Spurs @ Suns Tuesday game thread, 10-31-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the second game of their three game home stand when the Spurs visit on Tuesday.

Also, they play again on Thursday at the Footprint Center.

Phoenix is now 2-1 after beating the Jazz in their home opener. San Antonio is 1-1 heading into a game at the Clippers on Sunday.

When: Tuesday, 10-31-2023

Television: TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 PM Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goooo suns same on hope book beal both play will be fun as heck when it happens :) shazamin the net like crazy lol

Lookin for to seeing spurs promisin rookie vic also

Plus always nice to beatdown the spurs duncan yrs cough cough... :(

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think this will be a lot tougher game than the one vs Utah, mostly because of Wemby. They're playing him at the 4 and he will be one of the few people defending KD who have the length and athleticism to bother his jumpshots. I'd guess SA will try to play them straight up and not send multiple defenders at him, which will make offense harder to come by for the rest of the team.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
Fan 69 said I'd guess SA will try to play them straight up and not send multiple defenders at him, which will make offense harder to come by for the rest of the team.

Wemby is slow as hell

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's pretty ironic that the oldest, by a wide margin, of our Big <= 3 is the one that's been able to play every game.

The Spurs are not a pushover by any means, but the thought occurred to me the Suns might decide to rest Booker and Beal the next two home games against San Antonio before they head back on the road. It might be the most opportune time to rest them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker getting up shots with the dribble.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My first game of the year. Depending on how the Dbacks game is going, I may not pay much attention... the current plan is to get downtown as early as possible and basically hang out at one of the restaurant/bars near the stadium until the baseball game seems decided, then meander into the arena.

Cool customer service note: the Suns texted me earlier tonight, advising me how crazy downtown will be tomorrow and letting me know that parking will probably be impossible and many streets will be closed.

Thank goodness I take the train to the arena. That goes for any game... if any of ya'll have tickets, park somewhere along the train route and take the light rail to the arena, downtown is always a disaster and parking anywhere near the arena is stupid expensive. I bet tomorrow it is like 40 bucks to park within a mile or 2 of Chase Field. Meanwhile, train tickets are free if you are attending an event.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Spurs are not a pushover by any means, but the thought occurred to me the Suns might decide to rest Booker and Beal the next two home games against San Antonio before they head back on the road. It might be the most opportune time to rest them.
The clippers just spanked them by 40 burger tonight? They can’t be very good lol…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The clippers just spanked them by 40 burger tonight? They can’t be very good lol…

The Spurs are not a deep team overall, but they do have some nice talent. What's the saying? On any given night.

Besides, the Clippers were loaded even before the trade for Harden.