Official Gameday Thread: Cardinals at Seahawks

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
lets go O - we've got our foot on their necks - don't let em get up

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Gee Lucas must be living clean. They challenged him this time at least. He was alll over Bryant like a cheap suit.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And the winner of the "when will the Cards get scrwd by the officials pool?" Is CardTrader who guessed 7:20 left in the 2nd Quarter.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the third time in this first half that Lucas has gotten away with pass interference. I'm not even sure he caught the ball on his interception in the end zone, and he clearly pushed Fitzgerald with two hands in the back to get that position. The last one was just the most obvious. Then the officials have the nerve to call Starks a few plays ago for illegal contact. I mean he was guilty, but it's just a slap in the face.

Joe Mama

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
do we get nutted on another challenge?

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
MrY said:
do we get nutted on another challenge?

The last one made sense but it's sad this team has out played the Hawks and the score is tied. Think Denny is going to fire them up at the half.....

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously Dennis Green doesn't care if the Cardinals have these challenges later in the game because he is squandering them now. I do think the referees screwed that last one up though. I thought there was some rule about gaining yardage on a fumble. After he fumbled the ball hit the ground before it went across the goal line. Therefore I thought it should have been placed just outside the end zone. Even if that's right... and I'm not sure it is... it was a bad challenge. The first one was probably even worse.

Joe Mama

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
man, we get into these third and long situations and this offense just grinds to a halt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like Josh in Seattle game part one - good first quarter - lousy second. D can't pitch shutouts - come on!

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Cardinals Karma(bad) in effect thus far...gotta play thier way out of it! If the Card scould somehow pull ahead and force Dilfer to throw they could win this game...

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
what worries me is seattle is 7-1 when leading at the half - 0-6 when trailing.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Difer's starting to relax back there. And Alexander is turning it up. I'm starting to worry.

Where's the pressure that worked so well in the 1st?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good first quarter by everyone - playcalling, Defense and Offense.

PATHETIC 2nd quarter BY EVERYONE - playcalling and Offense and special teams. Can't lay too much at the feet of the D - no D should be expected to continually gte 3 and outs and be rewarded be having to get on the field at their own 19.

DG and Josh need to rally this team. I am getting very frustrated with BOTH of them - I mean what the hellw as the point in challenging that TD - it was clear Alexander had the ball.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
This looks like Josh in Seattle game part one - good first quarter - lousy second. D can't pitch shutouts - come on!

Sorry Cheese but your negative bias toward him is really starting to show. Outside of the Int which wasnt really an Int IMO he has had another solid game. Especially considering that the running game is just stagnant and he has been screwed by the call to BJ on 3rd and 9.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
8ndkorner said:
Difer's starting to relax back there. And Alexander is turning it up. I'm starting to worry.

and while dilfer is relaxing. Josh looks like he's tightening up. Not good.

That was a HORRIBLE no call on the PI on Johnson, but, when your playing on the road, you've got to be able to overcome that kind of stuff.

We're still in this one. But Wood still needs to call plays to stretch the D, and Josh has got to start winging it like he did against STL.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
8ndkorner said:

They've adjusted. Hopefully so will we. Down 10-7 is far better than down 28-0 like they were in Carolina. Defense will get a little rest.

Still no offense on the road.

I'm afraid this one is over. We just can't score enough to win.

:stick:

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
I realize I'm looking ahead a lot, but did you hear the announcer say that Vick would most likely play next week?

Why?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watching this game it just seems like we are missing all kinds of opportunities. Macklin missed a pick(had it bounce off his left shoulder) at the begining of Seattles last scoring drive. IN order to win these big games on the road, we have to make these plays. All in all we have shut them down on offense, but have been blitzing a lot also. This has kept the Seahawks off balance but can burn us if they adjust. Our offense hasn't put it all together in a drive since our TD drive in the first. That incomplete pass to Johnson was crap though, bad call by the refs who just haven't been that good for either team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

Shane - I supopose this is Crimson's usual Josh negativity? Come on man - the guy hasn't looked as good in the second as he did the first and whatever you want to say about the pikc - IT WAS CALLERD A PICK - IT'S A PICK.,

Maybe it's your bias towards him that leads you to not even say what Crimson was ble to above - no - that couldn't possibly be.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Vick will play next week to get his timing down before the playoffs. Remember he will have a bye the first week and they don't want him to come out and play a playoff game without being in a game for 4 weeks.

Hopefully McCown will take the next step this second half and put it together. He hasn't been bad by any means but he just doesn't seem to be making plays or moving well in the pocket. Hopefully he starts sliding away from pressure, and can create some big plays down the field with the extra time. God that pick hurt.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand about this offense. Last week the coaching staff FINALLY started moving Josh McCown around. They even sent him running a few times. Many of us have been calling for this all season. If the guy is such a great athlete use his damn athleticism. This doesn't seem like rocket science to me. So they finally did it last week, and it was his best games so far. Yet this week they have him stuck firmly in the pocket. How can their memories be so short?

Joe Mama

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Crimson Warrior said:

Shane - I supopose this is Crimson's usual Josh negativity? Come on man - the guy hasn't looked as good in the second as he did the first and whatever you want to say about the pikc - IT WAS CALLERD A PICK - IT'S A PICK.,

Maybe it's your bias towards him that leads you to not even say what Crimson was ble to above - no - that couldn't possibly be.

No your right the team as a whole didnt play as good in the 2nd Qtr. But for the game so far "AS A WHOLE" Josh has been solid. But you seem to pick him out of the pile as usual. Your right it was called a pick. My bad I forgot :rolleyes: