Suns @ Celtics, Thur 3-14-24

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i think nurk is in jokic's head - but every other team infront of us wouldn't lose more than 1 game to us - i think we deserve to be where we are in the standings but i also think we're about to drop like the 3's that rain (reign?) upon us

play in and then we face denver - if we're lucky - still gonna lose tho

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I get it this team is underachieving. But you honestly think Minnesota...OKC or Denver want any part of our 3? Cause a few dudes on Denver have already stated as much. No way in hell they want any part of Phx in round 1
You're living in a dream world. Our big 3 don't scare anyone. They don't play great together, and rarely are all clicking at the same time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Many of them were wide open. The best 3 point shooting team in the league is going to hit wide open 3's at a high rate.
I honestly don't think any team in the league can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, even if they don't shoot lights out like tonight. Just a really well constructed team top to bottom.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I honestly don't think any team in the league can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, even if they don't shoot lights out like tonight. Just a really well constructed team top to bottom.
Yep - they're what we aspire to be (but we're not even close to being in the same league)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Nobody is beating the Celts when they shoot 3s like that.
We are the top mid range team. They are the top 3 point shooting team. Seems like threes greater than twos. We have to get them to move off the three point line. Gotta make them shoot twos. Maybe easier said than done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it this team is underachieving. But you honestly think Minnesota...OKC or Denver want any part of our 3? Cause a few dudes on Denver have already stated as much. No way in hell they want any part of Phx in round 1

LOL… yes. We’re a team that shows no fire, no cohesion, no depth and super iffy health. That’s a team EVERYONE is kicking their chops to play, IMO. Nevermind the fact that almost all of those teams have played us and seen the 4th quarter meltdowns for themselves, beating us most of the time. Also, as much as you probably don’t want to admit this, we’ve got Clippers disease now too as Bradley Beal could go down at any time.

I think you believe that people see that “BIG 3”and shake their knees. But Booker has been a lot of talk, not action in close out games where he’s been humiliated, KD is coming off as the ultimate front runner in League History and Beal just isn’t what he was… nor can we depend on him to be what he is because he might be injured. It’s not like we’re the Nets who never played together but when they did were something ridiculous like 15-2. We’re a mediocre 15-11 even when all three guys are on the court.

Do those teams really want to play Stef who can win a series singlehandedly? Or LeBron/AD? Or a finally healthy Pelicans team that’s rolling? I think us and the Mavs are the two teams EVERY high seed wants.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL… yes. We’re a team that shows no fire, no cohesion, no depth and super iffy health. That’s a team EVERYONE is kicking their chops to play, IMO. Nevermind the fact that almost all of those teams have played us and seen the 4th quarter meltdowns for themselves, beating us most of the time. Also, as much as you probably don’t want to admit this, we’ve got Clippers disease now too as Bradley Beal could go down at any time.

I think you believe that people see that “BIG 3”and shake their knees. But Booker has been a lot of talk, not action in close out games where he’s been humiliated, KD is coming off as the ultimate front runner in League History and Beal just isn’t what he was… nor can we depend on him to be what he is because he might be injured. It’s not like we’re the Nets who never played together but when they did were something ridiculous like 15-2. We’re a mediocre 15-11 even when all three guys are on the court.

Do those teams really want to play Stef who can win a series singlehandedly? Or LeBron/AD? Or a finally healthy Pelicans team that’s rolling? I think us and the Mavs are the two teams EVERY high seed wants.
Who here is confident we beat the Mavs twice? I'm not sure we even get out of the play in at this point.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Bol has been really efficient. I don’t get it, on why he’s being pulled. He just seems to be on a short leash.
Nobody gets it.

But it's the player right? Never the coach right?

I still can't forget a player scoring 12 in the first quarter and a coach banishing him to the bench for more girth.

But that's what these coaches do. And not too many that don't do it. I think they do it because they think the game is about their genius systems that fans want to see. The owners of these assets need to have weekly stand up meetings to have somebody explain something to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who here is confident we beat the Mavs twice? I'm not sure we even get out of the play in at this point.
I think it’s 50/50 we get out of the play-in.

In a one game series against GS, I have very little hope we actually nut up and can see Curry doing his one man band act, beating us singlehandedly. Then I can see the ultimate kick in the balls, losing to the Lakers to miss out on the playoffs entirely.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Bol Bol - 15 minutes, 4-5 FG, 2-2 3FG, 4 rebounds, 1 steal
Royce O'Neal - 27 minutes 0-7 FG, 0-5 3FG, 5 rebounds, 4 assists

What is Vogel doing? I like Royce but he's been unplayable for the 2nd game in a row. His defense sure didn't help tonight.

No consistency from Vogel and his rotations. It's no wonder our bench guys can never get going.
No rhythm or confidence to build consistency can be had on the bench or never knowing how that mastermind mad scientist wants to use you.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
and that's when vogel yanked him for wainwright

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

it's not just about ish being the inferior player on both sides of the court - it's about vogel sticking to his imaginary schedule instead of playing the hot hand - it's about other coaches picking apart his predictability like wet 1 ply toilet paper

but back to bol bol - no scratch that - let's talk about eustanks and ish wainwright - and how eustanks played 4 minutes tonight and ish played 11 while going 1-6

btw - bol bol is 4-6 in his last 6 three pointers - problem is that's over the last 4 games - but hey - who needs a 3 point threat when oneale goes 1-11 from deep against boston - gordon is M.I.A. both on and off the court and teams are now smothering grayson instead of doubling kd or book

top 10 offense - due to pure talent - when the game is on the line the game is good as gone - no progress - the growing pains should come with growth spurts but no - we are still in our infancy - all we can do is roll over

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
and that's when vogel yanked him for wainwright

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

it's not just about ish being the inferior player on both sides of the court - it's about vogel sticking to his imaginary schedule instead of playing the hot hand - it's about other coaches picking apart his predictability like wet 1 ply toilet paper

but back to bol bol - no scratch that - let's talk about eustanks and ish wainwright - and how eustanks played 4 minutes tonight and ish played 11 while going 1-6

btw - bol bol is 4-6 in his last 6 three pointers - problem is that's over the last 4 games - but hey - who needs a 3 point threat when oneale goes 1-11 from deep against boston - gordon is M.I.A. both on and off the court and teams are now smothering grayson instead of doubling kd or book

top 10 offense - due to pure talent - when the game is on the line the game is good as gone - no progress - the growing pains should come with growth spurts but no - we are still in our infancy - all we can do is roll over
Is there anybody here who still doesn't realize that Vogel is an idiot? I think I saw maybe one poster recently who seems to believe everything is going to be A-OK, but the reality has pretty much set in for everyone else at this point, it would seem.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not challenging that obviously terrible call against Booker for his 3rd foul was inexcusable. How you don’t protest a call that putrid against your star is beyond me.

Then Vogel doubles down on the stupid by getting a tech on what was a clear foul on the suns.

A mentally weak team with a coach who seems to constantly be a quarter behind the action.

A waste of a year for a roster built to win now.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I’m done with Vogel. I’ve written this season off, they may have a hard time making the Play-In with the remaining schedule. Even if they make the play-in, and get to the playoffs they will be bounced in the first round.

The fact that the offense is still a complete and total mess with hero ball is amazing. Even worse is how bad the defense is, truly pathetic, one of the worst transition and perimeter defenses I’ve seen in quite some time.

Vogel is not making the adjustments and the talent on this team is going to waste.

This isn’t an overreaction, it’s been the entire season, rinse, wash repeat…..
Beat me to it, this team gets disposed in the 1st rd if they even get out of the play in round. I am seeing 1st hand why the Wizards were trash for a decade. Beal is a waste of $50M a year. Durant trade is a big effing FAIL. Watching Book and KD trying to breakdown the D with their clown dribbling only to turn into a turnover and an easy bucket the other way is the norm now. Vogel is a clown. I could cash his checks and do a better job, how do people win the life lottery and get paid to be worthless? If I am the Suns I am praying that the Mavs crash and burn and that Beal is open to a change and accepts a trade with Irvin if both sides are open to it. Dallas has 2 PG and the Suns have zero.

I miss the twins, the Suns did not need Durant. They needed to get rid of Ayton.

This team sucks

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s amazing. Our bench stinks, suns can’t buy a three. Other teams have bench guys popping off threes every game it seems.
On the post-game show the guys mentioned that the Suns are looking for consistency from the bench players.

Well lets look how the bench players did last night,,,,,taking Bol's
stats out of the equation:

Ish, O'Neale, Young, Eubanks, Little, and Roddy > FG = 4 for 20 on attempts in 51 minutes. No wonder they got blown out.....shameful bench play.

Occasionally Nurk will take a 3pt attempt. WTH for he can't even
shoot a FT with nobody in front on him. More 'practice' needed, or Hack-a-Nurk will be commonplace.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If we simply kept the twins and traded Ayton for Nurk/Allen, where would we be now? (Assuming of course we had a real pg as well)
The problem is, you had arguably the best player available in Durant. That was too shiny an object to pass up on. What would have been ideal is Ayton for Durant and draft picks. However, NJ was too smart to take Ayton. The rest is history.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem is, you had arguably the best player available in Durant. That was too shiny an object to pass up on. What would have been ideal is Ayton for Durant and draft picks. However, NJ was too smart to take Ayton. The rest is history.
Durant’s numbers may be elite but he no longer is a top 5 player anymore. Sure he’ll have his games that remind you why he’s a NBA legend but it’s not consistent enough to make us a top tier team. He’s paid too much for what he does and isn’t a leader.