OT: Hard Knocks In-Season - Miami Dolphins

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Absolutely owns. 10/10 through three episodes. Worth checking up on.

Mike McDaniels hasn't encountered a lot of a lot of adversity as a head coach yet, but he sure seems like the real deal. Players seem to love and respect him.

Miami's facility is top notch. The difference between their team meeting auditorium and the Cards' is pretty embarrassing, TBH.

Tyreek Hill is a different kind of dude. I think you have to be to succeed in a position where you're going to be on the field for 55-70 plays and get max 10 chances to do anything, but you have to give 100% the rest of the time.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to start watching it. Totally forgot about the in-season episodes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we had Mike McDaniels offense instead of Petzing's.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I wanted Kyle Shanahan way back in 2013. It's very hard to find these jewels on the offensive side of the ball and the Dolphins have found one and to me it still seems to be the best way to have a perennial winner these days. A brilliant offensive mind as your HC locks him in because the OC's get poached each offseason trying to find the next jewel. Steichen, Eberfluss, Rhule, Reich, Kliff, etc.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some of the Shanahan and his disciples success is based upon how the league has changed defensively. Being able to run against light defensive boxes is the primary way to force teams out of these shell coverages. That run scheme is just becoming more and more impactful. Also helped by RBs becoming less valued across the league.

(None of this to discredit Kyler or Mike...they are great and very good at getting the most out of limited QBs)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wish we had his weapons too.
he definitely had an idea of what he needed to make his offense work and was able to sell the Dolphins on getting it.

EDIT: How many on this board would be ok with Monti giving up pick 29, 50, a 4th and then a 4th and 6th the following year along with a 4 year, 120 mil extension for an 28 year old, undersized WR with a DV/Child abuse history? I mean, you said you weren't interested in trading for Justin Jefferson.