Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 12-22-2023

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Porter had Nash playing a style that obvious didn't suit him, while this is the style Durant has always played.

I'm fine with firing Vogel because we don't really have any other options to try and the lack of any apparent system on either end is mystifying, but I don't know how a new coach fixes the many problems with this roster.
Curious, why do you keep spending so much money to go see this team live? I've never seen anyone who goes to games dislike this team more than you do.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious, why do you keep spending so much money to go see this team live? I've never seen anyone who goes to games dislike this team more than you do.

Everybody can pack it up. Turn in your fan cards, apparently once you're unhappy with the direction of the team you can no longer watch it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is lame anti-fan stuff from the days of yesteryear on the board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that owning season tickets disqualified me from objective reasoning.
It so doesn’t. That’s weak stuff. Ignore it.

I really hope the board doesn’t devolve back to that incredibly lame place where posters start accusing or implying other fans aren’t good fans/ telling them to love it or leave it. That kind of stuff ran rampant during the dark Sarver years.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Porter had Nash playing a style that obvious didn't suit him, while this is the style Durant has always played.

I'm fine with firing Vogel because we don't really have any other options to try and the lack of any apparent system on either end is mystifying, but I don't know how a new coach fixes the many problems with this roster.
Simplify?

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
If I’m right, both KD and Beal (and like everyone but book) will be off our salary cap by then, right? If book remains an attractive and effective recruiter (in what should be his prime) we could remain the destination for either disgruntled stars or free agents. So your fear isn’t a given.

Booker is not going to like this plan. Suck for a couple years then start another rebuild.

It's going to be interesting for sure.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker is not going to like this plan. Suck for a couple years then start another rebuild.

Hey, they have the opportunity to win now. If it doesn't get done, I imagine Book would be OK if we get better guys to fill in at that time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are blowing out the Kings tonight in Sacramento.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It isn’t the style Durant has always played. As I’ve stated again and again, the warriors weren’t an iso-heavy team. He purposefully went there because he wanted to play in a movement offense and he excelled.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Draft picks can be used in trade as well.

There were plenty of opportunities for the Suns to improve their team via trade last season and this season. They had all their draft picks prior to the Durant trade and expiring contracts as well. There were plenty of other avenues to improve the team.
Look what the Lakers did last season with some minor tweaks to their roster.

The Suns could have easily improved their team at point guard and FC if they had not chosen to slide all their chips to the center of the table.

Now you are proposing Booker may have wanted out without the Durant trade. This may well prove to be a self-fulfilling prophecy the way the Suns are playing.
Hmm we didn’t have Lebron James and Anthony Davis to just add tweaks to. They had two superstars already b

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh I get it. I don’t like this team right now. And I paid for the league pass and still watch almost every game.sports is weird.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I never said suck for a couple years. You’ve got cap space immediately upon beal and KD’s departure. And you’ve got fitire draft picks you can trade at that juncture. So if the right players are available you can reload immediately. While we likely don’t look like a contender during the final kd/beals time I wouldn’t be surprised to see us make the playoffs each of those years and bow out early.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy how Minnesota has suddenly flipped the switch to being one of the best teams in the league.

And yet some here were calling Minny a total joke who made one of the worst trades of all time who would never make that roster work.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft picks can be used in trade as well.

There were plenty of opportunities for the Suns to improve their team via trade last season and this season. They had all their draft picks prior to the Durant trade and expiring contracts as well. There were plenty of other avenues to improve the team.
Look what the Lakers did last season with some minor tweaks to their roster.

The Suns could have easily improved their team at point guard and FC if they had not chosen to slide all their chips to the center of the table.

Now you are proposing Booker may have wanted out without the Durant trade. This may well prove to be a self-fulfilling prophecy the way the Suns are playing.
Draft picks can be used in a trade but that doesn’t mean the value of those picks will convey enough value. Also, I am not suggesting Booker would have wanted out specifically without a KD trade. I am saying without getting him another major piece and instead relying on a bunch of draft picks to possibly develop? He isn’t going to wait for that to happen. He had a taste of the finals. He is in win now mode not win later mode.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't realize that owning season tickets disqualified me from objective reasoning. My mistake.

Any more non-sequiturs?
I was just curious is all. I know you go to the games a lot but have very little good to say about the team. Must be tough when you think about your bottom line.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It so doesn’t. That’s weak stuff. Ignore it.

I really hope the board doesn’t devolve back to that incredibly lame place where posters start accusing or implying other fans aren’t good fans/ telling them to love it or leave it. That kind of stuff ran rampant during the dark Sarver years.
Dude it was just a question. No malice intended.

Being a ticket holder gives him a unique view of the team most of us don’t have.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It isn’t the style Durant has always played. As I’ve stated again and again, the warriors weren’t an iso-heavy team. He purposefully went there because he wanted to play in a movement offense and he excelled.
That was the local team when I lived in Northern Nevada so I saw ALL their games during that run. Pretty much Klay and Curry were constant motion running off screens, etc. KD was usually standing way out past the three like Eric Gordon. When the opposing team actually prevented Curry and Klay from shooting, with usually less than 5 seconds left they would throw the ball out to KD, and he would bury a three or drive a bit for a pull up 2. He was the ultimate bail out package for their offense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We get to watch the cards lose today and the suns lose tomorrow yay best Christmas ever lol
The Cards finally seem to be on the road to righting themselves via coaching and GM changes.

The Suns, we only wish we had competent coaching and GM moves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. But hey, I can’t help if you misinterpret. The question was not meant to question his fandom, just about spending $1000 on tickets when it doesn’t feel like has a good time.
Literally everyone here sees it the same way, Chap.