Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread, 12-1-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What are the odds of these guys all being healthy at once? Slim.

In the event they are heartily, have they shown themselves to be obviously better than what was sacrificed to build this team? (Not even including the picks).

No.
Lol we haven’t seen it but you’re making the judgement that it’s a no. Okay. You do you.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
See I disagree. He took almost every shot down the stretch. That’s bad basketball. The rest of the team gets outta rhythm. When his ahots aren’t falling he needs to use his gravity to get wide open shots for his teammates and trust that they’ll knock them down. Bad loss

Kd is one of the most efficient shooters in the league this year. Keep firing and live with the results.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took some time to sink in, but Nurkic had 31 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Okogie was the Suns bench with 13 of the bench's 17 points.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Kd is one of the most efficient shooters in the league this year. Keep firing and live with the results.

I agreed with Doc Rivers, who said that Durant wasn't forcing it. He was getting good looks and missing, and he was still probably one of the best options the Suns had.

His problem is stamina. In every game I've watched, he has worn down physically, mentally, or both in the fourth quarter. Tonight, he still seemed to be in good shape mentally (no idiotic turnovers that I remember, and basically good decision-making), but he was obviously physically tired.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agreed with Doc Rivers, who said that Durant wasn't forcing it. He was getting good looks and missing, and he was still probably one of the best options the Suns had.

His problem is stamina. In every game I've watched, he has worn down physically, mentally, or both in the fourth quarter. Tonight, he still seemed to be in good shape mentally (no idiotic turnovers that I remember, and basically good decision-making), but he was obviously physically tired.

I mostly agree with this, but Durant wasn't getting the benefit of the whistle either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Teams continue leaving Okogie open and he continues bricking 3’s. I love his effort level but he’s not playing crunch time with a healthy Book.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson has come back to life, which is a worry I had when Murray went down. Whether Malone can keep Jackson playing well when Murray returns is anyone's guess but Reggie is doing a good job of spelling Murray. He's averaging 16 & 5 with 42% from 3pt range over the last 10 games. Definitely softens the blow of losing Bruce Brown.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the odds of these guys all being healthy at once? Slim.

In the event they are heartily, have they shown themselves to be obviously better than what was sacrificed to build this team? (Not even including the picks).

No.
Lol… this romanticizing of the Suns team that got their asses handed to them in humiliating fashion in the second half of their series against the one man show in Dallas and then we’re mediocre last year AND had a broken down CP3 continues to make me chuckle.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol… this romanticizing of the Suns team that got their asses handed to them in humiliating fashion in the second half of their series against the one man show in Dallas and then we’re mediocre last year AND had a broken down CP3 continues to make me chuckle.

How'd our series end last year?

Am I romanticizing or am I comparing it to our current reality?

We gave up a mother load of assets and... is this team actually better? As of yet, it is really hard to claim that there is any improvement whatsoever... and we've barely begun to pay the butcher.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We gave up a mother load of assets and... is this team actually better? As of yet, it is really hard to claim that there is any improvement whatsoever... and we've barely begun to pay the butcher.

I was just as against the KD trade, as it was constructed, as you were when it went down. I still think we overpaid. To say we haven't begun to pay the butcher is false. We lost 2 starters and a 7th or 8th man for him, plus 4 1sts. Those players are gone and we owe 3 more picks. We're well past halfway as far paying the price. KD is better than either Mikal or Cam on their own, that's a fact. Losing another quality starter does hurt but we've made other moves to sort of make up for that. I'll take KD and Grayson Allen over Cam and Mikal when it comes to production and you'd be hard pressed to find a contender who wouldn't. It sucks we had to throw Jae into that deal but JJ fumbled that whole ordeal by letting his value plummet. But to say we haven't begun to pay the butcher is just false. 3 players and 4 picks went out the door and the only outstanding debt of sorts are 3 of those picks. Yes, there are swaps but that requires Brooklyn to be better than us to really cost us.

Was the price high? Absolutely. The jury is still out on whether it was worth it. Judging things before we've even made it 2 full months into this season is short sighted. We're now approaching the quarter mark of the season and KD hasn't been the issue. We'd be struggling with Cam and Mikal out there also since neither of them makes Booker healthy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I honestly saw us losing this game by 20 or more points. I was amazed how close it was. We were both shorthanded. In the grand scheme of things, this means little because our teams aren't even what they will look like come playoffs. Nurkic was a bright point.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I honestly saw us losing this game by 20 or more points. I was amazed how close it was. We were both shorthanded. In the grand scheme of things, this means little because our teams aren't even what they will look like come playoffs. Nurkic was a bright point.
Only the Nuggets were shorthanded according to ESPN. They said it multiple times about the Nuggets. I don't understand how that works.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Too early. And I think you know that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson