Hawks @ Suns Thursday game thread 3-21-2024

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Hawks are better without Trae Young. DeJounte is a much better PG.

This was a good win for the Suns. They did get sloppy in the 4th but the bench in the 3rd was great.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm so grateful the Lakers werent gifted DJM like was rumored for a month heading into the deadline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that looked so much better is the movement of the ball. So much less iso ball tonight. I wonder if that was an emphasis in practice because that is one of the best games I have seen in a long time in terms of everyone getting a touch before a shot.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nicee w good 2 gm w streak lets get out of 8 seed suns

Great gms book gordon kd

Bong rip chem dawg kush

Have a gn suns fans :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually think the suns are getting worse not better.
This was my thought. At times they’re like a caricature of their poor foibles. I swear you could put portions of their game set to carnival music and people would think they’re clowns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Another thing. Is it me or did that extended rest seem to do wonders for Book tonight? He had spring in his step for the final run.
Agreed. But like Eddie said. I wish he would keep his dribble a little longer when doubled. He picks up the ball too quickly and (still) without recognizing where the double is coming from so as to pass the ball to open player. We still don’t “beat” the double, so it’s going to keep happening.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Way too many careless TOs. We couldn't defend the 3pt shots in the 1st qrt, they cooled off after that, our D improved over the game. Well, refs were trying hard to bail them out with consecutive non-sense calls on their 3pt attempts with a flagrant-1 on KD. Beal's defense on Murray was crucial late in the 4th, who flagrant-1 fouled Beal with hit to head. We need Gordon in this form, even though the Hawks are a weak team. KD has been passive for a while now but our chance going forward is based on most of our big-3 plus GA and EG to shoot the 3pt well, with RO getting his streak from time to time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I started watching when it was 25-11. Slowly crept back. Book was an idiot with fouling just before the half and just at the start of the third. That 4th foul was bogus though.
Good ball movement though, might be the best I’ve seen it move all season. KD telegraphed a few.
Couple of dirty plays by #25 I forget his name but the refs let ‘em play except for the dump three point fouls.
Glad to see Beal recover after getting rocked and glad it wasn’t another broken nose. Still in the 7th spot. Kings dropped big.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I started watching when it was 25-11. Slowly crept back. Book was an idiot with fouling just before the half and just at the start of the third. That 4th foul was bogus though.
Good ball movement though, might be the best I’ve seen it move all season. KD telegraphed a few.
Couple of dirty plays by #25 I forget his name but the refs let ‘em play except for the dump three point fouls.
Glad to see Beal recover after getting rocked and glad it wasn’t another broken nose. Still in the 7th spot. Kings dropped big.

Booker plays best when he was used as he was tonight. I know his time was limited due to fouls but I hope Vogel took notice, although I'm sure he didn't. Booker is guilty of trying to do too much on his own but since he was hindered by foul trouble the second half his playing time was spotty so the team had to find rhythm without him and when he came he just went right into the groove rather than trying to take over. He's better when he's less assertive and complimentary. CP3 was good at making him complimentary. Maybe Beal can learn to do something similar because KD isn't enough of a playmaker to do it.