No Need to Draft a QB?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Wilson clearly looks the part of solid, contributing top 4 WR in the NFL on a playoff caliber roster. Another comp: Gabe Davis of the Bills. For a third round pick -- that would be good.

I think he has been negatively impacted by the run first offense under Dobbs and the "no offense" under Tune --

I think as the Cardinals throw more with Kyler, his production should pick up.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was making the most of the targets he got. If he can't run vertical routes Kyler is going to have a hard time finding him on the outside, unfortunately.
Im curious if Wilson is really a slot WR but cant play there full time because of Moore.

He seems crafty enough.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Im curious if Wilson is really a slot WR but cant play there full time because of Moore.

He seems crafty enough.
I don't see slot at all...he's not fast or shifty. He's a classic outside receiver who hasn't shaken off his "oft injured" label.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He seems crafty enough.

He played a lot of slot at Stanford (when he played), but that's a thing in college where you're trying to get your best players the ball as quickly and in as much space as possible. I'm sure he can play any of the WR positions as needed.

I don't see slot at all...he's not fast or shifty. He's a classic outside receiver who hasn't shaken off his "oft injured" label.

Maybe. You'd like it if he could do more on the outside and be a TJ Houshmandzadeh-type.

There is also a kind of angular, crafty (to use Sooner's term) slot WR that can do damage in the NFL. Cooper Kupp is 6'2" and is a gym rat, coaches kid, lunchpail guy, quicker than fast, plays more with his mind, eats film, etc., etc.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
There is also a kind of angular, crafty (to use Sooner's term) slot WR that can do damage in the NFL. Cooper Kupp is 6'2" and is a gym rat, coaches kid, lunchpail guy, quicker than fast, plays more with his mind, eats film, etc., etc.
For sure - Thomas seems neither unusually quick or shifty, which makes him seem less of a fit inside.