Hawks @ Suns Thursday game thread 3-21-2024

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love all of the fouling by the Suns defense. It means they're trying. Suns should be fouling on every play and make the refs call it. I swear this was Monty's strategy when he first became coach.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Anyone else remember that interaction between Durant and Eubanks? Not only did Durant throw a hissy fit, he didn't get back on D. Terrible vibes from this group.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Anyone else remember that interaction between Durant and Eubanks? Not only did Durant throw a hissy fit, he didn't get back on D. Terrible vibes from this group.
I understand that Durant is getting older and so his performance is going to decline, but his performance this year has really lowered my previously very high opinion of him. He keeps making the same dumb mistakes and seems too stubborn to make any changes.

Plus stuff like this. He occasionally seems to quit like Kobe Bryant.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I understand that Durant is getting older and so his performance is going to decline, but his performance this year has really lowered my previously very high opinion of him. He keeps making the same dumb mistakes and seems too stubborn to make any changes.

Yeah, his energy/leadership are a joke.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

I was baffled at this too. Should Eubanks have turned earlier to receive the pass? Maybe, but Durant floated that pass either way. He routinely has these interactions too, him and Nurkic occasionally have misplays and Durants always shaking his head after them.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yes. That was a horrible decision on Durant's part and it wasn't even a good pass. Threw it behind him. Eddie Johnson had it right. He shouldn't have thrown it. Eubanks wasn't even looking. That's not his game. That was all on Durant and yet Durant threw a hissy fit.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

His focus level is his biggest flaw. I think some of it is personality and some is the fact he’s a pretty big stoner at this point of his career. No offense @mjb21aztd :)

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure what you guys were expecting from KD? He is not a PG so if/when he brings the ball up he MAY turn it over.
He's not a great passer so if we rely on him to do that he may f up.
He is above almost all of his career stats this year playing w 2 other stars. Who else is doing that?

He has NEVER been the guy you guys want him to be, he's THIS guy, one of the ALL time NBA greats having a respectable year late in his career.
Of all our problems KD is the least to worry about. If he's healthy he's gonna ball.

KD has always been the guy you pass to last and Frank keeps trying to get him involved with running the offence.
Get a REAL PG next year.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure what you guys were expecting from KD? He is not a PG so if/when he brings the ball up he MAY turn it over.
He is above almost all of his career stats this year playing w 2 other stars. Who else is doing that?

He has NEVER been the guy you guys want him to be, he's THIS guy, one of the ALL time NBA greats having a respectable year late in his career.
Of all our problems KD is the least to worry about. If he's healthy he's gonna ball.

KD has always been the guy you pass to last and Frank keeps trying to get him involved with running the offence.
Get a REAL PG next year.
Check out his PER

You must be registered for see images attach

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score

Get a REAL PG next year.
Agree except for the REAL PG part.
Vogel seems unable to coach KD regarding how to make his ISOs more effective, given tougher defense. Many TOs were committed to feed him the ball around 3pt line, particularly with a small tough guy guarding him, particularly in the 4th qrt. We failed to deliver such passes sought by KD several times already in the past few games. That's maybe part of why he's seemed disinterested and frustrated at times, like in this incident with Eubanks who played really well overall, on both sides. KD's D is often just going through motions, so that many hit their 3pt shots many times when facing KD's defense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Get a REAL PG next year.

I expect him not to make lazy passes. Not passes that may result in an assist, basic passes from one wing to another when they're maybe 8 feet apart. He'll needlessly bounce passes when there isn't room for a bounce or he'll heave it when it should have been a bounce pass or thrown to someone else to make a connecting pass. Rather than accepting it's his fault for being lazy or careless though he'll yell at his teammates as if it's their fault. Take some ownership of your own mistakes. I'd live with that if he got on his teammates cases when they are dogging it but he doesn't do anything then. It's only when it reflects badly on him, as in adds a turnover to his total, that he shows he cares.