Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread, 12-1-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home for two games, a back-to-back affair playing the Nuggets on Friday and the Grizzlies on Saturday.

After losing to the Raptors, the Suns winning streak stops at seven games. They are now 11-7.

When: Friday, 12-1-2023

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, ESPN

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8 PM Arizona time

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jamal Murray is back for the Nuggets. Very concerned about Book’s shoes. This is 2 rolled ankle’s this season. Could just be coincidence but not ideal with the long road ahead.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No way you risk Book here unless he's 110% ready to go with the game in LA on Monday. And knowing that....... I may sit KD also.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jamal Murray is back for the Nuggets. Very concerned about Book’s shoes. This is 2 rolled ankle’s this season. Could just be coincidence but not ideal with the long road ahead.
I don't think any shoes (without an actual ankle brace) would have prevented what happened last night.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think any shoes (without an actual ankle brace) would have prevented what happened last night.
Very true. Just not an ideal look this early in the season to have that happen before his shoes drop in December but again, without ankle support it probably would’ve happened regardless.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Very true. Just not an ideal look this early in the season to have that happen before his shoes drop in December but again, without ankle support it probably would’ve happened regardless.
I thought Book's kicks were coming out in March/April?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
No way you risk Book here unless he's 110% ready to go with the game in LA on Monday. And knowing that....... I may sit KD also.
I would sit Book at least until the Laker tournament game on Tuesday unless he's 100%. I'll tell you one thing. He did us no good as a decoy when he came back in yesterday.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Book's kicks were coming out in March/April?
He said he was releasing 500 pairs of his orange Book 1’s in December when he was on complex getting interviewed a few weeks ago…hmm good to know.

I remember he rocked the Purple Kobe’s his first game back from injury. I know getting his first shoe is a huge deal, but I don’t want him to have lingering ankle/foot/calf issues

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said he was releasing 500 pairs of his orange Book 1’s in December when he was on complex getting interviewed a few weeks ago…hmm good to know.

I remember he rocked the Purple Kobe’s his first game back from injury. I know getting his first shoe is a huge deal, but I don’t want him to have lingering ankle/foot/calf issues

I think some of the Purples are dropping in December.

Yeah i just wish he'd stick to his GT's or Kobes. Books and Ja's shoes are flat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon and Jamal Murray are questionable for the game on Friday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is QUESTIONABLE.

Grayson Allen and Nassir Little appear AVAILABLE.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man this team is fragile. I know it’s early but this is concerning. How many games will our big three play together this year? We are still waiting on just 1.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Book stepped on a guys foot -- how does that make him injury prone or fragile? He may be, but this latest thing shouldn't be considered a symptom of that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man this team is fragile. I know it’s early but this is concerning. How many games will our big three play together this year? We are still waiting on just 1.

I'm not sure if the Suns are more fragile than any other NBA team, but it's a good question.

It's hard to keep all three stars healthy at the same time. The Suns have only played 18 regular season games and it's an 82 game regular season schedule.

However, more importantly, the Suns need is to have Booker, Durant and Beal available come playoff time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book stepped on a guys foot -- how does that make him injury prone or fragile? He may be, but this latest thing shouldn't be considered a symptom of that.

You think that was the only instance in the game where someone stepped on someone else's foot? That happens multiple times in every game. Not everyone rolls their ankle and ends up missing time because of it. I'd say it's far more rare for a player to miss time because he stepped on someone's foot than walk it off and be fine in a 5 minutes.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Suns are more fragile than any other NBA team, but it's a good question.

It's hard to keep all three stars healthy at the same time. The Suns have only played 18 regular season games and it's an 82 game regular season schedule.

However, more importantly, the Suns need is to have Booker, Durant and Beal available come playoff time.
You’d think they need at least half a season to really dial in the chemistry before the playoffs.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Big game tonight

Big games like this - sometimes it doesn't much matter who's injured but more of who steps up - I would prefer to rest Book and still beat the Nuggets

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big game tonight

Big games like this - sometimes it doesn't much matter who's injured but more of who steps up - I would prefer to rest Book and still beat the Nuggets

Aren't their a number of nuggets injured too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but Flex says that Book dodged a bullet and there was no damage to his ankle. Out tonight, questionable for Memphis and back for the Laker game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but Flex says that Book dodged a bullet and there was no damage to his ankle. Out tonight, questionable for Memphis and back for the Laker game.

His inside guy is obviously with training staff, his reports in that area are mostly reliable. Its the the other stuff where Flex is way off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson