How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s just wait and see. Didn’t Mahomes do it in his 1st season as a starter? I believe that Murray is every bit as talented as Mahomes is. But, we’ll just have to wait and see.
The draft is a crap shoot, roll the dice on any player after evaluating them. Like I said in the very first post, if they don't take Murray & he ends up all world for another team.............? Safest bet is just keeping Rosen, imo it's too much of a gamble to be wrong on Murray considering the overall team needs. I've seen Rosen make some throws last yr in tight windows that made me go "wow", then other throws make me go "WTH" was he thinking? Only thing right now Murray has going for him over Rosen is running/scrambling ability & knowing the "air raid" offense. Who knows how much of the "air raid" offense Clements will actually tell KK to use that will work in the NFL? Truth be told, no one knows who will be the better pick or QB right now a few yrs down the road. All opinions, observations/evaluations & guesses. Just don't screw it up Steve keim.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
The question is do you believe Murray by himself is better than Rosen plus Bosa?

Kliff had a 18 year old statue in the pocket this past season who was really damn good. I think Rosen can be pretty effective with Kliff's mentorship and playcalling.

I remember watching Bowman at Grapevine. He definitely wasn’t a statue. Sure he’s not really athletic but he could make a lot of throws on the run.

Looking back at last season in CFB, it’s pretty weird how things turn out. If Bowman hadn’t suffered a collapsed lung, does Kingsbury still end up in AZ?

Last edited:

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I remember watching Bowman at Grapevine. He definitely wasn’t a statue. Sure he’s not really athletic but he could make a lot of throws on the run.

Looking back at last season in CFB, it’s pretty weird how things turn out. If Bowman hadn’t suffered a collapse lung, does Kingsbury still end up in AZ?

I mean a statue compared to the likes of Mahomes or Murray.

And yeah, no doubt the Bowman lung injuries killed Tech's season. We lost some close games with him on the bench injured. Could have easily swung the other way for us and Kliff would still be the coach in LBK.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
First year stats of QBs who went on to success. Giving up on Rosen after just one year with an offense that ran the ball over 70% of the time between the center and guard and a Oline that couldn't hold a block for more than a couple of seconds and receivers that couldn't catch a cold and he's now a bust? Then all these guys should have been tossed to the wayside too if you are going to judge him after a single season.

Troy Aikman
G Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int Rate
11 293 155 52.9 1,749 6.0 159.0 9 18 55.7

John Elway
11 259 123 47.5 1,663 6.4 151.2 7 14 54.9

Payton Manning
16 575 326 56.7 3,739 6.5 233.7 26 28 71.2

Joe Theismann
14 163 79 48.5 1,036 6.4 74.0 8 10 59.8

Steve Young
14 363 195 53.7 2,282 6.3 163.0 8 13 65.5

Eli Manning
9 197 95 48.2 1,043 5.3 115.9 6 9 55.4

Jared Goff
7 205 112 54.6 1,089 5.3 155.6 5 7 63.6

And Rosen's stats
14 393 217 55.2 2,278 5.8 162.7 11 14 66.7

Here we go...someone using facts and stats again....lol

#sarcasm

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let’s just wait and see. Didn’t Mahomes do it in his 1st season as a starter? I believe that Murray is every bit as talented as Mahomes is. But, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Mahomes sat for a year...Are you going to afford Murray the same? Who do you start, to let him sit for a year?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Mahomes sat for a year...Are you going to afford Murray the same? Who do you start, to let him sit for a year?

Mike Glennon isn't anywhere close to Alex Smith. Really the only way that works out great is if they get someone like Keenum who is very familiar with Kliff and can help mentor the younger QB. The problem is Keenum is very expensive, lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is do you believe Murray by himself is better than Rosen plus Bosa?

Kliff had a 18 year old statue in the pocket this past season who was really damn good. I think Rosen can be pretty effective with Kliff's mentorship and playcalling.

Your points are well taken. It’s a fair question to ask if Murray > Rosen/Bosa. I believe that Murray is better than Rosen, but losing Bosa in the process would have to be KK’s decision. If KK thinks that he can make a statue like Rosen successful, then by all means I would love to take Bosa. It’s not necessarily Rosen’s being a statue that concerns me. His poor decision making is what scares me. Can that be coached out of him? Only KK can answer that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Your points are well taken. It’s a fair question to ask if Murray > Rosen/Bosa. I believe that Murray is better than Rosen, but losing Bosa in the process would have to be KK’s decision. If KK thinks that he can make a statue like Rosen successful, then by all means I would love to take Bosa. It’s not necessarily Rosen’s being a statue that concerns me. His poor decision making is what scares me. Can that be coached out of him? Only KK can answer that.

A statue like Rosen?

How many running QBs have won a Super Bowl?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sitting for a year is not the reason why Mahomes threw 50 tds this year. Reid was just being Reid & playing Smith because he was the incumbent. Mahomes played late last year & lit it up. Reid even said that if he really thought Mahomes was as good as he actually is, he would have started from day 1. If Mahomes played last year, he still would have had 40+ touchdowns. From day 1, Murray will have the same impact. Regardless of who drafts him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A statue like Rosen?

Rosen is a statue whose decision making is slow & needs maximum protection to be successful. The statues like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady can’t run a lick, but they get rid of the ball & make good decisions as to where it’s going.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rosen is a statue whose decision making is slow & needs maximum protection to be successful. The statues like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady can’t run a lick, but they get rid of the ball & make good decisions as to where it’s going.

He's not a statue.

Running QBs don't win championships.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A statue like Rosen?

On tape, Murray doesn’t look like a “running qb”. He just can run like Shaquon Barkley. But he throws like Russell Wilson. That’s immense talent. But he’s definately pass first.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would say at least 4 of them.

Roger Staubach
Steve Young
John Elway
Russell Wilson

Only Wilson was a running QB.

The rest were scramblers, which means they didn't have a ton of designed runs.

Murray ran more last year than Mike Vick did in college.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On tape, Murray doesn’t look like a “running qb”. He just can run like Shaquon Barkley. But he throws like Russell Wilson. That’s immense talent. But he’s definately pass first.

He ran more than Michael Vick did.

Running QB.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Sitting for a year is not the reason why Mahomes threw 50 tds this year. Reid was just being Reid & playing Smith because he was the incumbent. Mahomes played late last year & lit it up. Reid even said that if he really thought Mahomes was as good as he actually is, he would have started from day 1. If Mahomes played last year, he still would have had 40+ touchdowns. From day 1, Murray will have the same impact. Regardless of who drafts him.

The big difference between Mahomes and Murray? 5 inches, 30 lbs, about 20 more college starts and a much stronger arm.

You don't think the 1 year he sat was due to the fact that he needed to learn the offense and how to be a pro, he has said as much and talks about how much he learned about being a pro from watching Alex Smith.

Murray is less pro ready than Rosen was last year, no way does he lead a team to the playoffs, he'd have to be on a team with an already strong roster surrounding him. Murray MAY be good but he is not going to set the league on fire from day 1.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Only Wilson was a running QB.

The rest were scramblers, which means they didn't have a ton of designed runs.

Murray ran more last year than Mike Vick did in college.

And how many times per game did Vick throw the ball? How many did Murray?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Just looked up the passing numbers on Vick & Murray.

In their final college season, Vick averaged 16 pass attempts per game and 10 rushing attempts per game. Murray averaged 27 pass attempts per game and 10 rushing attempts per game. The reason Murray had more rushing attempts overall for the season is Vick only played 10 games (104 attempts) whereas Murray played 14 games (140 attempts).

Murray runs the ball 27% of the time whereas Vick runs the ball 38% of the time. Lamar Jackson was also around 37% for running the ball during his last two years at Louisville. He averaged about 19 rushes per game compared to 32 passes per game.

For their careers, Mahomes ran the ball 19% of the time in college and Mayfield ran the ball about 20% of the time in college. So it looks like Murray at 27% is in between the likes of Mahomes/Mayfield and the likes of Vick/Jackson.

Johnny Manziel ran the ball about 28% of the time during his college career. He is the best comparison for Kyler at 27%.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big difference between Mahomes and Murray? 5 inches, 30 lbs, about 20 more college starts and a much stronger arm.

You don't think the 1 year he sat was due to the fact that he needed to learn the offense and how to be a pro, he has said as much and talks about how much he learned about being a pro from watching Alex Smith.

Murray is less pro ready than Rosen was last year, no way does he lead a team to the playoffs, he'd have to be on a team with an already strong roster surrounding him. Murray MAY be good but he is not going to set the league on fire from day 1.

We’ll agree to disagree & move on. You will be wrong about Murray. I just hope I’m wrong & that KK can make Rosen MUCH better moving forward.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say at least 5 of them.

Roger Staubach
Steve Young
John Elway
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Rushing Yds in SB Winning year and career high rushing yds:

Staubach 210/343
Young 213/537