Cardinals at Steelers gameday thread 12-3-23

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see Cards beat the Steelers. High pick isn’t as important as having Murray do good so we don’t have to go after a qb. His numbers were not great but he played well and in a rain storm with two major game delays. They are 2 & 2 since his return. There will be lots of good players in the draft and Cards will have 11 picks with 7 in the too 100.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Average?

Unless they are 12 top 50 picks.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the hustle the defense shows and some guys are playing way above expectations. Both rookie corners look to have futures. Ojulari seems to be coming on well. Still has been a great find. An interior D line that made from Walmart inflatables often shows up. Lots to like in the grit/heart/organisation column. Most of the time.

But we were playing one of the worst offenses in the league who lost Pickett before half time. They showed up before then too but it's not like they stopped the Niners. When we play a talented offense it's often been exposed.

Still lots of holes to fill that's going to require some good drafting and FA moves. I do however have confidence that this staff won't need a bunch of all stars to put together a good defense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What’s with that? Haven’t seen any this year. Haven’t scoured the internet for them either, but have looked after the Steelers and Cowboys.
It also seems, by what I can find, Ganon typically just gives out one game ball. I'm not sure if that's one to the offense and one to the defense, but it does seem that it's just one and not a slew of them.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Who held on that play? They didn't announce it and I didn't see it there.

That was a wickedly good throw. Running hard to his right.

Probably the best throw of the comeback, and gives some hope that we'll see legit 2021 Murray again.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Steelers have been recipients of phantom holding calls for many years now. No one will ever forget the one that stole the SB away from the Seahawks. Or the let’s swallow our whistle no call on the 3 blatant blocks to the back when a 300 lb DLineman manages to run 100 yards for a TD to steal a SB against the Cardinals. You can even go back to the Immaculate Reception against the Raiders that was bs.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned but the penalty on this was on O'Donnell.
It was officially called on O'Donnell but I think they meant to call it on Froholdt.

It's the only guy who even comes close to holding. Right as Kyler breaks the pocket Froholdt releases the NT #97 but there is possibly holding for a split second. I mean super tic tac call if it is. Especially when they didn't call the more egregious call in the first against the Steelers.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man I just watched the replay and does any know why the refs blantsntly overturned the Travis Kel…McBride touchdown before the end of the half?? Like come on ball popped out when he was clearly down.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was under center about 15% of the time under Kliff. I'll see if I can find it, but someone of reddit made a chart. Cardinals with Kyler two years ago weren't even number #1 in the shotgun. It was KC.
And 99 .9 percent of those under center plays were runs to the runningback under Klif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson