Win. We ain’t getting MHJ.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure Monti would take Marvin over the Penn state kid anyway. I wouldn’t and I love Marvin. I want a powerful o line that can control the clock and take an opponents soul

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bears/Cardinals/whoever to win five or six games
This logic is so weird because he’s going to a bad team regardless whether he comes out in 2024, 2025, 2028, 2037, 2067, 3021, etc. It’s the same flawed logic the other guy presented. If it’s not Fields & Kyler “struggling” to get him the ball, it’ll be Bailey Zappe/Mac Jones or Daniel Jones or Sam Howell or Aidan O’Connell, etc, the list goes on.

He’ll even be more worshipped on campus if/once he becomes a household name in the league

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really think you guys to ask yourselves that “Do I believe a college student is getting paid $20mill+ to stay in college one more year?” Like….do you guys genuinely believe that?
Texas A&M boosters paid $75 million to fire their headcoach. FSU boosters paid Willie Taggart $25 mill to fire him after a single full season. It's a very good time to be a billionaire and nowhere is that more apparent than in the college football world. Boosters have the money and are more than ready to spend it. The guys behind big college programs have just as much money as NFL owners.

Ohio State has Les Wexner as a superfan. Les is the CEO of Victoria's Secret and is worth $6 billion. Now I still think MHJ will enter the draft, but the money is certainly there for him to stay, and sometimes players do get attached to their college team.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He might go to Carolina if they are set on Young.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I golf with a guy that has very close ties to the team(former player) and my wife is the personal assistant to a pretty hefty booster.

Marvin’s not getting 20 million or anything close to that.
What is AJ Hawk like on the course? Love that dude

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would argue that it is kinda transitioning back to a running league based upon the style of defense being run. You have to be able to throw, but being able to run the ball is more important than ever to generate consistent offense.
When everyone else zigs, it's a good time to zag! Or just be the Niners.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This logic is so weird because he’s going to a bad team regardless whether he comes out in 2024, 2025, 2028, 2037, 2067, 3021, etc. It’s the same flawed logic the other guy presented. If it’s not Fields & Kyler “struggling” to get him the ball, it’ll be Bailey Zappe/Mac Jones or Daniel Jones or Sam Howell or Aidan O’Connell, etc, the list goes on.

He’ll even be more worshipped on campus if/once he becomes a household name in the league
Well, two things: eventually you run out of eligibility so you have no choice... and right now he has eligibility. Second, there are teams at the bottom of the draft sometimes that just had poor luck, or a team can move up. Like, even in this year's top 10 as the standings go today, you can't tell me that he wouldn't rather be going to the Jets with a presumably healthy Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, or LA with Justin Herbert and a new head coaching staff. Not to mention the major endorsement offers coming in markets like LA or NY.

Meanwhile we're an organization getting shellacked in the news for our owner's behavior and subpar facilities, who will have been bottom three two years running... and have proven nothing with Kyler.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you can't tell me that he wouldn't rather be going to the Jets with a presumably healthy Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, or LA with Justin Herbert and a new head coaching staff.
You don't know this. Also, Rodgers for like....ONE year? Sure I guess. If the Chargers want to do that despite needing a complete makeover on defense then that's their perogative.
Not to mention the major endorsement offers coming in markets like LA or NY.
You sound like a basketball fan that wants young promising prospects to play for the Lakers or Knicks because it's "better for the NBA".
Second, there are teams at the bottom of the draft sometimes that just had poor luck
It's funny cause you can say the same thing about every bad team ever.

You're so much better than this, Solar. C'mon.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Texas A&M boosters paid $75 million to fire their headcoach. FSU boosters paid Willie Taggart $25 mill to fire him after a single full season. It's a very good time to be a billionaire and nowhere is that more apparent than in the college football world. Boosters have the money and are more than ready to spend it. The guys behind big college programs have just as much money as NFL owners.

Ohio State has Les Wexner as a superfan. Les is the CEO of Victoria's Secret and is worth $6 billion. Now I still think MHJ will enter the draft, but the money is certainly there for him to stay, and sometimes players do get attached to their college team.
Wexner has little to do with the sports at OSU. He's more into the arts and, along with his wife, the medicine side of things. Schottenstein's, who the b-ball arena is named after, are big on the sports side.

This area of the country isn't NIL crazy like the south. Yes, money is there but they're not throwing it around like it's monopoly money like is being done in the SEC and some ACC schools.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm hoping MHJ will come out, but kinda like when Matt Leinart did it, I do understand. I wouldn't want to miss my college years when I was finally old enough to drink so I could go start a demanding career right off the bat. Not when I'm worshipped on campus and winning games constantly, as opposed to going and sitting on the Bears/Cardinals/whoever to win five or six games while Fields or Kyler struggle to get me the ball on a weekly basis.

I know it's a little different because he'll still be the new hotness as an NFL player and get plenty of attention, but college is a great time of one's life and is a lot more fun than working all week.

Leinart returning to SC was a huge red flag in terms of not having the burning desire to be a great NFL QB. And well…

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You don't know this. Also, Rodgers for like....ONE year? Sure I guess. If the Chargers want to do that despite needing a complete makeover on defense then that's their perogative.

You sound like a basketball fan that wants young promising prospects to play for the Lakers or Knicks because it's "better for the NBA".

It's funny cause you can say the same thing about every bad team ever.

You're so much better than this, Solar. C'mon.
I'm not necessarily arguing for THIS year, I mean any given year. The Jets and Chargers were just two examples of teams that have more ideal setups for a young WR, and next year it'll be someone else. Unfortunately the Cardinals are proving themselves to be a bad organization that doesn't have the willingness (or ability) to pay to be one of the best. The Bears have a better overall organization, but have struggled to make a mark in the last decade.

I don't want young players to only play for the big teams, but I can understand why they want to. And the NIL takes away the previous financial incentive to some degree.

Many bad teams can just be stuck with a few injuries or bad beats.

MHJ is going to get paid more than most of us will ever see in our lives if he stays in school for another year, and he doesn't really need the money. He comes from a rich family.

Leinart returning to SC was a huge red flag in terms of not having the burning desire to be a great NFL QB. And well…
See above though. Does it matter if he's great? Matt's living a pretty great life overall. Made tens of millions of dollars, enjoyed the LA celebrity life early on, and now is an analyst on College Football Saturdays making hundreds of thousands of dollars. He's a national champion and Heisman winner. What more "greatness" does one really need?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily arguing for THIS year, I mean any given year. The Jets and Chargers were just two examples of teams that have more ideal setups for a young WR, and next year it'll be someone else. Unfortunately the Cardinals are proving themselves to be a bad organization that doesn't have the willingness (or ability) to pay to be one of the best. The Bears have a better overall organization, but have struggled to make a mark in the last decade.

I don't want young players to only play for the big teams, but I can understand why they want to. And the NIL takes away the previous financial incentive to some degree.

Many bad teams can just be stuck with a few injuries or bad beats.

MHJ is going to get paid more than most of us will ever see in our lives if he stays in school for another year, and he doesn't really need the money. He comes from a rich family.

See above though. Does it matter if he's great? Matt's living a pretty great life overall. Made tens of millions of dollars, enjoyed the LA celebrity life early on, and now is an analyst on College Football Saturdays making hundreds of thousands of dollars. He's a national champion and Heisman winner. What more "greatness" does one really need?
and he is on video having a foursome in a hot tub with three cute college girls...Matt is a legend

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not sure Monti would take Marvin over the Penn state kid anyway. I wouldn’t and I love Marvin. I want a powerful o line that can control the clock and take an opponents soul
That would be akin to taking Levi Brown instead of Adrian Peterson. Trying to get cute instead of going BPA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be akin to taking Levi Brown instead of Adrian Peterson. Trying to get cute instead of going BPA
Nah. Levi was a reach at 5 and 2nd/much lower rated OT in the draft. Taking the Penn St. tackle might be more akin to taking Joe Thomas over AP, which was a defendable decision.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Speaking of Leinart: I assume this board had some fiery debates between the Leinart/Warner camps back then. Lol.

Leinart returned to college for his 5th year. He had already graduated and everything. Major red flag and we later learned he never had the grinder mindset to be an NFL QB. Kurt always had the burning desire for it.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Would anyone really be upset if the Cards somehow pulled off an amazing upset against the Whiners or Eagles? Or if the Cards prevent the Seahawks from getting to the playoffs? Really?

The Eagles losing wouldn't be overly shocking if they play like the they have the previous two weeks.

Sure, I would be pretty excited if the Cards get the 2nd/3rd pick, but I certainly won't be bummed if Kyler plays really well and the team wins a couple.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah. Levi was a reach at 5 and 2nd/much lower rated OT in the draft. Taking the Penn St. tackle might be more akin to taking Joe Thomas over AP, which was a defendable decision.
The point is taking a position over talent is a mistake. Its all about the BPA. I don’t think there’s any experts that have the Penn State tackle as a better overall prospect/talent than Harrison.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard