If MHJ is gone. What now?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like to know what you all think on what we should do assuming MHJ is gone when we are up.

I think we have 3 glaring needs that will not be completely filled in free agency. Wide receiver, cb and edge/d-line.

Teams currently probably looking for a qb are sitting at 5, 9, 11,12 and 13. If MHJ is gone that will mean the top 2 Qb’s are also gone. Will one of this teams want to give up the draft capital to move up for the 4th pick for the 3rd best qb?

Giants at 5? Have they given up on Jones with his contract. Maybe not.
The Falcons at 9? Probably. Depends on the offers we might be receiving from the Vegas, Vikings and Saints assuming they indeed are looking for a Qb.

If we traded with the Falcons I don’t think we’d get a kings ransom but a 2024 second round? How about Verse or Turner with the ninth pick?

Trade our two second round and a third round pick to move up and grab McKintstry.( trade value to move up to 11 or so).

With our other 1st round Wr. One of them are going to drop. Odunze? Coleman?

Of course you need a trade partner so it’s all hypothetical and this isn’t going to happen. But we have to start thinking about Harrison being gone.

Edge, cb, wr.

What would you do?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
A trade down would make most sense - Atlanta or Vegas being the prime candidates to come up and get a QB I would think. If we stayed at 4 and MHJ is gone, I think Olu Fashanu would be the pick - with Humphries moving on. If we traded down to the 9-11 range, there's a lot of good possibilities there that would fill needs.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We take OL if he is gone
I don’t know Chris. It appears this staff recognizes o-line talent. In addition to that the o- line isn’t a top priority especially if we sign a guard in free agency.
As deep as the draft is with lineman I’m thinking third round if we want to add to the line.
Verse and Turner seems like starters from day one. But are they worth the 4th pick. All rankings say no unless we trade down. Same with CB.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know Chris. It appears this staff recognizes o-line talent. In addition to that the o- line isn’t a top priority especially if we sign a guard in free agency.
As deep as the draft is with lineman I’m thinking third round if we want to add to the line.
Verse and Turner seems like starters from day one. But are they worth the 4th pick. All rankings say no unless we trade down. Same with CB.

Having booked tackles on rookie deals is just a massive way to mitigate Murrays cap hit the next two years.

It's not sexy at all but it wins games

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having booked tackles on rookie deals is just a massive way to mitigate Murrays cap hit the next two years.

It's not sexy at all but it wins games
You could very well be right. But with what this staff has done with this o-line is nothing short of phenomenal.
Fuaga seems to might be a guy they like.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You could very well be right. But with what this staff has done with this o-line is nothing short of phenomenal.
Fuaga seems to might be a guy they like.
Fuaga has played RT in college, so if the plan is to move Paris over to LT and get someone to plug and play at RT long term, he would be a fit. Too high at #4, but definitely in play with our second pick or if we trade back from #4.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Like it or not the franchise needs to draft a playmaker. It will not bring in season ticket holders to go back to back top 10 picks on OL. They need someone that’s can be the future face of the franchise especially if Kyler’s years are numbered here. I don’t want this but I think they draft Nabers and hope he’s the explosive playmaker on offense. Ive seen comps to Garrett Wilson and Jaylen Waddle and he is now a projected top 5 pick some places.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this draft has a 2020 WR draft vibe to it --

WRs drafted in 2020:

12 Ruggs
15 Jeudy
17 Lamb
21 Reagor
22 Jefferson
25 Aiyuk
33 Tee Higgins
34 Pittman

IIRC pre-draft: the pre-draft debate was Jeudy vs Lamb as the best. Jefferson was considered good, but the beneficiary of the attention paid to Jamar Chase (who came out in 2021).

i

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like it or not the franchise needs to draft a playmaker. It will not bring in season ticket holders to go back to back top 10 picks on OL. They need someone that’s can be the future face of the franchise especially if Kyler’s years are numbered here. I don’t want this but I think they draft Nabers and hope he’s the explosive playmaker on offense. Ive seen comps to Garrett Wilson and Jaylen Waddle and he is now a projected top 5 pick some places.
You could be right. I always like to judge a player by what they did in games. So many players status goes up at the combine.
Unless the player is coming off injury, let game tape tell the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson