Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JO deal? Is he getting traded? I'd almost rather see him moved. We'll be fine without him since he's such a negative on offense.
Okogie not developing his shot at all is just a killer this year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Josh Okogie had 7 rebounds / 3 of them offensive rebounds / also had 3 steals

That's 10 Suns possessions secured by JO

Not to mention the defense he was playing - primarily on Bane and even Jackson Jr - without putting them on the line - only 2 fouls in 26 minutes

And I know he didn't score a lot but technically he only missed one shot - and who do we want shooting the ball anyways?

26 minutes suggests Vogel is just fine and dandy with the role JO is playing imo - and that's exactly what he is - a defensive role player - I would say he's like the opposite of Eric Gordon - but they can both drive to the bucket pretty well

My beef is with the passing up on 3s - which isn't even a big deal unless the shot clock is running out or he turns the ball over

JO only had 1 turnover tonight btw

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not to mention the defense he was playing - primarily on Bane and even Jackson Jr - without putting them on the line - only 2 fouls in 26 minutes

And I know he didn't score a lot but technically he only missed one shot - and who do we want shooting the ball anyways?

26 minutes suggests Vogel is just fine and dandy with the role JO is playing imo - and that's exactly what he is - a defensive role player - I would say he's like the opposite of Eric Gordon - but they can both drive to the bucket pretty well

My beef is with the passing up on 3s - which isn't even a big deal unless the shot clock is running out or he turns the ball over

That been working this and last regular season. Teams will just dare him to shoot come the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just going to ignore him missing 5 free throws? He's a non factor on offense and now he can't make FT's, which hurts even more than allowing defenses to play 5 on 4. They can now Hack-Okogie and get the ball back. He needs reined in and locked in the training center with a shooting coach for a month, at minimum.

We all know his defense, no need repeating what he brings on that end. He was servicable last season before the playoffs and has been bad since, with a few spells of "WOW he can make a shot" mixed in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will likely be felt for another piece imo…
Couldn’t agree more. I can totally see us getting another piece in exchange for the multi-waived, player without a position big man, who’s glued to our bench despite the team having bad big men depth.

Teams will be lined up around the block!

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
JO got on Bane's nerve who only came to life in the fourth without JO on him. Besides the 3 ORB and 3 stls, he caused maybe 3 offensive foul calls and had hands in many other gained possessions. Hope Vogel play him more and design some plays to move him away from 3pt line on O.
We are just raw in team play, on both sides. We never seem to know how to get good separation from those hanging on your body defense KD and Book received, our screens are mostly useless. Our passes to the perimeter are often imprecise, such that the player is not comfortable enough to just catch and shoot it. Our PnR defense is also raw and we get punished constantly by open shooters and cutters.
We are relying on KD and Book to create and at times need a second-tier player like Malik Monk, Reggie Jackson in their current form to step up, but lack that and have to resort to Goodwin. Aside from Yuta, all our players have the physical tools to play proper defense. And once we run offense well enough to give our shooters more shooting space, Allen, Gordon, Yuta, Metu, KBD may all come to life nailing open 3s. So, we just need more time to gel.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
10-1 with Book if Book didn’t twist ankle in the one game
I think this is what it all boils down to - surrounding Devin Booker with more than he's ever had before - and we have that as far as talent goes - in spades - but we're still learning to play together like how the Nuggets can

Last edited: