Preseason: Suns @ Pistons Sunday game thread, 10-8-2023

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monte playing for the win lol playing guys lots of minutes against our bench

He hasn't overplayed anyone but Ausur Thompson, who is a rookie. No one other than Ausur has seen more than 25 minutes though. Not sure what you're seeing but he's playing his bench too.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to see Monte still stupid and running guy too many minutes even in a worthless preseason game! Probably got in his feelings when they were getting smoked all game till the end.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He hasn't overplayed anyone but Ausur Thompson, who is a rookie. No one other than Ausur has seen more than 25 minutes though. Not sure what you're seeing but he's playing his bench too.
3 starters over 24 minutes and still going and the one PF 40 minutes I don’t care if he’s a rook he’s a starter against our scrubs… lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 starters over 24 minutes and still going and the one PF 40 minutes I don’t care if he’s a rook he’s a starter against our scrubs… lol

Where are you getting these numbers? He's played 1 starter, a rookie, a lot. The rest has been pretty normal. You don't need to like Monty but youre creating a false narrative to bash him. When the Suns were a lottery team, our young guys played 20-30 minutes in preseason. They need the reps. We're in overtime now and no one has played half the game for Detroit except Ausur.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Metu is a good guy to have as a big out on the floor since he hits his FTs.

Metu looked much better than I anticipated. I thought he might be a roster casualty but he had more range and better shot than I anticipated. I'd like to see him in the second unit some.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media