Post Rams Overreaction Thread

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Silver lining in all this- investing in interior linemen does not usually break the bank. Hump and Paris are decent tackles, we just need to really upgrade the interior.

Even with the terrible oline factored for- Murray looked like a little kid out there trying to play a grown man’s game. He keeps up play like this- don’t think he last here much longer

Last winnable game is the bears.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m trending dangerously close to just out on kyler. I was really excited about him coming back under a new coaching staff. First game was encouraging, but nothing spectacular. Last two games look like the most recent weak kyler we saw under prior regime.

My biggest concerns:

1. We likely don’t get one of top two picks to ge new QB
2. I don’t love any of these collegiate QBs
3. I don’t know that I have any confidence in monty choosing our next QB

Our offensive line is also not very good.

I have no answers for any of my questions about this team. That’s not good this far into a coaching staffs first season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver lining in all this- investing in interior linemen does not usually break the bank. Hump and Paris are decent tackles, we just need to really upgrade the interior.

Even with the terrible oline factored for- Murray looked like a little kid out there trying to play a grown man’s game. He keeps up play like this- don’t think he last here much longer

Last winnable game is the bears.
Yes and that’s a game we will WSNT to lose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe he just isn’t capable of learning or unlearning what he does.
And there’s a legit argument for that too. But one thing we know is he WAS capable of looking a hell of a lot better than he is for big chunks of the season. If your offensive coaching staff is worth anything, you think you’d see flashes of that.

So far we’ve basically seen very little from Kyler or the coaches, IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there’s a legit argument for that too. But one thing we know is he WAS capable of looking a hell of a lot better than he is for big chunks of the season. If your offensive coaching staff is worth anything, you think you’d see flashes of that.

It could very well be Kyler is strictly a sandlot Qb. You can do that in high school and college. But in the NFL there is structure being countered by your opponent and then you have counter them.
It isn’t simply go down and out by the Chevy, I’ll fake it and you go long.

And let’s face it. The book on Murray is is keep contain and he will crack. The Rams have this philosophy down pat against us.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know on the 2nd series, the one where we went three and out on three straight passes, I thought "What the hell was that?" It wasn't only about the fact we didn't give it to Conner, it was also like we tried a completely different style of pass routes than the first series as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trending dangerously close to just out on kyler. I was really excited about him coming back under a new coaching staff. First game was encouraging, but nothing spectacular. Last two games look like the most recent weak kyler we saw under prior regime.

My biggest concerns:

I have no answers for any of my questions about this team. That’s not good this far into a coaching staffs first season.
In a shocking turn of events, I agree with everything here!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s only three games and the interior OL is weak, but I still see some of the same red flags with Murray as previous years and not convinced they will ever be corrected for the most part. Needless to say this offseason will be one for the books.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1) State Farm Stadium is a tomb. Was lucky enough to go there with my kids and I dunno why we’d pay money to go back. Place was at least 1/3 empty and maybe 20% of the fans who were there were Rams fans. Zero energy in that place. Terrible.

2) Zero on either side of the ball. I don’t understand why you’d need a 17-game evaluation period when 31 other NFL teams are able to do it in three. Maybe a good coaching staff has a feisty team. This coaching staff has a team with zero answers and just played its most lifeless game of the year.

3) Didn’t see it myself, but Pasch was rumbling about Surly Kyler on the drive home. Bad sign if so.
Yeah...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The only benefit the coaches get is that Kyler wasn't a timing and rhythm QB before and I don't know that most thought he could be one. We are seeing that he can't. I just don't see how you can justify rolling him out in 2024 if this is his level of play.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite me saying to trade him rather than pay him, I am one of the more positive Kyler Murray people on this board. I wanted to go to this game to see Kyler kick some ass...

I only watched the first half before I went and put up the Christmas lights outside. It was a soul crushing 2nd quarter. He couldn't complete basic passes.

All the progress of the last year just went out the damn window. He looked like a sad panda after every incompletion. He rallied nobody, especially himself. It was just zero positives even when I was desperately searching for positives.

He needs a monumental tournaround next week

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) State Farm Stadium is a tomb. Was lucky enough to go there with my kids and I dunno why we’d pay money to go back. Place was at least 1/3 empty and maybe 20% of the fans who were there were Rams fans. Zero energy in that place. Terrible.

2) Zero on either side of the ball. I don’t understand why you’d need a 17-game evaluation period when 31 other NFL teams are able to do it in three. Maybe a good coaching staff has a feisty team. This coaching staff has a team with zero answers and just played its most lifeless game of the year.

3) Didn’t see it myself, but Pasch was rumbling about Surly Kyler on the drive home. Bad sign if so.

Multiple throws where he was just short or behind, he had the "WTF dude" face.

You threw that ball into the turf a foot in front. Who are you even mad at?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My biggest concerns:

Yeah this is my entire vibe. We are kinda in a pickle no matter what happens.

Which of these is more likely to happen:

A. You draft around Kyler and hope he can thrive with better talent.

B. You end up with the #2 pick and draft Maye. You then cut Kyler because literally no one is trading for today's Kyler and he succeeds in the same crappy position that Kyler didn't.

C. You cut Kyler and just draft like he was still on the team with MHjr and punt on 2024.

A week ago I was like "A duh dude". Now it's incredibly dicey to further guarantee that contract.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His first drive today was good. Same as last week. The problem is he couldn't recreate it.
Yeah he couldn’t recreate it lol, they didn’t call the rest of the game like they did the first drive! Does he call the plays… no, does he say I’m gonna sit in the pocket and get crushed over and over rather than run out of it? It’s pretty obvious they want him to do certain things. It’s hard to imagine watching that first drive and how well everything worked, they just abandoned that game plan and went to passing the rest of the day? Not trying to win, Connor 6 run attempts lol in the entire game! 4 of those attempts first drive TD! Then we started experimenting…

Reaction score
There was another thread about treating this year as a 17 game preseason. I think there are players being put in strictly for evaluation. I also think we are evaluating situations and play calling.
Bottom line is being on the outside, we don’t know. We can only hope this staff and organization has a long term plan

I would love to have a conversation with MO and JG and see what their evaluation and wish list is. We will eventually know but those answers are about 5 months away.
Not to mention they are trying to change K1's footwork as well as working more under center. I think you're right that they are evaluating players & working on different things. Probably why Clark was inactive for a few a games & then started yesterday.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I took the girls to the model rocket store and the dungeons & dragons store for most of the game.
Yeah, that’s right.
awesome hobby.
way way back, I used to be a model rocketeer. My most memorable launch involved a Big Bertha rocket with a clear payload tube... like this one
You must be registered for see images attach

that rocket was nearly 4 feet long.... my buddy and I had determined that the only reason for a clear payload tube was so that the passengers could see outside.... passengers.....
so according to PBS, all scientific experiments were done with white mice...not just any old mouse,...but white mice... the pet store charges extra for those... but we used our allowance to get a nice fat one. like this

so launch day comes...and before I went to my buddies house...I swiped a sensemilla joint from my older brother...you know,...just cuz..
we set up the launcher... then we sparked up the doobie to get high first. It occurred to me that space flight might be stressful...even for a white mouse... so we put him in a paper bag and exhaled all our smoke into it until the doobie was done.
You know, it seemed to work because the mouse was lots calmer when we took him out of the bag and put him in the payload chamber. he was just curious about what the fudge we were doing.
as we set the count down, the mouse is exploring the chamber,..looking out at us... then ZOOOOOMM.... Big Bertha launched.
Dude..it was glorious... I bet that giant Rocket went a thousand feet up!! It had like 3 Super C engines in it..totally badass...
So we see the chute deploy and run across the field tracjing it as it comes down..and we recover the rocket....and check on the mouse who was still inside.

Poor little dude... he was standing up,...arms splayed, mouth wide open..his little red eyes all bulging out, mouth wide in a silent scream with his tongue flapping all the way around to the back of his head...

we waited a while. But unfortunately the test pilot didnt survive the flight. we intended to get some more engines and run a control flight. You know, to see if we got the same results when the mouse was not high. But we never got around to it because we got focused on putting the engines in toy cars and launching them over ramps across the canal... But I will always remember that look of AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! on that mouses face...made my mind up right then I was never gonna be an astronaut.