Nuggets @ Suns 1-12-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday the Nuggets will visit the Suns for a game scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The Nuggets (28-12) have won their last two games and are coming off a 121-100 home win over the Clippers on Thursday.

Meanwhile the Suns (10-33) are coming off a 104-94 road loss to the Mavericks on Wednesday.

The game will be televised on FSAZ Plus.

Booker has missed the last two games with reported back spasms. I haven not heard any about whether he will play.

After the Nuggets game the Suns go on a four game road trip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rookies brush off the idea of a rookie wall based upon what I was allowed to read without subscribing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker’s # of games missed the last 3 seasons is an overlooked concern imo.

Between the games he's missed from injury and the games he should have missed due to injury it's a major concern. But I don't think it's been "overlooked".

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Between the games he's missed from injury and the games he should have missed due to injury it's a major concern. But I don't think it's been "overlooked".
It definitely has been. He's becoming an injury prone player and I've seen a few of the BSOTS bloggers mention it here and there but not much attention to it other than that. In the replies to the following tweet are the first time I've even seen fans bring it up

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It definitely has been. He's becoming an injury prone player and I've seen a few of the BSOTS bloggers mention it here and there but not much attention to it other than that. In the replies to the following tweet are the first time I've even seen fans bring it up

@GatorAZ has brought it up before.

Booker shouldn’t be playing. When injury prone players play hurt it only makes them more unreliable.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/thunder-suns-11-17-18.288353/page-9#post-3830673[/QUOTE]

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good catch going two months back.

Well, then search on me and you won't have to go back more than a week or so. I've brought up both his absences and his poor playing when injured many times. I'm a huge Booker fan but he is that rare player that simply can't function when he's not at a 100% and that's a big concern given that he's on his 7th or 8th little injury (just a guesstimate).

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, then search on me and you won't have to go back more than a week or so. I've brought up both his absences and his poor playing when injured many times. I'm a huge Booker fan but he is that rare player that simply can't function when he's not at a 100% and that's a big concern given that he's on his 7th or 8th little injury (just a guesstimate).
I think more so than that it's just the fact that he's so fragile which is the main issue. I know you mentioned it at the end of your post but that's the real issue here.

I wonder if the Suns would have still offered him the same max extension they did had they waited till the end of the season and seen how he continued to become such an injury prone player. Not second guessing it because I wasn't against it at the time but just curious if they would've waited till after the season for his extension like the Knicks are doing it with Porzingis who has injury issues of his own.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think more so than that it's just the fact that he's so fragile which is the main issue. I know you mentioned it at the end of your post but that's the real issue here.

I wonder if the Suns would have still offered him the same max extension they did had they waited till the end of the season and seen how he continued to become such an injury prone player. Not second guessing it because I wasn't against it at the time but just curious if they would've waited till after the season for his extension like the Knicks are doing it with Porzingis who has injury issues of his own.

The difference though is that KP had a fairly significant basketball injury that could have long term effects; Booker has struggled with wrist/hand/finger injuries, a pulled hamstring, a left hip contusion, ankle sprains, a bruised tailbone, a jammed toe, a left abductor strain, turf toe and whatever else I'm forgetting. Those aren't real serious individually and there are lot of players that could play effectively through many of those problems but Booker's game suffers dramatically when he's even slightly impacted. The trend is alarming, it makes you wonder what our vaunted medical staff is doing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Among all things Booker needs to get healthy. The Suns need to sit him for as long as it takes and then some.

I don't want to get into the concept that Booker can't do two things at one time (play shooting guard and point guard) because he can.

However, I'm hoping if his roles are reduced by adding a point guard he can concentrate more on what he does best... score.

IMO, Booker tries to do too many things on the court. Perhaps too much is being asked of him too early. He is not ready to carry the Suns without more help and perhaps this should not be his role. I'd like to see more team basketball from the Suns as their young players develop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The difference though is that KP had a fairly significant basketball injury that could have long term effects; Booker has struggled with wrist/hand/finger injuries, a pulled hamstring, a left hip contusion, ankle sprains, a bruised tailbone, a jammed toe, a left abductor strain, turf toe and whatever else I'm forgetting. Those aren't real serious individually and there are lot of players that could play effectively through many of those problems but Booker's game suffers dramatically when he's even slightly impacted. The trend is alarming, it makes you wonder what our vaunted medical staff is doing.
Man that’s an oddball bunch of injuries. When listed like that you’d find it hard to believe that so many different types of injuries on so many different body parts, all of which either mean missed games or subpar performance could accrue in a single player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that’s an oddball bunch of injuries. When listed like that you’d find it hard to believe that so many different types of injuries on so many different body parts, all of which either mean missed games or subpar performance could accrue in a single player.

Yeah that's why I think it might have something to do with nutrition. He really needs to get with someone like that guy that helped Nash with his diet and exercise regimen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chances are slim Booker plays tonight.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Booker's injuries are not serious long term injuries so that could be worse off course. He probably did sit some games out when the tank was on. He should sit more games up front to not aggravate or re-injure things as the hamstring instead of insisting on playing (poorly) and then being out again. So yeah.

Let's beat these sucker nuggets.

You must be registered for see images attach

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
#1 Get the defense going.
#2 Should take care of itself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member