Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 12-22-2023

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. But hey, I can’t help if you misinterpret. The question was not meant to question his fandom, just about spending $1000 on tickets when it doesn’t feel like has a good time.

Says the guy who takes EVERYTHING as a personal attack.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It so doesn’t. That’s weak stuff. Ignore it.

I really hope the board doesn’t devolve back to that incredibly lame place where posters start accusing or implying other fans aren’t good fans/ telling them to love it or leave it. That kind of stuff ran rampant during the dark Sarver years.

Uh, how about a week ago, when you said I was hoping the Suns would suck so that I could gloat? I guess that sort of lame behavior doesn't bother you when you're the one indulging in it?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh, how about a week ago, when you said I was hoping the Suns would suck so that I could gloat? I guess that sort of lame behavior doesn't bother you when you're the one indulging in it?

Or when his brother bashed everyone complaining about the officiating in the Lakers game as being fans with inferiority complexes that don't allow us to watch games objectively.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest question

If you were buying a (very small 125cc street legal neighborhood style) motorcycle would you go Honda or Kawasaki
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't know, but I'm loving them both. Honda makes a great car.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or when his brother bashed everyone complaining about the officiating in the Lakers game as being fans with inferiority complexes that don't allow us to watch games objectively.
I never said anything about inferiority complexes. And I’ll stand by my words that I think it’s lame to blame the refs like they have it in for the suns. It’s a ridiculous notion. You can read the same on every teams game threads. And I think it’s equally lame when those fans do it.

It’s not questioning anyone’s fandom, btw, so it’s weird that you bring it up in this conversation unless you just wanted to start a fight with me. If so, I guess that’s your prerogative.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said anything about inferiority complexes. And I’ll stand by my words that I think it’s lame to blame the refs like they have it in for the suns. It’s a ridiculous notion. You can read the same on every teams game threads. And I think it’s equally lame when those fans do it.

It’s not questioning anyone’s fandom, btw, so it’s weird that you bring it up in this conversation unless you just wanted to start a fight with me. If so, I guess that’s your prerogative.

Really?

You guys have zero ability to watch suns games objectively. There are always bad calls they go both ways. Sometimes they seem heavily lopsided. Tonight didn’t feel that way. But go ahead and wail away. It’s the suns fans inferiority complex at play. We couldn’t overcome the lakers. They’re a bad matchup for us. They have been when Davis and Lebron play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nope. That was lame on my part.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#CoolBros4Eva

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

And I apologize for the offensive phrase.

I still stand by the position that believing the refs have it out for the suns and the suns receive disproportionately poor officiating is just not wanting to place the blame where it’s applicable. And I do think that’s attributable to an inability to be 100% objective about one’s team. Happens with subsets of fans of every team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Last year I could see it to an extant because our guys never got and ones, we were barely getting to the line, etc. This year we are shooting way more free throws. Arguably it's working in our favor in games. We are the fourth most attempts per game behind Sixers, Bucks, and Magic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Last year I could see it to an extant because our guys never got and ones, we were barely getting to the line, etc. This year we are shooting way more free throws. Arguably it's working in our favor in games. We are the fourth most attempts per game behind Sixers, Bucks, and Magic.
It’s all about aggressive play. That and stars. Durant gets calls.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Turn overs and lack of three point attempts and makes has been killing us. Free throws have been keeping us in games. :(

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

And I apologize for the offensive phrase.

I still stand by the position that believing the refs have it out for the suns and the suns receive disproportionately poor officiating is just not wanting to place the blame where it’s applicable. And I do think that’s attributable to an inability to be 100% objective about one’s team. Happens with subsets of fans of every team.

I don’t think anyone said the refs had it out for us but it was that one lakers game which left a lot of us dumbfounded with the refs all night.