Warning : Offensive material in thread.

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll get to the offensive line's play in a little bit, but first I wanted to wax philosophical about Denny Green for a bit.

When I think of Denny as a head coach I'm reminded of the remarks of the Eagles owner shortly after he dismissed Buddy Ryan......" I thought I wanted to win at all costs. I thought that was a good attitude to have. Buddy changed my mind about that way of thinking...."

That's where I see a lot of Buddy Ryan in Dennis Green. That mystifying belief that they can only be good if they do it in an unconventional, abrasive, my-way-or no-way kind of rule. I hardly ever see that method work. At least in the pros. College maybe, in the old days of Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant.

Seems as if Denny is game planning his public personna more than he's formulating a six week run to the very attainable play-offs. Well, very attainable until last weeks implosion.

I don't think Denny's a bad person. I think Denny's a bad manager of human psyches. Sometimes the line gets blurred there. He doesn't have this team right now. Not the whole team. There's still a lot of quiet resentment from a few of the established players because of attitude and application by Denny. Dexter Jackson was not a lone voice in his parting comments last week.

Denny Green is just not the coach that is going to lead a team to a Super Bowl. He simply overthinks and outthinks himself too many times to be able to make the proper rationalizations in crunch time. And along the way he'll blame the media and disenfranchise the loyal fans at the end. And the Bidwills will allow him to spin it with that "I'm going out on my terms", and to Denny that's all that matters

Too bad. We gave him a lot of money. But then what's wrong with wanting to win at any cost?

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
huh?

Super Bowl? can we at least make it to the playoffs before you write the guy off as "not going to win a superbowl"

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
That's where I see a lot of Buddy Ryan in Dennis Green. That mystifying belief that they can only be good if they do it in an unconventional, abrasive, my-way-or no-way kind of rule. I hardly ever see that method work. At least in the pros. College maybe, in the old days of Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant.

Bill Parcells seems to be making it work over the years...

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Bill Parcells seems to be making it work over the years...
So did Vince Lombardi. So did Joe Gibbs. And Bill Parcells. Back in the day!

Not anymore in today's NFL. You just don't garner player loyalty anymore to establish a core group of players to support your mandates.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

Not anymore in today's NFL. You just don't garner player loyalty anymore to establish a core group of players to support your mandates.
Jimmy Johnson?

Jon Gruden? to a certain degree.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Belichek?

Vomit Boy, what happened to the Vomit Boy that predicted that Shaun King would lead the Cardinals to the playoffs?

Dennis Green must have had similar thoughts, but it didn't work out. I, for one, liked your Shaun King thread last week better than this one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

Oh no? I seem to remember everyone and their mother running around at the apparent mutiny that was going on with Bill Belichik last season when he cut Lawyer Milloy and then strong-armed Ty Law in contract negotiations. Man - did Belichik ever lose that team - I think they lost like an NFL record games in a row after that move - oh wait - no I'm osrry - I meant THEY WON an NFL record game sin a row after that point. My bad.

Dictators in pro football - Billick, Belichik, Shanahan, Gruden all get it done just like DG has with the train wreck of a team he's inhereited to go along with atrocious QB play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

are you really advocating a huggy-lovey coaching philosophy?!? you're really coach mac in disguise, aren't you? that crap don't work.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Oh no? I seem to remember everyone and their mother running around at the apparent mutiny that was going on with Bill Belichik last season when he cut Lawyer Milloy and then strong-armed Ty Law in contract negotiations. Man - did Belichik ever lose that team - I think they lost like an NFL record games in a row after that move - oh wait - no I'm osrry - I meant THEY WON an NFL record game sin a row after that point. My bad.

Dictators in pro football - Billick, Belichik, Shanahan, Gruden all get it done just like DG has with the train wreck of a team he's inhereited to go along with atrocious QB play.

There are plenty of management styles that work and as long as you are true to yourself in that style you can maximize your performance.

I have no doubt Denny is maximizing his performance it's just not a high enough maximum because VB had one very good point in what he said.

DG likes to think outside the box, that thinking is fine if you learn when to turn it off. DG is like a self inflating ego the more success he has the more he loses touch with reality and believes in himself.

Case in point, he was getting lots of love prior to the Panther game and so he pulled a Denny and started a QB without the proper reps. He thought it would work out. He's not analytical enough he's too caught up in himself and his plans to really analyze a situation objectively.

He will always self limit his success at the darndest times.

That is because he isn't secure enough in his core beliefs if he has any he will make some Mad Martz mistake at a crucial time.

Martz does the same thing and it boils down to ego wrapped in insecurity.

The other dictators you mentioned aren't that type of personality. They can make split decisions but they all have core beliefs that drive them beliefs about football and mangement.

DG is much more like Martz than those you listed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
There are plenty of management styles that work and as long as you are true to yourself in that style you can maximize your performance.

I have no doubt Denny is maximizing his performance it's just not a high enough maximum because VB had one very good point in what he said.

DG likes to think outside the box, that thinking is fine if you learn when to turn it off. DG is like a self inflating ego the more success he has the more he loses touch with reality and believes in himself.

Case in point, he was getting lots of love prior to the Panther game and so he pulled a Denny and started a QB without the proper reps. He thought it would work out. He's not analytical enough he's too caught up in him self and his plans to really analyze a situatin objectively.

That is because he isn't secure enough in his core beliefs if he has any he will make some Mad Martz mistake at a crucial time.

The other dictators you mentioned aren't that type of personality. They can make split decisions but they all have core beliefs that drive them beliefs about football and mangement.

WORD!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Case in point, he was getting lots of love prior to the Panther game and so he pulled a Denny and started a QB without the proper reps. He thought it would work out. He's not analytical enough he's too caught up in himself and his plans to really analyze a situation objectively.

at this point in time it will take "thinking outside the box" to revive this lifeless franchise. I dont mind him going against the conventional thought process, because this is not a quick fix. there are (were? :shrug: ) deep issues that cannot be solved with a tweak here or there. this organization is in need of a huge jolt to the core. call it crazy, but it was working until last sunday

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Bill Belichek?

Vomit Boy, what happened to the Vomit Boy that predicted that Shaun King would lead the Cardinals to the playoffs?

Dennis Green must have had similar thoughts, but it didn't work out. I, for one, liked your Shaun King thread last week better than this one.
Mulli, my intent of that thread wasn't to predict that King would lead the Cards to the play-offs. My intent was to predict that Denny would change QB's before or during the Carolina game. It was coming at us like a freight train and my analysis proved correct.

It's kind of my own "Being John Malkovich" , only in my case I'm into Denny's mind and I'm so deeply entrenched that I can hear him thinking and see the world through his eyes.

Great movie by the way. John Cusack is an acquaintence of mine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard