Spurs Misplace NBA Championship Banner

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is you arguing with a fellow suns fan by the way.

i got more...

You're pathetic

Way to cherry pick the threads. lol. First off, what makes you think that person is a Suns fan? Maybe it was his long standing in the forums?

Also, check again. Look at all the threads I have posted in. Check the last 30. You will see that about 85% tp 95% probably don't involve the Spurs.

In fact, why your at it, could you recap the last 20 or 30 posts I have made involving trades?

Thanks. :doi:

kwf7211

Reaction score
Steeldog said:
Take responsibility? You mean like Horry? Like Stern? OK. :doi:

Honor the Champs? OK.

Spurs 2007 Champs * <----- There.

Oh you bring excellent basketball takes, and i can definitely tell you've let the whole thing go...

At least you're good with these: :thewave:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh you bring excellent basketball takes, and i can definitely tell you've let the whole thing go...

At least you're good with these: :thewave:

Why because I am responding to you? I am not responding to the Spurs just a trolling fan of the Spurs.

PS. I prefer this one. :fans:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Try and be civil folks.

I stated my reasons for not liking the decision of the suspensions and I'm hoping that the league is willing to look at its numerous faults that it has. However with Stern's latest antics and acting like a pompous ass, I have my doubts that he is the man to bring about those changes.

The Spurs are/were a damn good team and worthy of being called "championship caliber." Would they have beaten the Suns if Amare and Diaw weren't suspended? Its entirely possible but the way the series went down and the league's decision leaves a bitter taste in many people's mouths. Not just on the argument of whether or not the suspensions were fair but how the stupid act of a player and the resulting actions of others robbed the viewing public of a damn good series.

Its hard to ignore when certain rules are given iron clad enforcement while others seem to be meerly suggestions. Thats where the league is having its problems. If you don't want to enforce certain rules get them out of the rulebook. If they don't the conspiracy theories will continue to still exist and the ratings will continue to decline.

Enjoy your title Spurs fans. Just don't call me a whiner because I acknowledge that the league has problems right now.

kwf7211

Reaction score
Why because I am responding to you? I am not responding to the Spurs just a trolling fan of the Spurs.

PS. I prefer this one. :fans:[/quo te]

Of course he's a troll...he opposes your views...and there's no way a suns fan could possibly disagree with you. Your level-headed basketball takes set a precedent in these forums.

trust me, this one fits you a lot better :thewave:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

PS. I prefer this one. :fans:[/quo te]

Of course he's a troll...he opposes your views...and there's no way a suns fan could possibly disagree with you. Your level-headed basketball takes set a precedent in these forums.

trust me, this one fits you a lot better :thewave:

Huh? Again...show me another thread I have called a vet on this board a troll for disagreeing with me?

No?.....thanks for playing here is your prize. :slap:

kwf7211

Reaction score
Try and be civil folks.

I stated my reasons for not liking the decision of the suspensions and I'm hoping that the league is willing to look at its numerous faults that it has. However with Stern's latest antics and acting like a pompous ass, I have my doubts that he is the man to bring about those changes.

The Spurs are/were a damn good team and worthy of being called "championship caliber." Would they have beaten the Suns if Amare and Diaw weren't suspended? Its entirely possible but the way the series went down and the league's decision leaves a bitter taste in many people's mouths. Not just on the argument of whether or not the suspensions were fair but how the stupid act of a player and the resulting actions of others robbed the viewing public of a damn good series.

Its hard to ignore when certain rules are given iron clad enforcement while others seem to be meerly suggestions. Thats where the league is having its problems. If you don't want to enforce certain rules get them out of the rulebook. If they don't the conspiracy theories will continue to still exist and the ratings will continue to decline.

Enjoy your title Spurs fans. Just don't call me a whiner because I acknowledge that the league has problems right now.

I dont disagree with you disliking the rule, i disagree with you saying that the rule was unjustly enforced. He HAD to make the ruling he did, that's business. Your players, not the league are responsible. And after every owner looked at the rule and decided not to change it, i dont know how you could continue to disagree.

kwf7211

Reaction score
Huh? Again...show me another thread I have called a vet on this board a troll for disagreeing with me?

No?.....thanks for playing here is your prize. :slap:

The fact that you told me 15 min ago that you had "let it go" and that it was "over and done with" and then you come with this:

Steeldog said:
Take responsibility? You mean like Horry? Like Stern? OK. :doi:

Honor the Champs? OK.

Spurs 2007 Champs * <----- There.

really helps your argument. and again you resort to smiley faces to get your point across...it's cute, it really is

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I dont disagree with you disliking the rule, i disagree with you saying that the rule was unjustly enforced. He HAD to make the ruling he did, that's business. Your players, not the league are responsible. And after every owner looked at the rule and decided not to change it, i dont know how you could continue to disagree.

Some of it comes with the fact of how vague the rule is. Another part is how both Bowen and Duncan broke a rule about being on the court during play and received ZERO punishment.

I just want things to be done in the interest of fairness. Ignoring certain rules while enforcing others is doing just the opposite.

Be consistent

kwf7211

Reaction score
Some of it comes with the fact of how vague the rule is. Another part is how both Bowen and Duncan broke a rule about being on the court during play and received ZERO punishment.

I just want things to be done in the interest of fairness. Ignoring certain rules while enforcing others is doing just the opposite.

Be consistent

i'm not ignorant, or naive. We both know that there was no altercation when duncan and bowen came on the court. not to mention that they were 3-5 feet from the bench. Amare came about 25 feet from the bench. Come on now...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that you told me 15 min ago that you had "let it go" and that it was "over and done with" and then you come with this:

really helps your argument. and again you resort to smiley faces to get your point across...it's cute, it really is

Hey trollomite. Do you look at the time stamps? I didn't just come at you with that. It was posted long before this "discussion" started.

i'm not ignorant, or naive. We both know that there was no altercation when duncan and bowen came on the court. not to mention that they were 3-5 feet from the bench. Amare came about 25 feet from the bench. Come on now...

Oh boy. First of he didn't have to make that ruling. The reason the wording on vicinity of the bench and altercation were never clearly defined is so Stern had room to make a judgment calls. How he chooses to enforce the rule is entirely different.

Second, if Robert never took the cheap shot, then none of the events that followed ever would have happened. Period. Last but not least there are a ton of owners meeting in the off season and that doesn't mean the rule won't change. It just means they decided not to change it right now.

Even if they wanted to, you still have to get the majority of the owners to agree which is hard to do.

Last edited:

kwf7211

Reaction score
quote=kwf7211;1390417]i'm not ignorant, or naive. We both know that there was no altercation when duncan and bowen came on the court. not to mention that they were 3-5 feet from the bench. Amare came about 25 feet from the bench. Come on now...

"Second, if Robert never took the cheap shot, then none of the events that followed ever would have happened. Period. "

Great take, if bowen wouldnt have played so dirty the suns would have advanced.

If stern would be fair the suns would have advanced.

If Ginobili wouldnt flop the suns would have advanced.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Why does everyone keep thinking I'm talking about the same rule? There are other rules for not being on the court that are punishable (ie 6 men on the court).

However with ample evidence the league chose to ignore Duncan and Bowen's actions that were against the rules. While they have different punishments, all 4 players should have been punished. That kind of inconsistency is what is pissing me off

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Second, if Robert never took the cheap shot, then none of the events that followed ever would have happened. Period. "

Great take, if bowen wouldnt have played so dirty the suns would have advanced.

If stern would be fair the suns would have advanced.

If Ginobili wouldnt flop the suns would have advanced.

What?!?!?!? Who said any of that other stuff? Oh boy. Need I say more?

kwf7211

Reaction score
What?!?!?!? Who said any of that other stuff? Oh boy. Need I say more?

it's the fact that it's the Same old arguments. I'm mocking you.

it's the same old bitching and complaining about things that no one other than the suns are responsible for. if spurs players would have rushed from off the bench they would have been suspended too. You take no responsibility.

kwf7211

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep thinking I'm talking about the same rule? There are other rules for not being on the court that are punishable (ie 6 men on the court).

However with ample evidence the league chose to ignore Duncan and Bowen's actions that were against the rules. While they have different punishments, all 4 players should have been punished. That kind of inconsistency is what is pissing me off

You wanna punish the spurs for having 6 men on the court? The refs didnt see it (One), it's not a rule that you go back and review and suspend people for (two). Are you serious????

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well if your an NBA fan I think we all know that the rules are never applied consistently. They never have been. I would settle for the refs making consistent calls regardless of who it is during the game.

it's the fact that it's the Same old arguments. I'm mocking you.

it's the same old bitching and complaining about things that no one other than the suns are responsible for. if spurs players would have rushed from off the bench they would have been suspended too. You take no responsibility.

Says the Robert Horry loving Spurs fan. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kwf7211

Reaction score
Well if your an NBA fan I think we all know that the rules are never applied consistently. They never have been. I would settle for the refs making consistent calls regardless of who it is during the game.

Ya, if the reffing wasnt so lopsided the suns would have advanced.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You wanna punish the spurs for having 6 men on the court? The refs didnt see it (One), it's not a rule that you go back and review and suspend people for (two). Are you serious????

Where did you hear that they can not review it? As far as I know there are no such limitations for the league.

Also I didn't bring up suspensions, I said no punishment. In the rulebook having 6 men on the court results in a T and Ts result in fines. They received no punishment whatsoever.

Thats the inconsistency that I'm talking about

kwf7211

Reaction score

Says the Robert Horry loving Spurs fan. :rolleyes:

haha i think that Robert Horry is fully responsible for fouling nash and that he should have been suspended. If the spurs would have lost due to his absense it would have been HIS fault.

kwf7211

Reaction score
Where did you hear that they can not review it? As far as I know there are no such limitations for the league.

Also I didn't bring up suspensions, I said no punishment. In the rulebook having 6 men on the court results in a T and Ts result in fines. They received no punishment whatsoever.

You dont review having six men on the court. I'm telling you that right now. You can do all the research you want, but it's not something you do and then come back and punish people for. Youre not asking for consistency, you're asking for special treatment.

You dont review 6 men on the court after a game, anymore than you review if someone traveled during a game and go back and fine them (or punish them.)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't even bother with this guy. His true colors are shining through. You can't win an argument with a troll. All you can do is do what I did and place him on ignore. He is not even worth the bandwidth he is taking up typing his drivel.

PS. I would also like to see this phantom rule that states it can't be reviewed. I guess we are suppose to just "trust" him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard