Spurs Misplace NBA Championship Banner

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by Sports 620 KTAR

Sports 620 KTAR has confirmed that the 2007 San Antonio Spurs Championship Banner, which was initially misplaced, has reportedly been located in Phoenix.

Through our contacts, KTAR acquired the banner and unveiled it to the public Friday afternoon at Upper Deck Sports Grill, located at 4224 N. Craftsman Court in Old Town Scottsdale. Click here to listen to Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash for more details.

The Spurs captured a controversial title, their fourth championship since 1999 and third in five years, less than two months after NBA Commissioner David Stern issued a one-game suspension to two Phoenix Suns players.

The suspension was issued during the second round of the playoffs after All-Star center Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw walked away from the bench following Robert Horry's flagrant foul on Steve Nash in the final minute of the Suns' Game 4 victory.

You must be registered for see images

Editor's Note:

This banner is a public representation of the opinion of a majority of NBA fans in Phoenix and listeners of Sports 620 KTAR based on thousands of phone calls and e-mails about the injustice of the NBA playoffs.

This is not about the Phoenix Suns. It is much bigger than one franchise. It's about a tainted NBA World Championship and a general dissatisfaction among basketball fans.

This prevailing theme has been confirmed with embarrassing low television ratings. Although it won't show in the official record book, I think it's important to remind the NBA that there is, and will forever be, a perceived asterisk next to this NBA championship.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs basketball team on winning another NBA title. It's just unfortunate that NBA fans will never know if the best team actually won.

http://sports.ktar.com/?nid=145&sid=514774

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm iffy on this whole subject. I think in the end, Phoenix fans come away sounding like whiney *******

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I'm iffy on this whole subject. I think in the end, Phoenix fans come away sounding like whiney *******

Agreed. No wonder we get trolls here.

Phoenix fans: GET OVER IT. Yeah, I agree we got screwed. But you know what? The Suns completely blew that game. Up by 10 in the 4th only to run out of gas and choke it away like always. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that the Suns had the game and let it slip.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are taking this way to serious. It's just poking fun at them and having a good time with it. The same people saying stop whining need to get off their high horses and see it's all in fun. There is a huge difference between threads like this and someone doing a full page "AD" about how the team got screwed. Relax people.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phoenix fans: GET OVER IT. Yeah, I agree we got screwed. But you know what? The Suns completely blew that game. Up by 10 in the 4th only to run out of gas and choke it away like always. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that the Suns had the game and let it slip.

Whats the difference in Suns fans whining over it or you two and that pokerface dude whining that Suns fans are whining?

:D

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I think people are taking this way to serious. It's just poking fun at them and having a good time with it. The same people saying stop whining need to get off their high horses and see it's all in fun. There is a huge difference between threads like this and someone doing a full page "AD" about how the team got screwed. Relax people.

It is kinda fun(ny) but it is really played out and we do come off as whiny *******. I wish everyone would just ignore all this as they did the 2007 Finals and move on.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

The main reason they ran out of gas was that the league took out 2 out of our key players when only running an 8 man rotation. There is a direct relationship between the two events.

I agree that some of this has gone too far but I'm still to the point where if the league wants to promote boring basketball, I won't be watching anymore. If the league wants to continue to avoid fixing their problems and in turn losing the casual fan base and going into obscurity, its no big loss for me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is kinda fun(ny) but it is really played out and we do come off as whiny *******. I wish everyone would just ignore all this as they did the 2007 Finals and move on.

Blah. If having some fun at the expense of Spurs fans gives some a chuckle (in which was a miserable ending to a great Suns season) and that makes us whiny *******. Then so be it. I am a whiny bitch and proud of it.

Sheesh. It's not like everybody is sulking about the Spurs. You can have fun and still not be down and out about the Spurs and getting screwed. That's all I am saying.

kps0001

Reaction score
Blah. If having some fun at the expense of Spurs fans gives some a chuckle (in which was a miserable ending to a great Suns season) and that makes us whiny *******. Then so be it. I am a whiny bitch and proud of it.

Sheesh. It's not like everybody is sulking about the Spurs. You can have fun and still not be down and out about the Spurs and getting screwed. That's all I am saying.

Whatever floats your boat. I just think silence and ignoring it is a better way to show my dissatisfaction, rather than coming off like a whiny bitch. I do have some pride even if it is just a message board.

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I think you can find these at the local market.

STOP THE INSANITY!

Seriously. I think Phoenix is at risk to draw attention to itself as a city of whiners. This is not a good rep to have. It does the Suns org. no good, and delegitimizes their rep as team. It's one thing to have fans complaining, it's another to have businesses, local media, and players doing it a couple of months after the fact. Am I the only one who worries about this? Maybe. I'm still more pissed at Amare and Diaw than at Stern, and I know I'm in the minority there. Trust me, I don't like Stern one bit. Still, unless the guy is a pre-cog ala Minority Report, he could not have known that those two would break the rules and be suspended. All he did was enforce a really old rule. A rule, that the owners decided not to change, by the way. Duncan and Bowen didn't go onto the court nearly as far, and there was no altercation, that's a dead argument. Bowen gets away with hacking people all season and post-season long. He got no "special" treatment in the series, it's what always happens and the Suns, just like every other team in the league, have to learn to adapt to it. That's a dead argument. So what is left? Nothing, if your using your basketball brain, and not your homer "Crap, I really thought this was our year" brain. Yeah, I thought we had a shot this year. We didn't pull it out, so how is that anyone's fault but our own? If Stern is a charleton now because those two were suspended, why wasn't he a charleton back when the rule was invented? And if you say "He was one", then why was no one talking about it before this series? Amare and Diaw made a mistake. D'Antoni made mistakes. The Spurs beat the Suns. The season is over. And those whose favorite team didn't win will have to wait and hope for next year. It's no different than any other year. We really need to drop this. I don't want to be a tainted fan, and that's what we will all quickly become if we don't move on. Just my opinion. Let the ripping begin.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you guys really don't want to get a Suckramento-type reputation. Seriously.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat. I just think silence and ignoring it is a better way to show my dissatisfaction, rather than coming off like a whiny bitch. I do have some pride even if it is just a message board.

I guess your definition of whining is different then mine. It's cool though. To each his own. I guess that's why we all have a choice which threads we choose to participate in.

Quick...someone start singing [SIZE=-1]Kumbaya.:band:[/SIZE]

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you can find these at the local market.

STOP THE INSANITY!

Seriously. I think Phoenix is at risk to draw attention to itself as a city of whiners. This is not a good rep to have. It does the Suns org. no good, and delegitimizes their rep as team. It's one thing to have fans complaining, it's another to have businesses, local media, and players doing it a couple of months after the fact. Am I the only one who worries about this? Maybe. I'm still more pissed at Amare and Diaw than at Stern, and I know I'm in the minority there. Trust me, I don't like Stern one bit. Still, unless the guy is a pre-cog ala Minority Report, he could not have known that those two would break the rules and be suspended. All he did was enforce a really old rule. A rule, that the owners decided not to change, by the way. Duncan and Bowen didn't go onto the court nearly as far, and there was no altercation, that's a dead argument. Bowen gets away with hacking people all season and post-season long. He got no "special" treatment in the series, it's what always happens and the Suns, just like every other team in the league, have to learn to adapt to it. That's a dead argument. So what is left? Nothing, if your using your basketball brain, and not your homer "Crap, I really thought this was our year" brain. Yeah, I thought we had a shot this year. We didn't pull it out, so how is that anyone's fault but our own? If Stern is a charleton now because those two were suspended, why wasn't he a charleton back when the rule was invented? And if you say "He was one", then why was no one talking about it before this series? Amare and Diaw made a mistake. D'Antoni made mistakes. The Spurs beat the Suns. The season is over. And those whose favorite team didn't win will have to wait and hope for next year. It's no different than any other year. We really need to drop this. I don't want to be a tainted fan, and that's what we will all quickly become if we don't move on. Just my opinion. Let the ripping begin.

I have absolutly no idea what this post is suppose to be about.. It goes every direction all at once..

:doi:

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys really don't want to get a Suckramento-type reputation. Seriously.

Oh this is only gonna get worse it seems.. Sure at first I gave my dissatisfaction with what happened, but havent really said anything about it since.. And this thread isnt complaining about it anymore.. Its pointing out how a sports radio show has a banner up.. But now we have people complaining that people are complaining and whining that people are whining.. So in essence we have people doing the exact same thing they are telling other people not to do just for different reasons..

:slap:

kps0001

Reaction score
Oh So in essence we have people doing the exact same thing they are telling other people not to do just for different reasons..

Not really. How can you equate people still going on about the "inconceivable act" that Stern played out to fans telling others to shut up and move on?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The problem is that the message gets lost in all the accusations of being whiners. Sure, some people have complained a little much (I choose to not complain and to just put my own mini-boycott on the league and hold out hope they will get their act together). However, regardless of the "whining", there is a legitimate issue here that, regardless of the teams involved, needs to be addressed.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh this is only gonna get worse it seems.. Sure at first I gave my dissatisfaction with what happened, but havent really said anything about it since.. And this thread isnt complaining about it anymore.. Its pointing out how a sports radio show has a banner up.. But now we have people complaining that people are complaining and whining that people are whining.. So in essence we have people doing the exact same thing they are telling other people not to do just for different reasons..

:slap:

LOL...and I followed all of that.

Toothbrush

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not whining. It's just getting old.

It sucks when on other message boards I see people talking about suns fans being complainers, and then I see something like this. It's almost like I really can't say anything to argue with them because it's kind of true.

I dunno. Whatever.

Can't wait till next season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
by Sports 620 KTAR

Sports 620 KTAR has confirmed that the 2007 San Antonio Spurs Championship Banner, which was initially misplaced, has reportedly been located in Phoenix.

Through our contacts, KTAR acquired the banner and unveiled it to the public Friday afternoon at Upper Deck Sports Grill, located at 4224 N. Craftsman Court in Old Town Scottsdale. Click here to listen to Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash for more details.

The Spurs captured a controversial title, their fourth championship since 1999 and third in five years, less than two months after NBA Commissioner David Stern issued a one-game suspension to two Phoenix Suns players.

The suspension was issued during the second round of the playoffs after All-Star center Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw walked away from the bench following Robert Horry's flagrant foul on Steve Nash in the final minute of the Suns' Game 4 victory.

You must be registered for see images

Editor's Note:

This banner is a public representation of the opinion of a majority of NBA fans in Phoenix and listeners of Sports 620 KTAR based on thousands of phone calls and e-mails about the injustice of the NBA playoffs.

This is not about the Phoenix Suns. It is much bigger than one franchise. It's about a tainted NBA World Championship and a general dissatisfaction among basketball fans.

This prevailing theme has been confirmed with embarrassing low television ratings. Although it won't show in the official record book, I think it's important to remind the NBA that there is, and will forever be, a perceived asterisk next to this NBA championship.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs basketball team on winning another NBA title. It's just unfortunate that NBA fans will never know if the best team actually won.

http://sports.ktar.com/?nid=145&sid=514774

LMAO. I just found out tonight at dinner that it was my father in laws company (Graphics Exposures) who designed the logo and all the print and marketing material for KTAR.

I had no idea at the time it was posted here.

kwf7211

Reaction score
Not really. How can you equate people still going on about the "inconceivable act" that Stern played out to fans telling others to shut up and move on?

He can't equate the two, but Gee is the 30 year old "who can't let go". He's the guy who's still starting "Spurs are dirty" threads a month after the spurs last game against the suns, and he same guy who will be starting "stern conspired against the suns" threads in November.

You guys have a good team, losses happen and everyone always has an excuse...but they get old.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can't equate the two, but Gee is the 30 year old "who can't let go". He's the guy who's still starting "Spurs are dirty" threads a month after the spurs last game against the suns, and he same guy who will be starting "stern conspired against the suns" threads in November.

You guys have a good team, losses happen and everyone always has an excuse...but they get old.

Especially to Spurs trolls.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
These are the kind of things that make us sound whiney. I don't really care for this to still be a "joke" or whatever. Call it a joke if you want, but there is still bitterness that some fans just can't let go, and it makes it worse that they are still bringing it up weeks later.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson