Suns @ Kings Saturday game thread 12-26-2020

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton literally looks like he’s stoned to the bejeezus out there. Slow reactions, going up soft, lackadaisical passes that lead to turnovers.

a very disturbing trend, dating back to the bubble where all of his numbers went down from the regular season as well.
He’s definitely downward from reg season to bubble to start of this year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can't shoot poorly and give up offensive rebounds. If we do either thing better we would have won this game.

As to Ayton he seems like he just has no clue of what to do on offense.

On the plus side we are actually starting to get some FTAs from him (11 in 2 games), but now we aren't getting the consistent 15-17 points from the field that we have gotten the last couple years.

If he can put the 2 things together he could be putting up an efficient 19-20 points per game.

Also I think the foul trouble is a result of people telling him to be more aggressive and that gets him more out of control, but also partially caused by having some new pieces that are learning to play together and thus occasionally allow a complete blow by that Ayton becomes solely responsible for defending.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were due a game like this and Sac is somewhat improved IMO just because their young players are maturing. Ayton is having difficulty adjusting to CP3. The big issue though was that both Cam and Mikal shot poorly.

Flush it. Let’s see what kind of coach Monty really is.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were due a game like this and Sac is somewhat improved IMO just because their young players are maturing. Ayton is having difficulty adjusting to CP3. The big issue though was that both Cam and Mikal shot poorly.

Flush it. Let’s see what kind of coach Monty really is.
Cam and Bridges are driving in more but need to know when to just take the shot, mostly applies to Cam since he’s a been the better 3pt shooter.

Sac has a healthy Bagley I think, but he did go to the locker room during the game, Whiteside adds some size and Holmes is getting better overall.
Not to mention Hield came into his own and Fox is healthier too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Ayton has been bad it’s he’s been in Foul trouble right off the bat in both games.

I don’t need to see Damien Jones ever again. Why is he playing ahead of Smith.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Ayton has been bad it’s he’s been in Foul trouble right off the bat in both games.

I don’t need to see Damien Jones ever again. Why is he playing ahead of Smith.

What drives me crazy is Ayton picks up the cheap fouls like reaching in or out of position fouls. It's not like he is in there giving the hard foul.

So far Damian Jones has been a disappointment, not a lot of difference from Cheick Diallo.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What drives me crazy is Ayton picks up the cheap fouls like reaching in or out of position fouls. It's not like he is in there giving the hard foul.

So far Damian Jones has been a disappointment, not a lot of difference from Cheick Diallo.
I'm not sure how Jones qualifies as a "disappointment." Seems to me he's exactly what we thought he was.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure how Jones qualifies as a "disappointment." Seems to me he's exactly what we thought he was.

I thought he would be a better rim protector and rebounder and certainly an improvement on Diallo. Turns out he isn't an improvement on Tariq Owens, and we would have been better off keeping Motley.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In 22.64 minutes played this season Damian Jones has produced 2 points, 3 rebounds and 1 block.

He may be more productive given time but I'd say his production has been a disappointment thus far.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In 22.64 minutes played this season Damian Jones has produced 2 points, 3 rebounds and 1 block.

He may be more productive given time but I'd say his production has been a disappointment thus far.
Ayton is right there at the bottom

what are his collective stats so far?

Ugh our interior play had been crap so far.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You overrate Jones. Not a surprise, you have a very positive view of end of the bench players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he’s been productive when he’s been on the floor it’s just he’s picked up like 3 fouls after the first quarter of both games. He needs to control that cheap foul BS. This is his third year

Yes. Those early fouls limit Ayton's playing time and how he can play on the court. It's hard to be aggressive when he is burdened with ticky-tacky fouls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard