How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Cardsfaninlouky, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I just read his post combine analysis & mock draft. He basically said "now that the draft is over, my thoughts on what I think & what I'm hearing". He said "I haven't talked to one coach, agent, Scout or general manager that doesn't believe the cardinals will draft anyone other than kyler Murray with the #1 pick". Either the cardinals are putting up a damn good smokescreen or everyone already knows? Other links I'm reading say they're shopping rosen to other teams. I realize there's been a gazillion threads about this already but we have the #1 pick & it needs to be talked about. I just don't want them to screw this pick up on the wrong player. Many on this board want Rosen gone while others want them to keep Rosen. Personally I think rosen needs more time, but what if they don't draft Murray & he becomes an all world QB for another team? Then all the talking heads will say the cardinals screwed the #1 pick up. Then again, if they trade Rosen, he becomes a damn good QB & murray ends up being a bust, we all know how that will be talked about, it could set us back another 5-10 yrs. Lots of unknowns right now, I'll get on board with whatever decision they make because I'm a lifelong cardinals fan but I want them to get it right. The safest bet would be to take bosa & keep Rosen, build around him & see what happens. Or trade down, pick up Williams or allen, keep Rosen & build with the extra picks & free agency. Time will tell but all the talk isn't going away until the draft gets closer.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

There's plenty to be said here, but I think the clear fact is this:

If Rosen doesn't pan out, we'll have another stab at the top next year, and certainty that he's not the guy. If Murray doesn't pan out... well, we're gonna be in real bad shape for the wrong side of a decade (We're already 3 years into the wrong side).

I'd rather be a 9-10 win team with a chance than a 0 or 15 win team.

Ohcrap75, Southpaw, DRM08 and 2 others like this.
  3. juza76

juza76 Registered

Sometimes u have to make some risky move especially coming from a very bad season where everything went wrong
    However i trust the management pursuing their plan, in a league where the pass rushers are faster then ever u need two types of qbs, one with great anticipation and able to read faster the upcoming plays or a very mobile qb able to play in the pocket , making accurate throws while running and gaining yards when its matter with his own feet

Osbern61 and Cardsfaninlouky like this.
  4. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

If they keep Rosen & he doesn't pan out, maybe tua from Alabama after next season or Trevor Lawrence from Clemson the season after? Man..........thats 2 yrs of being horrible I just can't take. We can all wish, I wish for last to first next season. Hell, 8-8 would be nice after last season.

5. UK Cardinal

UK Cardinal Free Agent

A lot of people seem to think we need a running QB like Murray to be successful and a prototypical pocket passer (Rosen) wont work but if you could have Trevor Lawrence or Kyler Murray in this draft who would you take?

Kyler may look great but that's compared to the weak qb class this year, you have to put everything in perspective.

Rosen is not the issue, there are bigger needs here.

6. Finito

Finito Registered

Smh

I’d be pissed

Southpaw likes this.
  7. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa

I have seen a lot of big games won with a pass rush, and good defense.

And that is NOT "old-school" thinking.

That is the way I would go.

If they trade down, then I would be surprised, because I am not sure you are getting a defensive player worth trading down for (see the Terrell Suggs debacle).

It is not the value of Bosa versus every draft ever done, it is this year, and this class. He is the best player, with Quenin Williams a close 2nd.

The Cardinals can go with Murray, I would understand the thinking yet would not agree with it.

The Cardinals spent last year destroying the offensive side of the roster, they now have the potential to destroy the defensive side of the roster.

Leaving them with nothing. One injury to Chandler Jones, and they have ZERO pass rush.

But, if they want to take that risk, it is Keim's job, and Bidwill's legacy at stake, not mine. I can just turn the TV off, and go do something productive on a Sunday afternoon. Hockey starts in October anyway, LOL.

Cardsfaninlouky, BW52 and b8rtm8nn like this.
  8. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

"I haven't talked to one coach, agent, Scout or general manager that doesn't believe the cardinals will draft anyone other than kyler Murray with the #1 pick".

That is a poorly constructed sentence by someone who makes their living writing. :computer:

No no no on Murray. Trade rights to #1 for a bundle if he is that damn good.

Billy Bob, nashman, daves and 3 others like this.
  9. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Here's what I don't understand. Keim has said Rosen had a higher draft grade that Murray. Why would you take the guy with a lower grade to replace the guy with a higher grade?

10. UK Cardinal

UK Cardinal Free Agent

I wouldn't mind trading down but only as low as #4, I think we could still get Allen there or maybe even Williams if the jets mess it up.

Then we would also get get a second first round pick to get a great offensive lineman or even a TE if one if them slides a bit.

We would also probably get a 3rd or a 2nd next year, great pick for a starting WR or LB

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  11. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

If you go do a simulation with drafting Kyler and not drafting Kyler, we are able to draft a stronger all around squad if we opt to NOT draft Kyler with our 1st. It looks even better if we trade down a couple of spots.

I'm not 100% sold on Rosen but we need to give him a chance with a solid coaching staff instead of last year. Everyone's numbers tanked on offense with Wilk's as head coach.

12. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

besides having a bundle of questions about Murray's physical spec's, now Charlie Casserly is reporting Murray sucked in the interview process.

More crap on the pile.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...eedback-on-kyler-murray-worst-hes-ever-gotten

13. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

what if other NFL people are reduced to speculating wildly just like us?

i find is really hard to believe that the guys who really know what they are going to do: Mike B, Keim, KK to a degree -- are telling their peers on other teams

14. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

15. Minski

Minski Registered

legend and Southpaw like this.