Pick Your Draft Approach

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Disagree but I feel it is closer. MHJ, Nabers and Odunze all have a shot to be the best in this class IMO. I think the gap there is smaller than the gap between Fashanu/Alt to Fuaga. And then there is the Humphries factor to consider.
feel like Alt and Fash have the athleticism and feet to be superior LTs for a long time

Fuaga is more of a physical brawler

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cardinals do decide to stick with Murray. They will definitely clean house.
Washington
Chicago
Las Vegas
N.Y Jets
N.Y Giants
All seem to need QB's

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Lots of Good comments and Post IMHO if MHJ is there You take him if Not, look to move down quite a few teams will be looking to move up for a player and lastly we do not know yet where that 2nd 1st round is it could be inside the top 10 to 15 range in which you could feasibly take a top O or D lineman

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals do decide to stick with Murray. They will definitely clean house.
Washington
Chicago
Las Vegas
N.Y Jets
N.Y Giants
All seem to need QB's
You may be right, but Washington seems to be happy with Howell, Chicago might decide to stick with Fields, the Jets probably won't take a QB with Rodgers coming back next season, and the Giants would have to admit a huge mistake by taking a QB after signing Jones to a big extension just last year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You may be right, but Washington seems to be happy with Howell, Chicago might decide to stick with Fields, the Jets probably won't take a QB with Rodgers coming back next season, and the Giants would have to admit a huge mistake by taking a QB after signing Jones to a big extension just last year.
daves, think you're right about the Jets and wrong about the Giants. Everyone in NY knows that they were wrong with the Jones contract. And, if I had to pick a trading partner for us with our 2nd or 3rd pick, I think it will be the Giants.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm trading back from 3 and picking up an extra 2nd this year and a future 1st minimum.

The value of that pick really depends on if it's for a QB or MHJ. If it's for a QB then it has more value. But minimum is a 2nd this year and a future first to move back 4-5 spots.

Then I'm drafting Alt or Fash. Impossible to predict the 2nd pick as anything can happen in the 18-20 picks before. If Newton is there I take Newton. Otherwise I probably go corner. But really depends who is around.

I wouldn't want to trade out of the top 8 ideally.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
I seem to remember a certain team that swore that a young QB that was drafted early one year and turned around and drafted another one with the 1st pick so You never can tell until Goodell announces the pick

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Daniel Jones ship has sailed in New York ( though I could definitely be wrong ), especially since every other QB (Except Jones) makes that team look at least half way functional.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm trading back from 3 and picking up an extra 2nd this year and a future 1st minimum.

The value of that pick really depends on if it's for a QB or MHJ. If it's for a QB then it has more value. But minimum is a 2nd this year and a future first to move back 4-5 spots.

Then I'm drafting Alt or Fash. Impossible to predict the 2nd pick as anything can happen in the 18-20 picks before. If Newton is there I take Newton. Otherwise I probably go corner. But really depends who is around.

I wouldn't want to trade out of the top 8 ideally.
I agree Sadly this team isnt "Just One Player Away" from contention if They Were then Go MHJ, But They Simply Arent Build the Trenches 1st then go for the Glory Boys No Qb has ever completed a Pass with a D lineman on Top Of Him to My Knowledge

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I agree Sadly this team isnt "Just One Player Away" from contention if They Were then Go MHJ, But They Simply Arent Build the Trenches 1st then go for the Glory Boys No Qb has ever completed a Pass with a D lineman on Top Of Him to My Knowledge
That is the luxury of the 2nd 1st rounders gives. You can take the best player in the draft AND draft either one of the 3 top OT or top 2 Edge players.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
That is the luxury of the 2nd 1st rounders gives. You can take the best player in the draft AND draft either one of the 3 top OT or top 2 Edge players.
Maybe but this is the Cardinals we are talking about here They have a long history for Montie and the Crew to overcome of Awful Draft decisions

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Maybe but this is the Cardinals we are talking about here They have a long history for Montie and the Crew to overcome of Awful Draft decisions
You cannot base Monti's skills on Keim. Using that logic MHJ is a slam dunk at #3, because a WR at #3 was the most succesful pick for this franchise while in AZ

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
You cannot base Monti's skills on Keim. Using that logic MHJ is a slam dunk at #3, because a WR at #3 was the most succesful pick for this franchise while in AZ
Heavens The Cards Draft Misses Goes Back as Far as I remember Steve Little Clyde Duncan Anthony Bell all 1st Round Picks the Cards Bust 1st Round Picks are Legendary Not mention Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavens The Cards Draft Misses Goes Back as Far as I remember Steve Little Clyde Duncan Anthony Bell all 1st Round Picks the Cards Bust 1st Round Picks are Legendary Not mention Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace
Monti's first draft is still an open question but it might turn out ok..

Johnson Jr - looks like a long term starter if not a dominant player

Ojulari - could be good? Not there yet. He has flashed at least.

Garrett Williams Jr. - IDK about you guys, but I think he could be the best player from this draft. Like what I see so far.

Wilson - we all liked him when he had the chance to make plays. Looks like an NFL player to me.

Gaines ll - he got hurt, missed season. Too bad

Tune - I wasn't impressed in preseason and even less impressed after his one game.

Pappoe - hasn't made an impression, but he is at least on special teams.

Clark - I really like what I have seen from this kid. I think he has got something. One highlight of this season for me was how he competed against CeeDee Lamb.

Stills jr - this kid is a baller. He will be part of the future going forward.

At least that is how I see it. Other than the Gaines-Tune-Pappoe stretch, it looks to be potentially an excellent draft in terms of long term contributors. The only player I have given up on is Tune and I know that isn't fair yet

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was impressed with Pappoe in his intensity at the Steelers game. It may sound silly but he was constantly staying warm on the sidelines, and I appreciated that. He knows his role is on special teams and he was constantly jogging, on the bike, stretching, staying ready at every moment. No one else was doing this.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with Pappoe in his intensity at the Steelers game. It may sound silly but he was constantly staying warm on the sidelines, and I appreciated that. He knows his role is on special teams and he was constantly jogging, on the bike, stretching, staying ready at every moment. No one else was doing this.
Thanks for that. This is the type of thing you can see only by being at the game. It means something I think.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For those of you who don’t recognize the Clyde Duncan reference Dollar Bill came up with a great idea. Having his usual early draft pick he direct the GM to find a player who would sign for a relatively low amount. Incredibly once they selected him Duncan changed his mind leading to a contract dispute. They finally signed him and he promptly dislocated his shoulder. He was dogged by questions about his attitude. He ended his season on the bench with a total of 4 receptions. The next year he was released. He did sign with another team but never played again in the NFL. As a result of this fiasco the NFL made it illegal to negotiate with a player in advance of the draft other than with the top pick.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
For those of you who don’t recognize the Clyde Duncan reference Dollar Bill came up with a great idea. Having his usual early draft pick he direct the GM to find a player who would sign for a relatively low amount. Incredibly once they selected him Duncan changed his mind leading to a contract dispute. They finally signed him and he promptly dislocated his shoulder. He was dogged by questions about his attitude. He ended his season on the bench with a total of 4 receptions. The next year he was released. He did sign with another team but never played again in the NFL. As a result of this fiasco the NFL made it illegal to negotiate with a player in advance of the draft other than with the top pick.
Yep there were a Lot if Very questionable picks Dollar Bill forced on the GM over the Years

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Washington
Chicago
Las Vegas
N.Y Jets
N.Y Giants
All seem to need QB's
Washington - Howell has been fairly good so far. I think whoever ends up as the new HC will determine a long ways which direction they go at QB.
Chicago - The enigma, Fields. Actually his completion and TD/INT rate has gotten a little better each year so the powers that be need to decide if this trend will continue or has he reached his peak. Will he ever be better than he is now? His progress has been painfully slow.
Las Vegas - I think there is no doubt they will be looking for a QB in the 2024 draft.
N.Y Jets - With Rogers coming back next season, do they add some pieces like a MJH to take that shot at a SB or do they draft for the future. Their defense will certainly carry them in some games and a decent to good offense could be enough with Rogers. What does Rogers have left in the tank?
N.Y Giants - Why does this feel like Eli Manning, Act 2? You look at Manning's career and Jones seems to be following the same trajectory. I think they look to upgrade their WR spots and Oline and not draft a QB.
NE - This is a team that seems ready to draft a QB. I just don't see how they don't move forward in a different direction, especially if Belichick leaves.

Dark horses:
Minnesota - Cousins age and recent injury as well as becoming a FA leaves them QB empty. Cousins will be 36 by the start of next season coming off a major injury. How do you justify bringing him back? I don't see how they would not be be looking to trade up to grab a QB. The offensive pieces are in place there for a rookie to find success.
Atlanta - Ridder hasn't done anything to impress that he is the long term future there.