Post Rams Overreaction Thread

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, my immediate over reaction:

A few more games like this and Monti definitely needs to be drafting a QB next year. Kyler Murray is strangely morphing into Derek Anderson when it comes to accuracy. It is abysmal.

Ignoring the strong QB class next year and sticking with Kyler will result in Gannon and Monti getting fired in a couple years.

Seems pretty obvious the issue wasn't just Kliff.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not a good coaching staff. The guys play hard, but so what? That isn't good coaching, it's survival.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Liked KM’s first game back. Last week not as good. Today was the KM I hoped to never see again. That said this organization is such an embarrassment with what they expect their fans to endure. So little talent how can you evaluate anything.
His first drive today was good. Same as last week. The problem is he couldn't recreate it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the foundation that’s being laid for next year?

We’re the most penalized team in the league, so we’re not instilling discipline.

We’re somehow 1-5 in games we WIN the turnover battle, which is almost unheard so we’re not making the most of our anyone’s mistakes.

We get our 50 million dollar man back at QB, but the offense is getting worse with every game he plays.

Our draft, which looked pretty good to begin the season is looking more and more meh the more our guys get on the field (Paris) or aren’t able to stay on it (Wilson, Clark). I guess BJ is a bright spot, but right now he’s the only one who looks like he hasn’t hit a wall. Stills is… nothing special.

And we’re 2-10, so we’re not establishing any culture of winning, which means it’ll probably be even harder this year to get good players in FA because now those guys can see what the new regime has done and it’s not pretty.

So, what’s the foundation or reason for Hope going into next year?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol I'm a therapist, and if it didn't break the code of ethics I'd ask you to lay on a couch and tell you how the mean old Stout has hurt you. We're talking about a QB on and NFL football team. Get a grip and stop taking it personal, man.
I guess if we don’t coddle our “superstar” qb and line up every excuse possible we are haters.

If anyone out there is simply clinging to the hope that Kyler is the messiah without subjectively breaking down his performance YOU are the one with the problem.

I truly want Kyler to succeed. But I refuse to turn a blind eye to what I have seen since the end of 2022. If he stinks I’m going to say so.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh gawd Stout.. you really need help, I’m far less than a Murray fan as you are a Murray hater. In a weird way, you’re admitting your shortcomings as a person.
Take a day off

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

We’re the most penalized team in the league, so we’re not instilling discipline.

We’re somehow 1-5 in games we WIN the turnover battle, which is almost unheard so we’re not making the most of our anyone’s mistakes.

We get our 50 million dollar man back at QB, but the offense is getting worse with every game he plays.

Our draft, which looked pretty good to begin the season is looking more and more meh the more our guys get on the field (Paris) or aren’t able to stay on it (Wilson, Clark). I guess BJ is a bright spot, but right now he’s the only one who looks like he hasn’t hit a wall. Stills is… nothing special.

And we’re 2-10, so we’re not establishing any culture of winning, which means it’ll probably be even harder this year to get good players in FA because now those guys can see what the new regime has done and it’s not pretty.

I was told that we couldn't lose unless we neglected our roster. Which essentially throws away the initial year. That said, maybe we get a new QB and have some hope for the future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told that we couldn't lose unless we neglected our roster. Which essentially throws away the initial year. That said, maybe we get a new QB and have some hope for the future.
We ain’t getting one of the first two picks. And even if we did, why would we believe this coaching staff/GM knows which QB to choose or how to develop him?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There was another thread about treating this year as a 17 game preseason. I think there are players being put in strictly for evaluation. I also think we are evaluating situations and play calling.
Bottom line is being on the outside, we don’t know. We can only hope this staff and organization has a long term plan

I would love to have a conversation with MO and JG and see what their evaluation and wish list is. We will eventually know but those answers are about 5 months away.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Today was the day I got really down about our head coach and his staff. It was really poor. Sure, we don't have a lot of great players. But we are also dumb. Both as players and as coaches.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We ain’t getting one of the first two picks. And even if we did, why would we believe this coaching staff/GM knows which QB to choose or how to develop him?
We don’t know. But how much “ coaching” should a 5th year qb need?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Cards end up picking #1 and Kyler played 8 games, was Kyler setup for failure or Kyler cannot raise the standard of the team?

How can anyone be sure what this franchise has or does not entering 2024?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don’t know. But how much “ coaching” should a 5th year qb need?
I think there was a legit argument that Kyler needed new voices after only having a terrible college coach in his ear for 4 years. But this staff hasn’t done anything to elevate him either so jury’s out there for me.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was another thread about treating this year as a 17 game preseason. I think there are players being put in strictly for evaluation. I also think we are evaluating situations and play calling.
Bottom line is being on the outside, we don’t know. We can only hope this staff and organization has a long term plan

I would love to have a conversation with MO and JG and see what their evaluation and wish list is. We will eventually know but those answers are about 5 months away.
The evaluation is turning out to be we didn't bring in any vets worth a damn. (Jury still out on Carter?). Oh well, can't miss on all of them all next year, right?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there was a legit argument that Kyler needed new voices after only having a terrible college coach in his ear for 4 years. But this staff hasn’t done anything to elevate him either so jury’s out there for me.
Or maybe he just isn’t capable of learning or unlearning what he does.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1) State Farm Stadium is a tomb. Was lucky enough to go there with my kids and I dunno why we’d pay money to go back. Place was at least 1/3 empty and maybe 20% of the fans who were there were Rams fans. Zero energy in that place. Terrible.

2) Zero on either side of the ball. I don’t understand why you’d need a 17-game evaluation period when 31 other NFL teams are able to do it in three. Maybe a good coaching staff has a feisty team. This coaching staff has a team with zero answers and just played its most lifeless game of the year.

3) Didn’t see it myself, but Pasch was rumbling about Surly Kyler on the drive home. Bad sign if so.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) State Farm Stadium is a tomb. Was lucky enough to go there with my kids and I dunno why we’d pay money to go back. Place was at least 1/3 empty and maybe 20% of the fans who were there were Rams fans. Zero energy in that place. Terrible.

2) Zero on either side of the ball. I don’t understand why you’d need a 17-game evaluation period when 31 other NFL teams are able to do it in three. Maybe a good coaching staff has a feisty team. This coaching staff has a team with zero answers and just played its most lifeless game of the year.

3) Didn’t see it myself, but Pasch was rumbling about Surly Kyler on the drive home. Bad sign if so.
I never missed a home game (with just a handful of exceptions) until this year. Today was my first game this season. Also going to SF and the Seahawks. It was the least energetic crowd I have ever experienced. People were not even angry. The Rams fans were also half asleep by opposing fans standards.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Pew pew pew?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard