just calling it how I see it. Since the schedule is getting tougher if we start beating the best teams I could very easily change my tune again. I just don't think that is going to happen because it seems pretty clear we don't have as much talent and we have subpar coaching and that isn't going to change this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, I was insanely optimistic early on, in fact I placed several bets on the Suns winning the title which I now think is lost money.

The Suns still all year have not beat one good team - unless you count the Twolves - and that was once.
First... why wouldn't we count an 18 point stomping of the Twolves? Two... you know this info can easily be looked up, right? They've beaten New York, New Orleans, Sacramento, Indiana, Dallas, Orlando, Miami... ALL teams over .500 and would be in the playoffs if the season started today. Or are playoff teams not good teams?

The reality is that they haven't played the great teams all that much yet. No games against the Celtics, 1 against the Nuggets, none against Cleveland, 1 against the Thunder. The only great team we've played numerous times have been the Clippers, who definitely owned us 3 times.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
First... why wouldn't we count an 18 point stomping of the Twolves? Two... you know this info can easily be looked up, right? They've beaten New York, New Orleans, Sacramento, Indiana, Dallas, Orlando, Miami... ALL teams over .500 and would be in the playoffs if the season started today. Or are playoff teams not good teams?

The reality is that they haven't played the great teams all that much yet. No games against the Celtics, 1 against the Nuggets, none against Cleveland, 1 against the Thunder. The only great team we've played numerous times have been the Clippers, who definitely owned us 3 times.
Not a big deal, but we've played the Clippers 2 times, not 3. 1 of which was without Durant.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When I say Good teams I mean real contenders - and I don't mean when major parts of their team is out with injury. None of those teams you posted are impressive wins - all contenders should beat them almost every time.

The only teams I consider legit contenders are Boston, Milwaukee (no that win did not count because 3 of their 4 best players were out), Philly, (New York - now, not when we beat them), Denver, Clippers. To me OKC and the Twolves and the Cavs - are on the borderline - because I don't really believe they can win it, but they do have top records.

Your right we haven't played these teams many times - but the few times we have we have gotten stomped.

Look, we are legitimately playing better as of late, last night I thought we played great. But conversely we played like total crap against the Bucks - I can't overlook that. We still don't have a bench, we still turn it over to much, and our defense - especially at protecting the rim is weak. I'm not even saying all this can't be overcome. If Beal consistently plays like an all-star and we stop being incredibly sloppy with the ball, increase our pace, and shoot more 3's we can overcome a lot of our weaknesses.

But why are we 50 games in, and that still hasn't happened? Bad coaching is my conclusion. Bad coaching only gets more important in the playoffs.

You know what I am going to admit something else - I cannot think of any team that has lost 3 times to the Lakers as a good team. I can't get past that - it means we suck.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I say Good teams I mean real contenders - and I don't mean when major parts of their team is out with injury.

Great. Are you giving THE SUNS the same break you are the contenders considering we’ve had MAJOR PARTS of the team in and out of the lineup ALL SEASON?

None of those teams you posted are impressive wins - all contenders should beat them almost every time.
Stopped reading here. You want to be overly pessimistic, go for it but your arguments for the extreme pessimism is bereft of actual evidence and based on impossibly high standards making it pointless to engage any further.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
When I say Good teams I mean real contenders - and I don't mean when major parts of their team is out with injury. None of those teams you posted are impressive wins - all contenders should beat them almost every time.

The only teams I consider legit contenders are Boston, Milwaukee (no that win did not count because 3 of their 4 best players were out), Philly, (New York - now, not when we beat them), Denver, Clippers. To me OKC and the Twolves and the Cavs - are on the borderline - because I don't really believe they can win it, but they do have top records.

Your right we haven't played these teams many times - but the few times we have we have gotten stomped.

Look, we are legitimately playing better as of late, last night I thought we played great. But conversely we played like total crap against the Bucks - I can't overlook that. We still don't have a bench, we still turn it over to much, and our defense - especially at protecting the rim is weak. I'm not even saying all this can't be overcome. If Beal consistently plays like an all-star and we stop being incredibly sloppy with the ball, increase our pace, and shoot more 3's we can overcome a lot of our weaknesses.

But why are we 50 games in, and that still hasn't happened? Bad coaching is my conclusion. Bad coaching only gets more important in the playoffs.

You know what I am going to admit something else - I cannot think of any team that has lost 3 times to the Lakers as a good team. I can't get past that - it means we suck.
Well, entirely new roster is a factor. KD and Booker barely played together last year, and everyone else on the team is new. Beal had back to back injuries, KD and Book missed a few games here and there. It is really not that strange that the team hasn't fully gelled in some 20 games the big three have played together. This is an entirely new team. They seem to be improving. Are they going to fully get there by the end of the season? Not sure, but it is not inconceivable. Certainly, it is not really a huge red flag that the team hasn't fully figured things out yet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Great. Are you giving THE SUNS the same break you are the contenders considering we’ve had MAJOR PARTS of the team in and out of the lineup ALL SEASON?

Stopped reading here. You want to be overly pessimistic, go for it but your arguments for the extreme pessimism is bereft of actual evidence and based on impossibly high standards making it pointless to engage any further.
The Suns are literally playing top 3 basketball in the league over the last 15 games. The idea of being extremely pessimistic about this team right now just seems...odd.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't even count most of those 50. The Big 3 are on what game 21 or something playing together. Those others are not even close to a good measuring stick. Heck, the fact they are only 20 something games in isn't a good measuring stick either because they are still in learning each other mode.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If the bolded were true every contender would only lose 10 games every year. And yet most contenders lose 20+ games per year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker isn't on the injury report.

Bradley Beal is PROBABLE.

The new players should be available.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is the only player OUT for the Warriors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
ooooh...... A fun one. We probably come up short but I'm here for the action.