Week 10 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 03/11/24-03/17/24

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is the "QB Tax" on trading up -- exactly how much that is worth is a ?

Yes historically there is an increase in value of a pick when teams trade up to grab a QB in the first round. That premium to move up and select a QB historically has been about 20-25% above the typical value of that pick vs if it were a non-QB picked. Of course it all depends on how many teams are desperate enough to move up and grab their potential franchise QB. The more teams looking to trade up the more the team with the pick can charge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m confident Will tilts the game in our favor against the last Seattle game, Houston, & probably stops the second half bleeding against the Giants, putting us out of MHJ range.
You think he makes us 7-10 last season?!? That’s a tall order for a single player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i guess this is a good place to put this:

anyone care to guess how many sacks Will Anderson has last year?

tied for 51st. One more than Dennis Gardeck.

Im not saying he isnt a good player. He is. But i feel like the board has turned him into the next coming of Lawrence Taylor.

If he were on the Cardinals, there would be a raging debate about if he is really all that good.
Not really. Watching him was impressive. If all you knew was that line sack, sure. But we would’ve watched him all season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
i guess this is a good place to put this:

anyone care to guess how many sacks Will Anderson has last year?

tied for 51st. One more than Dennis Gardeck.

Im not saying he isnt a good player. He is. But i feel like the board has turned him into the next coming of Lawrence Taylor.

If he were on the Cardinals, there would be a raging debate about if he is really all that good.
It's a good thing Sacks aren't the only measure of pressure. Anderson was 23rd in QB hits with 22; same as Bradley Chubb, more than Bryce Huff and Jadeveon Clowney.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes historically there is an increase in value of a pick when teams trade up to grab a QB in the first round. That premium to move up and select a QB historically has been about 20-25% above the typical value of that pick vs if it were a non-QB picked. Of course it all depends on how many teams are desperate enough to move up and grab their potential franchise QB. The more teams looking to trade up the more the team with the pick can charge.
That premium was 100% (wasn’t Addison a first rounder a year ago). I don’t think that computes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think he makes us 7-10 last season?!? That’s a tall order for a single player.
I 100% believe he AT LEAST wins us that Seattle game with a great play(which we would be picking behind LAC who would probably draft Marv). The Houston game was more on Kyler, but Stroud probably doesn’t go off like he did in the first half of that game if we had Will.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I 100% believe he AT LEAST wins us that Seattle game with a great play(which we would be picking behind LAC who would probably draft Marv). The Houston game was more on Kyler, but Stroud probably doesn’t go off like he did in the first half of that game if we had Will.
Too many variables for me to believe something like that. Like what if his splash play was a play where we already had a splash play? Like if he beat a guy to a sack a second earlier. Too many variables for me to say a single non-QB would’ve changed the outcome of a game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too many variables for me to believe something like that. Like what if his splash play was a play where we already had a splash play? Like if he beat a guy to a sack a second earlier. Too many variables for me to say a single non-QB would’ve changed the outcome of a game.
What? A great defensive player will always change the outcome of a game one way or another. Will he outright win the game on his own? Of course not, but he will absolutely impact the result of the game. Do you not think Will made a major impact against us when he played us? Do you really think we would have finished with the same record with Will Anderson?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What? A great defensive player will always change the outcome of a game one way or another. Will he outright win the game on his own? Of course not, but he will absolutely impact the result of the game. Do you not think Will made a major impact against us when he played us? Do you really think we would have finished with the same record with Will Anderson?
I think as a rookie he had impact but not “guaranteed changes the outcome of the game” impact. At least not for a team as inept as us. Have to remember the butterfly effect. Change that one variable it changes a bunch of other stuff throughout the game. And for a bad team that means a greater likelihood of good plays changing to bad imo.