OT: Redskins working out JaMarcus Russel

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think they are looking at him to replace mcNabb or Haynesworth? He has gotta be 350 pounds right now.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Do you think they are looking at him to replace mcNabb or Haynesworth? He has gotta be 350 pounds right now.

If Russell could park his ego for 20 minutes, I bet he'd workout quite well as a tight end, or perhaps at defensive end.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Do you guys think we would pay his required salary? I do not. Would he even clear waivers as there are teams like the boys who need a QB and have a worse record than us. If we really want him then Graves should be on the phone now talking trade as he will never make it to us through waivers It sure looks like the place for him is with Jerry Jones and I bet Jerry has been on the phone already offering up a draft slot(s).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bad is McNabb if they are looking at Russel! Russel makes Max Hall look like a Probowler.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
So Shanahan is concerned about McNabb's "practice pace", and they are bringing in the loaf that is JaMarcus Russell? Somebody help me with one of those eye-rolling smileys.

chickenhead

Reaction score
So McNabb is pulled because he is ostensibly not in good enough shape for the hurry-up offense, and now they are working out JaMarcus Russell?

This is totally weird, because it's not like Shanahan inherited McNabb and wants his own guy. He'd been with Redskins for four months when they traded for Donovan.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
If McNabb is waived I don't see him getting by San Francisco on the waiver wire. If I understand it correctly the team that gets him would only be responsible for the remaining portion of his contract which amounts to about a half season. IIRC he only signed for one year with the 'skins. If he is a shell of his former self he would still be an upgrade for us. I think it would be a huge acquisition for us with what we have seen at OB this season.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I really don't think they'd cut him at this point. they still have their season going well. Worst scenario he'll remain 2nd or 3rd stringer there till end of season.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't think they'd cut him at this point. they still have their season going well. Worst scenario he'll remain 2nd or 3rd stringer there till end of season.

He won't get cut. However, he won't be signing a new contract with the Skins, no way. He will be 34 years at the end of November. Could easily play for 3 more years. If the Cards sign him, I see Fitz staying.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Newsflash: Rod Graves and Ken Whisenhunt do not think Donovan McNabb is any good. That's the reality. He ain't coming here.

Matt Leinart? Everyone in the NFL thinks he sucks and almost every player on the roster and the coaching staff hates him as a person. He ain't happening either.

I guess you could hold out for Culpepper or Garcia or some other UFL guy but barring an injury it's not going to happen. For better or worse we're stuck with these cast of characters.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
With the QB draft class this year I wouldn't mind drafting a guy in the first round, signing McNabb for a couple years, and then watch the competion between Skelton and Draft Pick. Hall and Anderson both gone.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the QB draft class this year I wouldn't mind drafting a guy in the first round, signing McNabb for a couple years, and then watch the competion between Skelton and Draft Pick. Hall and Anderson both gone.

Makes good sense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We're not signing McNabb, now or ever.

Obviously not now, but who's to say we don't next season? Your assertion that the FO is not interested is pure speculation. McNabb would make this team relevant next season if we dont get a quality QB in the first round. The reason we didn't make a bigger look at trading for him was a) the FO believed matty was the guy b) didn't want to pay him big $ and c) didn't want to give up a first day pick.

This abomination we call our QB situation needs help and I believe no stone will be left unturned next offseason (whenever that may be)

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm sure Jamarcus Russell's cardio-vascular endurance is at it's highest right about now.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Obviously not now, but who's to say we don't next season? Your assertion that the FO is not interested is pure speculation.
No, it's not. Urban (Cardinals employee) and Somers (Cards beat writer for a decade +) have been saying for months that the Cardinals personnel people do not like McNabb. Whether it's his talent or a bad fit whatever but he ain't coming here.

McNabb would make this team relevant next season if we dont get a quality QB in the first round. The reason we didn't make a bigger look at trading for him was a) the FO believed matty was the guy b) didn't want to pay him big $ and c) didn't want to give up a first day pick.
B and C I'm guessing are true, A should be amended to the FO didn't think McNabb was the guy.

This abomination we call our QB situation needs help and I believe no stone will be left unturned next offseason (whenever that may be)
Probably but McNabb won't be that guy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No, it's not. Urban (Cardinals employee) and Somers (Cards beat writer for a decade +) have been saying for months that the Cardinals personnel people do not like McNabb. Whether it's his talent or a bad fit whatever but he ain't coming here.

Not from what I heard. Urban stated that the FO didnt want to "trade picks for an older QB;" however, he would become more attractive when/if he hits free agency. I dont think it was an indictment on his talent or fit in the system. Whatever the case may be, I feel the team will take a harder look at the QB position since it is almost certain the OBoF (or even for next season) is not on the roster at this moment.

I think him and Bulger might be fielding calls from Graves next offseason. JMHO

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...b_they_arent_going_to_give_up_draft_p/1986495

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not from what I heard. Urban stated that the FO didnt want to "trade picks for an older QB;" however, he would become more attractive when/if he hits free agency. I dont think it was an indictment on his talent or fit in the system. Whatever the case may be, I feel the team will take a harder look at the QB position since it is almost certain the OBoF (or even for next season) is not on the roster at this moment.

I think him and Bulger might be fielding calls from Graves next offseason. JMHO

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...b_they_arent_going_to_give_up_draft_p/1986495
Since when is RotB a reliable source? Check Somers and Urban's twitter today...

"They (Cards) don't like McNabb"

Not sure how more clear they can be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson