Thunder @ Suns game, Sunday 3-3-24

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I understand it. You are not understanding what I am saying. You review something and say it is one thing. Then you review it again and say it's the opposite. No wonder people hate refs. He should not have said what he said at the first review then.
Incorrect. They were only reviewing if it was a flagrant. It wasn't and the call HAS TO stand because a ref cannot reverse a foul call during a ref review.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand it. You are not understanding what I am saying. You review something and say it is one thing. Then you review it again and say it's the opposite. No wonder people hate refs. He should not have said what he said at the first review then.
That’s not what happened. The offensive foul was not under review the first time.

It was a ref initiated review to determine if it was flagrant. They could not by rule review if the foul was actually a foul until a coach challenge.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bet nobody in any capacity in the NBA will agree with you.

So let's play this.

Right now NBA players no one is trading for Durant

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Kawaii
SGA
Booker
Wembenyama
Tatum
Halliburton
Embid

Durant is absolutely not in the top 10. No one trades these guys for season long Durant let alone the last month.

Next tier

AD
LeBron
Steph
Sabonis
Mitchell

Still would trade Durant and again that's not last month Durant who is absolute mid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So let's play this.

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Kawaii
SGA
Booker
Wembenyama
Tatum
Halliburton
Embid

Durant is absolutely not in the top 10. No one trades these guys for season long Durant let alone the last month.

Next tier

AD
LeBron
Steph
Sabonis
Mitchell

Still would trade Durant and again that's not last month Durant who is absolute mid.
Doesn't matter. Again if you asked any NBA official, they would absolutely say he is still top 20. Disagree if you want.

And you said not top 20 maybe not in the top 30. You probably have an arguenebt against the top 10, but that's not what you said.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So let's play this.

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Kawaii
SGA
Booker
Wembenyama
Tatum
Halliburton
Embid

Next tier

AD
LeBron
Steph
Sabonis
Mitchell

Add in Anthony Edwards, probably your biggest omission. He'd be in the top tier.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Again if you asked any NBA official, they would absolutely say he is still top 20. Disagree if you want.

And you said not top 20 maybe not in the top 30. You probably have an arguenebt against the top 10, but that's not what you said.

Then you find the ones who have someone listed and deal KD. That easy. There's what, half the league there? Shouldn't be hard.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD may be a star but his days of being a superstar are over.
Considering who his coach is that’s debatable. We certainly have seen flashes. To say this offense isn’t hindering his or Books or Beal’s potential doesn’t match the eye test. This offensive scheme might be one of the worst I have seen in a very long time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol do you honestly believe that?

I'm following your logic of speaking for league executives. Apparently they all think KD is a top 10 or 20 talent so wouldn't that mean they'd line up to trade for him?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering who his coach is that’s debatable. We certainly have seen flashes. To say this offense isn’t hindering his or Books or Beal’s potential doesn’t match the eye test. This offensive scheme might be one of the worst I have seen in a very long time.

Father Time is undefeated. We saw how quickly CP3 fell off a cliff. I'd rather not watch that happen again while we're paying KD $50 million a year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Father Time is undefeated. We saw how quickly CP3 fell off a cliff. I'd rather not watch that happen again while we're paying KD $50 million a year.

KD was drafted a month after the Horry hip check. That’s how many miles he’s got on his body. His days of consistent elite production are probably over.

I don’t want to go there yet but it would be smart to trade him this off-season while he still has that 25 ppg value.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Father Time is not what is being debated. I don’t see how anybody could succeed in this predictable, unimaginative and terrible offensive system. We know this is true because we have seen the same inconsistency from Booker and Beal and they are not Durant’s age.

Not to mention it took this “defensive guru” the majority of the season to figure out this team sucks defensively and is now trying to newly install a 3/2 zone to scheme his way out of it.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Father Time is not what is being debated. I don’t see how anybody could succeed in this predictable, unimaginative and terrible offensive system. We know this is true because we have seen the same inconsistency from Booker and Beal and they are not Durant’s age.

Not to mention it took this “defensive guru” the majority of the season to figure out this team sucks defensively and is now trying to newly install a 3/2 zone to scheme his way out of it.

Father Time does deserve mention. He's 36 years old. New offense or not, he's not going to improve going forward. Even if we develop a good offense next season we're looking at an older KD participating in it. He's no longer a superstar and that isn't going to change in a D'Antoni type of revolutionary offense. Get out while we can.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Father Time does deserve mention. He's 36 years old. New offense or not, he's not going to improve going forward. Even if we develop a good offense next season we're looking at an older KD participating in it. He's no longer a superstar and that isn't going to change in a D'Antoni type of revolutionary offense. Get out while we can.
Again, not debating Father Times impact. Just pointing out that I don’t think you can fully assess what Durant is capable of in this system anymore than you can with Book or Beal. Instead of this being a scenario where these guys are taking turns dominating they are taking turns disappearing. That points to the system and coaching.

P.S. I would be OK with blowing this entire thing up and I mean all of it if we get bounced early. That includes Booker. I don’t think the Suns will do it though. Booker needs another Superstar to win a title and just not sure with today’s salary rules that is likely after Durant.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
KD having one of his best years in forever - same with Book - same with Allen - same with Nurk - but we suck - and our bench is much deeper than some say - but we suck

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard