Suns @ Hornets, Friday 3-15-24

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns (38-28) coming off loss to arguably the best team in the NBA Boston. Up next is Charlotte (17-49) and should be a win the Suns desperately need now that they are tied for 8th place with the Mavs who are on a 4 game win streak. Also, ahead of the Suns are the Kings who are on a 2 game win streak. Teams 5-9 (Pelicans, Kings, Mavs, Suns, Lakers) are all bunched up with Golden State not far behind.

Game Time: 4:00 PM MST
TV: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, FUBO, NBA TV (some local restrictions may apply).
Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The realities are starting to set in.

I'm already seeing some of the local podcasts and talking heads trying to reset the narrative...

No you freaking clowns, listen to yourselves a year ago... anything less than title contention is an abject disaster.

These guys need to blow the doors off the league over the next month.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
im going to try and not harp on vogel so much - just pay attention to the players and not the scoreboard or substitutions because its mentally painful - doesn't matter if someone's on a heater - dammit see there i go again - this is going to be difficult

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We better win this game or all hell is going to break loose on these forums. :devil:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm already seeing some of the local podcasts and talking heads trying to reset the narrative...

No you freaking clowns, listen to yourselves a year ago... anything less than title contention is an abject disaster.

It's a hard thing for them to admit if they want to keep their viewers/listeners that this team screwed itself with the Durant deal.

Unfortunately that is the reality.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im going to try and not harp on vogel so much - just pay attention to the players and not the scoreboard or substitutions because its mentally painful - doesn't matter if someone's on a heater - dammit see there i go again - this is going to be difficult
Vogel sucks, but it's the players that were missing a ton of open 3's last night.

You can't tell me you think really anybody other than maybe Bol and Grayson played well last night.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vogel sucks, but it's the players that were missing a ton of open 3's last night.

You can't tell me you think really anybody other than maybe Bol and Grayson played well last night.
And Bol wasn't reinserted until the game was out of hand. Just incredible stuff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You miss the point. Our defense was abyssmal, and it is Vogel's responsibility to not only call the defense out, it's his responsibility to, you know, PRACTICE it as well. If the Celtics didn't hit their 3s at a record pace, the game would have been a lot closer.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The fact that the Celtics shot 50 threes and made half of them made us dependent on our guys hitting those 3's. Celtics were pretty text book in terms of defense and closing out on our 3 point shooters. Something the Suns can learn from.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

They are finally below my threshold. I only expected the sixth seed. The season has pretty much played out like I thought, minus the fourth quarter problems. All along I thought this year was going to be tough with tighter Western Conference, all new coaches, all new players, etc.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, we have a center who is 7th in rebounding, a guy that leads the league in 3%, 3 star players, the #4 and #6 leading scorers in the NBA and we suck. How does that happen?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, we have a center who is 7th in rebounding, a guy that leads the league in 3%, 3 star players, the #4 and #6 leading scorers in the NBA and we suck. How does that happen?
It's hard to coach THAT good to overcome all that! :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You miss the point. Our defense was abyssmal, and it is Vogel's responsibility to not only call the defense out, it's his responsibility to, you know, PRACTICE it as well. If the Celtics didn't hit their 3s at a record pace, the game would have been a lot closer.
Maybe it's just me, but I have never really bought that much into 3pt defense being much of a thing. Yeah you can make it a little tougher by being up on the shooter, but with all the side step, step back and ability to simply out pass a defense to get open looks, I really think 3pt point success is far more contingent on how the other team is shooting that day than your defense.

Can your defense make a little difference yeah, can it make up anywhere close to 20 points of difference, no way IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Bol wasn't reinserted until the game was out of hand. Just incredible stuff.
Bol could have played 40 minutes and we still would have lost by double digits, best case.

The problem was missed 3's, and generally pretty bad play by the big 3.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hard to coach THAT good to overcome all that! :)
Part of it is certainly coaching, but a bunch of it is also bad depth and not enough complementary pieces.

Other than Nurk we don't have anybody that can rebound for instance.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because Booker isn't that good