Did You Hear What Paul Calvisi Said On Sports Tonight on Channel 12 about the Cardinals and Marvin Harrison Jr.?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

I think it will only become more embarrassing to compare Anderson to Ojulari -- it's not fair to BJ to do so.

Really, I just want to see him win some 1:1s, which he didn't do often enough if at all last year.
Mostly off-topic, but can Cardinals please not sign a player like Calais Campbell to play instead of a younger player.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mostly off-topic, but can Cardinals please not sign a player like Calais Campbell to play instead of a younger player.
Plenty of snaps for every healthy IDL in this defense, I think.

We'd be better off replacing every starter on our defensive line this offseason. Calais can play 50% of the snaps and help the rookie get better.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of snaps for every healthy IDL in this defense, I think.

We'd be better off replacing every starter on our defensive line this offseason. Calais can play 50% of the snaps and help the rookie get better.
Fair!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After watching the Detroit/LA game last night I am pretty convinced that building the Oline takes priority over one WR. I think the same applies to the Dline too.

Oline
Decker R1 P16
Ragnow R1 P20
Jackson R3 P75
Glasgow R3 p95
Sewell R1 P7

WR
Brown R4 P112
Reynolds R4 P117
Laporta R2 P34
Williams R1 P12

Put a good Oline in front of a QB and he will pick apart the defense. Goff is a good QB but nothing exceptional.

Call me old fashion however I think drafting a tackle with Humphries out for what will probably be all of next season and then coming back in 2025 with rust and a year older, the idea of grabbing a top tackle seems like a good idea. Humphries isn't exactly an iron man either having missed 7 or more games in 3 different seasons, two of which were for knee injuries and one for his back. Humphries may be past his peak years.

I favor Fashanu over Alt because Fashanu is the better pass blocker (zero sacks in 3 seasons) and I think learning how to be a better run blocker is probably easier to learn than becoming a better pass blocker.
I think it's easier to get better as a pass blocker, and Alt isn't exactly a slouch as a pass blocker. Alt gave up ONE sack over his last 25 starts and is a much better run blocker.

Alt is also a much more experienced player and comes from elite NFL bloodlines. He's bigger, stronger, and comes from a college system (Notre Dame) that routinely produces NFL offensive lineman.

Edit: Joe Alt is also YOUNGER than Fashanu at 20 years old.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Different players. Randy Moss was next level.

Check our Fitz’s Pittsburgh highlights and compare to MHJ.
I will agree he looks very Fitz like to me.

But there are always 5 guys that good in the NFL, and 15 guys nearly that good.

The way people are talking about MHJ is almost like he will be a top 5 receiver of all time, and I don't see that because he appears to slow to be that kind of weapon.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The way people are talking about MHJ is almost like he will be a top 5 receiver of all time, and I don't see that because he appears to slow to be that kind of weapon.

I don't hear that kind of discourse, so maybe I'm missing it.

I think the thing with MHJ is he's such a clean prospect. Broke out early, continued being productive, great pedigree, good football character, played at the highest level, excelled against a lot of top competition.

You don't often get a prospect that is of his quality with almost zero question marks. Most NFL personnel people are afraid of striking out, not hitting home runs. It's hard to imagine that Marvin Harrison Jr is less than a double and could work out to be a grand slam.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't hear that kind of discourse, so maybe I'm missing it.

I think the thing with MHJ is he's such a clean prospect. Broke out early, continued being productive, great pedigree, good football character, played at the highest level, excelled against a lot of top competition.

You don't often get a prospect that is of his quality with almost zero question marks. Most NFL personnel people are afraid of striking out, not hitting home runs. It's hard to imagine that Marvin Harrison Jr is less than a double and could work out to be a grand slam.
Sometimes, you don't have to overthink it!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching the Detroit/LA game last night I am pretty convinced that building the Oline takes priority over one WR. I think the same applies to the Dline too.

Oline
Decker R1 P16
Ragnow R1 P20
Jackson R3 P75
Glasgow R3 p95
Sewell R1 P7

WR
Brown R4 P112
Reynolds R4 P117
Laporta R2 P34
Williams R1 P12

Put a good Oline in front of a QB and he will pick apart the defense. Goff is a good QB but nothing exceptional.

Call me old fashion however I think drafting a tackle with Humphries out for what will probably be all of next season and then coming back in 2025 with rust and a year older, the idea of grabbing a top tackle seems like a good idea. Humphries isn't exactly an iron man either having missed 7 or more games in 3 different seasons, two of which were for knee injuries and one for his back. Humphries may be past his peak years.

I favor Fashanu over Alt because Fashanu is the better pass blocker (zero sacks in 3 seasons) and I think learning how to be a better run blocker is probably easier to learn than becoming a better pass blocker.
I'll I know is that I was wrong about Sewell. He's the baby daddy to a good friend's daughter who was a cheerleader at Oregon. My friend owns a gym and I got to train with Sewell twice and he came across as lazy and aloof. He is an absolute stud on the field though! Wow!

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll I know is that I was wrong about Sewell. He's the baby daddy to a good friend's daughter who was a cheerleader at Oregon. My friend owns a gym and I got to train with Sewell twice and I came across as lazy and aloof. He is an absolute stud on the field though! Wow!
You come across as lazy and aloof!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I know there's "40-yard-dash" speed and then "game" speed Proximo, but MJH is expected to run somewhere between 4.37 and 4.4 for either the combine or his pro day.

He's fast.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I will be angry if we trade back with MHJ on the board. Otherwise a trade back makes a lot of sense depending on what is offered.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kyler is not Goff. He needs a more dynamic WR to be able to help him out at this point in time.
Don't forget, Goff was coming off 2 years of throwing a decent amount of INTs and was less than a 2/1 TD to INT passer....and then had the huge contract (not unlike Kyler), to boot. The Detroit staff had to work very hard to rebuild his game and confidence....and they've don't a great job. Also, regarding dynamic receivers...when in his career has Goff not had any dynamic receivers...he had them in LA and he's got St Brown (whom I'd take over anyone in the Cards without thinking twice) and now LaPorta...among others....and a fantastic backfield to hand the ball off.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I’ve read Naber offers a little bit more of an open field threat than MHJ. Does MHJ remind anybody of Hopkins?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Julio was a physical/athletic specimen. I would be super shocked if he runs faster than Julio.
The line is 4.42 since that is what Julio ran. I think MHJ beats that either the combine or pro day.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Players looking to maximizing their salaries, its a legend their priority Is playing for the Championship giving up some money
Look at Deandre Hopkins
Cardinals can sign whatever free agents they want with the best offer
We had to trade for Hopkins.

We can't/wont offer substantially more than another team will. Sure...maybe a SB contended would offer a little less, and that would be enticing to some players...its not like a good team is going to offer 20 million a year and we are going to offer 40 million. That would be insane and a horrible use of cap space. Yes...we can, and will probably have to offer an extra year, or a slight increase in guaranteed money...but if anyone thinks Chris Jones or Tee Higgins is coming here, I think you will be disappointed. They will have 10+ teams after them, and we will be at the bottom of that list.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Without comparing MHJ to anyone it seems that he'll be a VG NFL player. The real question, for me, which position, with our first pick, do we need more, WR or OT? Or DT for that matter.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading out from drafting Will Anderson looks like a huge mistake, I hope we don't double down on the philosophy behind it.

If you have a chance to draft obvious blue chip talent... you take it. Don't get cute.

One star is exponentially more valuable than a couple decent starters.