Week 10 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 03/11/24-03/17/24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
my 100% guaranteed and airtight draft prediction:

the Cards do trade down to #11 with Minny

they use one of their 3rds to move up to 7 or 8 -- but the target there isnt a WR, but Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama

A WR is taken at #23 -- someone like Adonai Mitchell or Brian Thomas if he makes it that far
Hmm know what’s interesting? Instead of having:

Paris
Turner
Adonai

They could’ve had:

2nd round tackle
Wil anderson
MHJ

I know which combination I’d prefer (hint hint in a year where there’s supposed to be great tackle depth it’s the latter three)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm know what’s interesting? Instead of having:

Paris
Turner
Adonai

They could’ve had:

2nd round tackle
Wil anderson
MHJ

I know which combination I’d prefer (hint hint in a year where there’s supposed to be great tackle depth it’s the latter three)
Who's to say that if we picked Will Anderson, we be in a spot to take MHJ? It we had won 1 more game, we'd pick 6 instead. 2 more wins, 8th or 9th.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who's to say that if we picked Will Anderson, we be in a spot to take MHJ? It we had won 1 more game, we'd pick 6 instead. 2 more wins, 8th or 9th.
Other than QB I am not a believer that any single rookie player will be the singlehanded difference in a game. At least I don’t believe that to be probably. Possible but not probable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than QB I am not a believer that any single rookie player will be the singlehanded difference in a game. At least I don’t believe that to be probably. Possible but not probable.
Even if we win one more game, give me Anderson, Rome/Nabors and a 2nd Round T in that case.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if we win one more game, give me Anderson, Rome/Nabors and a 2nd Round T in that case.
He could absolutely made a difference in the Seattle game. He was playing hid best football after a slow start and would had added enough IMHO to win that game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could absolutely made a difference in the Seattle game. He was playing hid best football after a slow start and would had added enough IMHO to win that game.
We probably would’ve won the Texans game(lol) and he might have stopped the Giants comeback with a crucial stop as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could see the Cardinals doing this.

The starting point for this trade in my opinion should be five to six picks. I'd ask for three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks.

I saw a scenario today where the Cards take 11, 23, the Vikings 2025 1st and Jordan Addison for #4.

Then trade 11 and 23 to the Chargers to move back to 5 for Marv.

The thing is, I don't see any point them trading to #4. My understanding is that they want Maye. Mayye is gone by #4. And trading all that for McCarthy seems dumb.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a scenario today where the Cards take 11, 23, the Vikings 2025 1st and Jordan Addison for #4.

Then trade 11 and 23 to the Chargers to move back to 5 for Marv.

The thing is, I don't see any point them trading to #4. My understanding is that they want Maye. Mayye is gone by #4. And trading all that for McCarthy seems dumb.
No way. If that is the offer you have to do it. Jordan Addison is a really nice receiver.

I don't think you can get back to 5 for that price otherwise why wouldn't the Vikings just make the deal with them - they know we aren't taking a QB.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Addison on a rookie contract would be an insane pickup. I doubt you get up to #5 to get Marv. Maybe you could entice the Giants to move down if their QB is gone so they could select one of the 2nd wave QB's with #23. Of maybe you can swing keeping 23 and give 27. But they could say screw you if we traded the pick to someone else to select their QB.

Given Monti's links the Titans at 7 might be feasible, and Falcons added Mooney to London and got the highly-rated Rondale Moore in a trade so maybe at 8?

You'd have to expect Harrison to be gone with any of these scenarios and be ok with Odunze. Even that's a risk of not happening. But you don't make a trade back up unless he's on the board.

Still, this is getting cute, so unless Monti has balls of steel and intimate knowledge of what teams want in this range he it's a big risk.

I have a hard time believing that the Vikings would trade Addison. He's a hit.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
You also couldn’t believe Anthony Richardson was a top 5 pick last year.

Anthony Richardson at #5 last year makes a lot more sense to me than JJ McCarthy at #4. Richardson had a much higher ceiling with his immense physical talents. Of course his floor was much lower...definition of boom or bust draft choice.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anthony Richardson at #5 last year makes a lot more sense to me than JJ McCarthy at #4. Richardson had a much higher ceiling with his immense physical talents. Of course his floor was much lower...definition of boom or bust draft choice.
But Richardson was AWFUL at Florida. The history of the NFL draft is filled with many players who looked great in shorts but struggled in pads not working out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what, if we pass on MHJ and he is all that and more we will living through the Adrian Peterson all over again.