Suns at Nuggets, Tuesday 3-5-24

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go in and beat the champs who haven’t lost since all star break on their home floor without our best player, and one of our best defenders! Hell of a win even if it was ugly in the 4th when no one could buy a shot! Crazy in this teams head Allen 8/8 then didn’t hit another damn shot and for some reason they weren’t even trying to get him attempts! This team is just stupid sometimes! Great great much needed win as we have crazy schedule and any games we can win without Book are flat out HUGE!!!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD was awful, his efficiency.
He was but hit daggers when needed and without Book who do you want taking a bunch of shots? If KD has normal efficiency he’s probably putting up 50 most shots we’re so close just barely off on a ton of them! Hit em when they needed them so still a huge win!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team might kill me.

Might be their best win of the season... and yet, so many of their flaws were all over the place. Up and down all game, but manage to build a nice lead... blew it all in yet another horrendous 4th quarter, Durant basically stunk for the first 47 minutes, confusing rations.

Yet... somehow, we won. A great win, against a great team, on the road. I'd say that this could be a catalyst for a nice run but these guys can't seem to sustain their momentum for 5 minutes.

I don't get it.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I just don't get this team, at all. This was a QUALITY win, on the road in the toughest arena, against the defending champions on a 6 game win streak, without arguably their best player.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah but we have no shot without him.

He was but hit daggers when needed and without Book who do you want taking a bunch of shots? If KD has normal efficiency he’s probably putting up 50 most shots we’re so close just barely off on a ton of them! Hit em when they needed them so still a huge win!

This team might kill me.

Might be their best win of the season... and yet, so many of their flaws were all over the place. Up and down all game, but manage to build a nice lead... blew it all in yet another horrendous 4th quarter, Durant basically stunk for the first 47 minutes, confusing rations.

Yet... somehow, we won. A great win, against a great team, on the road. I'd say that this could be a catalyst for a nice run but these guys can't seem to sustain their momentum for 5 minutes.

I don't get it.

KD did well against Gordon in the playoffs. Did so again tonight. You would think his size and athleticism would be the perfect defense for KD.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD did well against Gordon in the playoffs. Did so again tonight. You would think his size and athleticism would be the perfect defense for KD.

I feel like I remember seeing stats that Gordon caused Durant hell in the playoffs. When they were matched up Durant shot poorly and had a ton of turnovers.

And I do think he is an ideal guy to cover Durant, he's very quick, he's long, he's strong and he doesn't really back down unless he's in foul trouble.

There were rumors about us being interested in Gordon back in 2021 and man... he'd have been huuuuuuuuuge for us if we'd been able to land him. He'd have been the perfect 4 with those guys.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we NEED to follow this up with a win against toronto

I've got tickets... I will have to pick out my clothes carefully.

I have determined that one of my favorite Suns shirts is officially cursed.

Sorry about the Houston loss last week and the Memphis loss in early Jan... I was wearing a cursed shirt.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I've got tickets... I will have to pick out my clothes carefully.

I have determined that one of my favorite Suns shirts is officially cursed.

Sorry about the Houston loss last week and the Memphis loss in early Jan... I was wearing a cursed shirt.
rocknroll maestro

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
* Only 9 turnovers on the game, none in OT (I'm not counting running the shotclock down at the end).
* Jokic with 7 turnovers (Nugs with 14 on the game)
* 32 assists for Phoenix vs 25 for Denver
* Interesting defensive adjustment they made on the Jokic/Murray pick and roll where Eubanks stayed home on Jokic and team helped from somewhere else on Murray.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team might kill me.

I don't get it.
Agreed. Although Suns defense was consistent all night and didnt turn the ball over

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team might kill me.

I don't get it.
Not exactly. Durant was perfect in the 2nd quarter going 4/4 from the field and 2/2 at the FT line. He almost shot us out of the game later though. Just like Beal and Book usually do in the 4th. I just don’t get it.

I think Isbia should spring for a high priced shrink, voodoo doctor, hypnotists…whatever it takes for the 4th quarter.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
* Only 9 turnovers on the game, none in OT (I'm not counting running the shotclock down at the end).
* Jokic with 7 turnovers (Nugs with 14 on the game)
* 32 assists for Phoenix vs 25 for Denver
* Interesting defensive adjustment they made on the Jokic/Murray pick and roll where Eubanks stayed home on Jokic and team helped from somewhere else on Murray.

It was pretty interesting to see the adjustment of Eubanks to stay on Jokic. They refused to attack the lane even though it was open a few times.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Defense, ball movement, mininal TO, we don't have a talent problem,, only a game plan one. Allen's mental issue is over, very confident in everything he's been doing on the court.
Even when in long stretch in the 4th we couldn't hit anything, we were still in the game due to very good defense and small number of TOs. We can play good D with timely double teaming Jokic and rotating to deny his passes. Despite not shooting well for most of the game, Beal's playmaking was also the main reason we stayed in the fourth qrt and overtime, which reduced forcing stationary passes to KD while his drives did create better shots in general. Together with KD our superstars showed their color in crunch time. We just need to keep it up.

As to KD, his dribbles and jumpers are so vulnerable to hacking so that he really need to pay closer attention. He's not as quick as before anymore. He needs to get used to receiving passes on the move instead of being stationary, Nurkic in the 4th qrt expected KD to move towards him, but KD didn't and the short pass was picked up by Porter for easy dunk. Unlike most teams, Nugs were graceful to us by not double teaming KD at all, his shooting was still off when closely defended.