Nuggets @ Suns 1-12-18

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Millsap or Jokic? Who do I despise more? Tough call. I wish these clowns would just play basketball and leave the acting to Jessica Alba.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crappy calls by the ref have flipped the momentum. The most recent Jokic call was debatable but Millsap should have been called for an offensive foul and there he was acting up a storm trying to draw a flagrant.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 point lead, 1:43 left and we have the ball after this timeout. Come on guys, this would be a real nice win for us. And Oubre has been fantastic. Jackson has been mostly great, with a sprinkling of horrible mixed in.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid foul by Melton who has played fairly well so far.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melton is really improving.

Dude actually has potential to be very good.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I would like to see Oubre as our pseudo PF instead of Warren. His length and effort on defense would make a difference for the better, I think. Having a trio of wings in Oubre, Jackson, and Bridges is nice because they all play good defense and aren't lost causes offensively. Oubre is the most complete of the 3 right now but he's also been in the league longer.

I've been against trading Warren in the past but I think having him as your #2 option won't lead to anything but more lottery appearances. His attitude towards moving to the bench was an issue early in the season also but I wonder if he was upset he was coming off the bench in general or if he was mad that he sat while Ariza and Anderson stunk things up. That's the real question as to whether or not we should keep him or try to deal him while his value is likely at an all time high.

Oubre, Jackson, and Bridges are more than enough on the wings and if we can bring in a quality PF to start or a PG for Warren then we'd look more like a traditional NBA team. That would allow us to bring 2 of those 3 off the bench also and between those 3 they can cover virtually any position so it doesn't matter who would need to sit from the starters first.

This makes a lot of sense. Oubre is also an exiting energy guy and the most complete player of the four wings. He is going to cost big bucks though.

If we want to keep Oubre, land a PF and PG, TJ almost has to go. Even though Tj's salary is a good value he is our highest paid wing.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Great win over the current 'best team' in the West. Ayton and Oubre were huge again as they were in the W against the Kings. I honestly hadn't seen much of Oubre before the trade, but man is that looking like a great trade for us or what?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win, I didn't see it mentioned why Crawford was out though. On the Yahoo box score it says "Personal" rather than injury or coaches decision, I don't remember hearing anything about him needing time off, does anyone know what's up there?

Real glad we finally beat the Nuggets. They've had our number previously and this should give our guys confidence headed into the next game.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, I just finished watching the game. This was an amazing performance by the Suns. they played defense for almost an entire game. They were so active, rotations were mostly on point, everyone was aggressive. Melton didn't shoot well but he looked like a legitimate point guard out there. Nice to see Oubre have yet another really good game. Now, Ayton... oh Ayton- THAT is how you should play every night. Solid defense, plenty of aggression while maintaining control. Only nine turnovers as a team. 29 assists, nine blocks, 11 steals. What a game!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good w with no book. The one-two of Ayton and Holmes seemed impactful. Oubre is such a fortuitous mideseason pickup.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really is coming together.

Every player that is getting playing time is now starting to contribute. Even Acy has provided good defense off the bench.

Melton is becoming a better passer, and our best defender. Oubre is driving to the basket better than I think he ever has. Holmes is just the perfect backup center.

We just need to keep Crawford benched, keep Jackson playing semi-intelligently, and integrate Booker into this somehow.

If they play defensively like they did this game a .500 record the rest of the way is not too much to ask for.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just took sitting Booker, that's all.

JK.

Kinda. Need to bring up the stop babying Booker thread.

He has been carrying all the water for this team for a while. He is going to have to adjust as much as anyone to the improvement of the team. He will be a better player for it in the end.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It just took sitting Booker, that's all.

JK.

Kinda. Need to bring up the stop babying Booker thread.

He has been carrying all the water for this team for a while. He is going to have to adjust as much as anyone to the improvement of the team. He will be a better player for it in the end.
It’s interesting. Booker is definitely the best player in the team. But him taking a slightly lesser role (still leading scorer) may be what the team needs for others to step up theor games. The more spread out our scoring the more dangerous the team will be as it would be difficult to shut down the team defensively. If the suns are overly reliant on booker an opponent cane focus on taking him away and if we don’t effectively compensate we lose. The more egalitarian the offense on this team, while concurrently keeping our focus on defense, the greater the likelihood of success.

This isn’t a knock on book. He’s still the best player. It perhaps it’s scoring 20-22pts/game on increased efficiency rather than as a 26 or 27 pg/game scorer on high volume.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's Book's defense though. He can play within the flow on offense, but if he does not improve his defense, he is a problem. This team wins with defense and it cannot afford to have any holes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would be awesome if we could just play Booker for the first 3 quarters and then bench him for all of the 4th because that’s when he turns into a massive ballhog and attempts his best 34 year old Kobe Bryant/Carmelo Anthony impression.

Sometimes I feel like it’s a good thing that he gets in foul trouble because of this reason.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre is just banking cash right now. Days of thinking he gets 10 mil are over

It's not 2 games. He has been a good performer for the Suns.

He looks like a 14 mil player right now
I’d meet him halfway and offer $12 mil if he keeps this up.

If he walks, he walks. He wouldn’t be the first player to actually try and play well in a contract year to only revert back to mediocrity afterwards. So it’s a risk but may still be worth it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Having a trio of wings in Oubre, Jackson, and Bridges is nice because they all play good defense and aren't lost causes offensively. Oubre is the most complete of the 3 right now but he's also been in the league longer.
He’s actually the youngest of the three as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is what pisses me off about this team: it has the talent to be competitive. It’s when this team gets disorganized on the court, the wheels fall off, and at this point, they’re so used to losing that they don’t even try to fight back.

Games like tonight should be the norm, not the exception. I hope work a solid PG and an extra year of experience for Ayton and others that we’ll be a fringe playoff team

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, you're saying there's a chance? Stayin' alive!

Wouldn't that be something? I would love to see them turn my tongue in cheek comment into a prophecy. But back to reality, it was a lot of fun and I'm looking for more to come.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard