Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread, 12-1-2023

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We were down 17 in this game, and I’m not too worried about this loss. We have to win tomorrow though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Nuggets 119 - Suns 111

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
And that'll do it - Suns were behind the entire time - KD and Nurk did their thing but most of the supporting cast never really landed their roles

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fall to 11-8 for the season. They play the Grizzlies at home tomorrow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
KD building a house but he has to keep firing.
See I disagree. He took almost every shot down the stretch. That’s bad basketball. The rest of the team gets outta rhythm. When his ahots aren’t falling he needs to use his gravity to get wide open shots for his teammates and trust that they’ll knock them down. Bad loss

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant’s rushed, off balance, highly defended, low percentage shots are the bane of my existence.

Fun game… but still waiting for this superstar we traded a decade for to show up when anything matters.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I watched the entire game, for a change, and at halftime, I was thinking I would have to come here afterward and say I was wrong about Durant. But never mind.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m curious about your evidence that he is so “unclutch” (outside of tonight). I wouldn’t even consider him that, he’s been an o’fer since well before clutch time.

This is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde performance. And we don’t see that often from Durant. I’d like to know why you think we do.
Earlier in the season before we got book back kd was consistently fading in the fourth quarter. Just go back and read the game threads.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m curious about your evidence that he is so “unclutch” (outside of tonight). I wouldn’t even consider him that, he’s been an o’fer since well before clutch time.

This is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde performance. And we don’t see that often from Durant. I’d like to know why you think we do.

Outside of the Dallas game last year, I’m curious what game Durant’s play carried us in the clutch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And that'll do it - Suns were behind the entire time - KD and Nurk did their thing but most of the supporting cast never really landed their roles
Eh outside of kd and nurk the team shot 18-37 and Allen and Gordon shot 11-20. Maybe if kd had been finding them down the stretch instead of shooting 0-10 we have a shot at winning. I just think Kd has to recognize he doesn’t have to take every shot just bc book ain’t out there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, if Nurkic turns for a shot with his arms up in a shooting motion, he is entitled to that space. Where are the elbows supposed to go?

Big men are taught not to bring the ball down, like Ayton was criticized for doing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Outside of the Dallas game last year, I’m curious what game Durant’s play carried us in the clutch.
A better question is how many times was it needed? Our losses haven’t all been close after all.

That said, I’m not going to waste my time arguing about how bad KD is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Durant’s rushed, off balance, highly defended, low percentage shots are the bane of my existence.

Fun game… but still waiting for this superstar we traded a decade for to show up when anything matters.
This is a bad take. We were only within shooting distance in first half because of Durant. In regular season kd/book duo is 14-2. Just need them all healthy, which all knew would be the biggest deal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was a foul but not a flagrant…
It was a flagrant. They call elbow to the face 10 outta 10 times. Even the commentators said they hoped it wouldn’t be called but it was a flagrant. Is what it is. Nurk has to be smarter than that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a bad take. We were only within shooting distance in first half because of Durant. In regular season kd/book duo is 14-2. Just need them all healthy, which all knew would be the biggest deal.

What are the odds of these guys all being healthy at once? Slim.

In the event they are heartily, have they shown themselves to be obviously better than what was sacrificed to build this team? (Not even including the picks).

No.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel says the whistle stopped blowing for Durant in the 4th quarter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson