Prediction: Bridgewater will be a franchise QB

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I wasn't big on Teddy thought out the season and even right after the bowl game but what has happened to his draft stock is laughable.

First off name me one player who had bad tape/results then killed his Pro Day and became a star in NFL. Unless I am missing something that's never happened. Conversely there are tons of Jamarcus Russell types who do the opposite. The "Pro Day" for a QB is the biggest joke in serious evaluation. How 4 years of starting and week in and week out delivering is undone by a bad scripted session is ridiculous. And I've watched some tape since season ended and its sensational. Other guys with ok to bad pro days? Peyton Manning, Nick Foles, and IIRC Russell Wilson.

2nd Teddy is amazingly accurate (my #1 indicator of Potential NFL success) started as a freshman after being a 5 star recruit and from all accounts is great leader and processor of information. His size isn't great but an NFL strength coach won't put 15lbs of muscle on him?

The more I think about it the more I want AZ to draft him at 20 if he is there. I don't think they will as he doesn't have BA prototypical height and stature but we should.

I'll tell you exactly who I think of when I see him and what's happening to his draft stock. Will take those who can compare players who aren't the same skin color to see it tho: Aaron Rodgers.

Similar size, arm strength, mobility, accuracy, head, and game to ARodg IMO.

Well see if he develops the same chip on his shoulder and becomes that great.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i hope ,so they stop to give too much importance to pro day, interviews and other silly things.
bridgewater showed on the field he deserve to be a top pick.
and now they create the savage s story
a guy that in 4 months without playing from being a 7th rounder is now project 2nd or 3th rounder

Last edited:

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
If bortles or bridgewater is there at 20, as much as I'd like to add a starter like Shazier to the D, I'd have to pull the trigger on the QB

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't big on Teddy thought out the season and even right after the bowl game but what has happened to his draft stock is laughable.

Is his stock falling? Or are the experts figuring out where teams had him on their board all along and now placing him accordingly?

Don't get me wrong, I like Teddy.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Carr from Fresno State is going to be a very good NFL qb.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

First off name me one player who had bad tape/results then killed his Pro Day and became a star in NFL. Unless I am missing something that's never happened. Conversely there are tons of Jamarcus Russell types who do the opposite. The "Pro Day" for a QB is the biggest joke in serious evaluation. How 4 years of starting and week in and week out delivering is undone by a bad scripted session is ridiculous. And I've watched some tape since season ended and its sensational. Other guys with ok to bad pro days? Peyton Manning, Nick Foles, and IIRC Russell Wilson.

2nd Teddy is amazingly accurate (my #1 indicator of Potential NFL success) started as a freshman after being a 5 star recruit and from all accounts is great leader and processor of information. His size isn't great but an NFL strength coach won't put 15lbs of muscle on him?

The more I think about it the more I want AZ to draft him at 20 if he is there. I don't think they will as he doesn't have BA prototypical height and stature but we should.

I'll tell you exactly who I think of when I see him and what's happening to his draft stock. Will take those who can compare players who aren't the same skin color to see it tho: Aaron Rodgers.

Similar size, arm strength, mobility, accuracy, head, and game to ARodg IMO.

Well see if he develops the same chip on his shoulder and becomes that great.

A lot of pundits are coming out and saying Bridewater fits best in a west coast scheme type of offense.

While Rogers runs this type of offense under McCarthy he also has the arm to stretch the field vertically. That's the big issue with Bridgewater and why he's slipping some. He's kind of identical to the type of prospect Geno Smith was last year. While he had success, the Jets still wanted and felt they needed to upgrade there.

Maybe Bridgewater turns out much better than Smith or maybe Smith even advances his game more than thought. But at this point to me they seem about equals coming out.

Arians wants more of a big arm tall QB. They could pull off a trade for one or get McCarron or Mettenberger to groom for the future. Which could be next season if the Cards don't keep pace in the division for one reason or another.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree

In fact, Ive been thinking about this alot lately, im worried we might be headed towards Adrian Peterson/Levi Brown 2.0

If we pass on Teddy Bridgewater, we might have done the 2nd stupidest thing in franchise history

TBH, I hope he gets picked before us so we dont even have to face that scenario

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
A lot of pundits are coming out and saying Bridewater fits best in a west coast scheme type of offense.

While Rogers runs this type of offense under McCarthy he also has the arm to stretch the field vertically. That's the big issue with Bridgewater and why he's slipping some. He's kind of identical to the type of prospect Geno Smith was last year. While he had success, the Jets still wanted and felt they needed to upgrade there.

Maybe Bridgewater turns out much better than Smith or maybe Smith even advances his game more than thought. But at this point to me they seem about equals coming out.

Arians wants more of a big arm tall QB. They could pull off a trade for one or get McCarron or Mettenberger to groom for the future. Which could be next season if the Cards don't keep pace in the division for one reason or another.

A little revisionist history here. Before the draft Aaron Rodgers was considered not have a strong enough arm and a Jeff Tedford product. Now it's easy to say Rodgers can drive ball down field unlike Bridgewater when IMO in 5 years you'll be saying "Prospect A" can't drive the ball down field like Teddy. He is no Cutler but Teddy's arm is plenty strong just like Brady's was, Russell Wilson's was. He has as strong an arm as Manziel. And most importantly when you don't have a cannon arm his timing, pace, and release are elite.

And I don't get the Geno Smith reference at all. Other then being black there is not much similar. Smith played in a MUCH different offense with MUCH better weapons had some absolutely terrible games his senior year (the tape is no where near the same) and - how do I put this - Geno isn't as articulate or just plain smart as Teddy.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Carr from Fresno State is going to be a very good NFL qb.
I totally agree with you,I have no idea why this guy is so underrated. Is it because of his brother? IMO I think he is going to be the best out the group.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Teddy is probably the safest QB pick of the draft. I don't see any significant weaknesses and see a ton of upside. Whether he's the best of the notable guys is beyond me.

Very strange QB draft. There could be as many as four franchise QBs, or could be a ton of busts.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He will be drafted to be a franchise QB, but I don't think he will be :p

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think McCarron could be a average QB.I wonder how he will do when he doesn`t have All-star talent surrounding him.Its easy to look good when you don`t have carry the team.

Or maybe he was part of that talent. ;)

He's easily the best Bama QB prospect since the days of Namath. 4 or 5 games the last couple of years, the Tide were in those games because McCarron carried them with his passing skills & wouldn't have pulled out a few in the last few minutes if he wasn't on that team...A&M, LSU & OU come to mind.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A little revisionist history here. Before the draft Aaron Rodgers was considered not have a strong enough arm and a Jeff Tedford product. Now it's easy to say Rodgers can drive ball down field unlike Bridgewater when IMO in 5 years you'll be saying "Prospect A" can't drive the ball down field like Teddy. He is no Cutler but Teddy's arm is plenty strong just like Brady's was, Russell Wilson's was. He has as strong an arm as Manziel. And most importantly when you don't have a cannon arm his timing, pace, and release are elite.

And I don't get the Geno Smith reference at all. Other then being black there is not much similar. Smith played in a MUCH different offense with MUCH better weapons had some absolutely terrible games his senior year (the tape is no where near the same) and - how do I put this - Geno isn't as articulate or just plain smart as Teddy.

Now this is more revisionist history if I recall correctly. Wasn't Aaron the one that showed off his canon with tossing ball 50 yards from his knees on his pro day?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe he was part of that talent. ;)

He's easily the best Bama QB prospect since the days of Namath. 4 or 5 games the last couple of years, the Tide were in those games because McCarron carried them with his passing skills & wouldn't have pulled out a few in the last few minutes if he wasn't on that team...A&M, LSU & OU come to mind.

Alabama had a bunch of NFL talent surrounding McCarron.Having a NFL ready OLine and throwing to NFL ready WRs sure doesn`t hurt .

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Now this is more revisionist history if I recall correctly. Wasn't Aaron the one that showed off his canon with tossing ball 50 yards from his knees on his pro day?

Not sure ARodg did that, but a guy I used to know who was a starting offensive lineman for Cal, said that Kyle Boller used to do a lot of throwing from his knees to show off.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was 100% Kyle Boller

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I totally agree with you,I have no idea why this guy is so underrated. Is it because of his brother? IMO I think he is going to be the best out the group.

Maybe because 80% of Carr's throws were for less than 10 yards. :shrug:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe because 80% of Carr's throws were for less than 10 yards. :shrug:

I exaggerated.....

Screens: 33%
1-5 yards: 27%
6-10 yards: 11%

So that's 71%. A full 10 points higher than any of TB, JM, or BB.

Other fun stats about how stupid we would be to draft Carr:

75% comp percentage on 1-5 yard throws. Only QB below 80%. And he had the highest amount of throws in that area.

Lowest comp percentage on throws between 11 & 20 yards and 20+ yards. Only QB below 50% on throws over 20 yards. And he is at 44%!!!!!

Here is the (very eye opening) article where I got all of this info: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/out-of-the-box

One fun paragraph:

- Having a big arm is a trait that every scout desires, but that doesn’t matter if it’s not particularly effective. Derek Carr’s accuracy on 20+ yard throws is poor, coming in nearly 7% below-average. In addition, his accuracy on NFL type throws (11-20 yards) is just about as expected at 64%. His only redeeming category is in the 6-10 yard range where he is slightly above average.

Back to the original point of this thread........ Bridgewater is head and shoulders above the rest of this QB class.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard