How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dude the man love for untested unproven 5’10” rookie is a little over the top don’t ya think???

“Whoever takes Murray will be in the playoffs and probably deep into the playoffs”

Wow dude.... stop already just stop... lol

His opinion is no different from all the others who says Rosen sucks, or Murray is too short and will bust. They're all opinions.

None of us know poo, and if we did we wouldn't be posting our opinions on a message board for free.

Personally I like Rosen and think he'll be a solid QB. I also think the NFL is made for QB's at this point, they're pretty much off limits and don't take nearly the amount of hits or magnitude of hits they did in the past. As far as Murray goes he'll probably run a sub 4.4 at his pro day and his arm talent is obvious. As a life long Cards fan I would be lying if I didn't say I'm intrigued by the idea of having a QB with mobility. If the value for Rosen is there (1st round pick) I'm hard pressed to not swing for the fences just like the decision on our new HC... I'm confident our defense will see significant improvement this year add some octane to the offensive side might not be a bad season. I chalk most of our failures last year to garbage coaching and so judgements on most of our players, primarily Rosen are premature. Even David Johnson looked average at best and that in itself should speak volumes.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude the man love for untested unproven 5’10” rookie is a little over the top don’t ya think???

“Whoever takes Murray will be in the playoffs and probably deep into the playoffs”

Wow dude.... stop already just stop... lol
Maybe 5" 10". Some of the pundits are waiting to see if he remeasures at his "pro day" as the probers are questioning his combine measurement. If he does not remeasure..... :devil:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen= mutual fund. Murray = a hot rumoured stock. I’m very intrigued by Murray but I’m going to go back in time when things were much more sane. Let’s go way back to January! Kliff Kingsbury is hired and advertised as an offensive genius with a knack of adjusting to different styles of qbs. He’s stated he sees our qb as a guy with talent, intelligence and toughness which gives him a lot to work with. He hires Tom clement who worked with Rodgers who worked with Rosen. He hired Vance Joseph as the DC who gushes over the fact that we just acquired Robert Alford and the value of having two press corners. Went on to say you need two pressure outside guys in his 3-4 and with that can create havoc on opposing defenses and with having that allows him to scheme around other deficiencies. That is within our reach with Nick Bosa. Let’s move forward to March 1st. Kyler Murray measures out at 5’10 and all hell breaks loose. All our plans now are rumoured to be totally upside down. From this point forward I’m going to try and stay sane and see the true writing on the wall. I do not believe we are drafting Kyler Murray until there is some official announcement by Kiem or the cards 1st pick is announced.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's plenty to be said here, but I think the clear fact is this:

If Rosen doesn't pan out, we'll have another stab at the top next year, and certainty that he's not the guy. If Murray doesn't pan out... well, we're gonna be in real bad shape for the wrong side of a decade (We're already 3 years into the wrong side).

I'd rather be a 9-10 win team with a chance than a 0 or 15 win team.
Why does one qb failing have a larger impact on our organization than another?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s really easy because if Murray doesn’t pan out you are drafting a QB for the THIRD time in the first round in just a few years. That would be a setback for sure...if we draft Murray and he doesn’t pan out we have nothing from this years or last years first round to show for it, if we stay with Rosen and he doesn’t pan out we at least would have Bosa/Williams on the team.
So in your world we are just cutting Rosen?

No. We would trade him. We wouldn’t have nothing to show from last year’s first round. That’s a silly comment.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So in your world we are just cutting Rosen?

No. We would trade him. We wouldn’t have nothing to show from last year’s first round. That’s a silly comment.

So based on what we are hearing on his value we get a third round pick for Rosen, a third and a fifth (what it cost to trade up for him). That’s not value, me thinks your comment is silly. Trade the cow for magic beans.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keeping Rosen and drafting a non-QB seems more logical.

But I can't believe Casserly would stake his career on bogus info.

Best way to keep things sane is to compare Rosen to Murray head to head, and then make the move that helps the team most.

If the Murray rumors about classroom and maturity issues are true, the Cardinals will find out soon enough (Note - I still can't believe that if he was that bad, how did Murray play that well).

Can we win more games with an athletic midget with a poor work ethic and classroom issues? Or can we win more with a pocket passer with deadly accuracy and a quick release but may lack the "it" factor and can be inconsistant and shaky under pressure. Keep it simple. Ignore the rumors. Compare them head to head.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if Rosen is borderline average, we will not be anywhere near the top of the draft list next year. Just a change at HC adds 3-4 more wins AT LEAST. If we don’t draft Murray, whoever does, will be in the playoffs next year. And probably deep into the playoffs at that.
You feel that strongly about drafting Murray? I can see both sides of the argument, both potential & total bust. I'm just sick of watching other teams win on Sundays while the cardinals leave me no hope. I want that feeling back from 2015. I hope keim knows what the hell he's doing?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's plenty to be said here, but I think the clear fact is this:

If Rosen doesn't pan out, we'll have another stab at the top next year, and certainty that he's not the guy. If Murray doesn't pan out... well, we're gonna be in real bad shape for the wrong side of a decade (We're already 3 years into the wrong side).

I'd rather be a 9-10 win team with a chance than a 0 or 15 win team.

Totally agree

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping Rosen and drafting a non-QB seems more logical.

But I can't believe Casserly would stake his career on bogus info.

Best way to keep things sane is to compare Rosen to Murray head to head, and then make the move that helps the team most.

If the Murray rumors about classroom and maturity issues are true, the Cardinals will find out soon enough (Note - I still can't believe that if he was that bad, how did Murray play that well).

Can we win more games with an athletic midget with a poor work ethic and classroom issues? Or can we win more with a pocket passer with deadly accuracy and a quick release but may lack the "it" factor and can be inconsistant and shaky under pressure. Keep it simple. Ignore the rumors. Compare them head to head.

Stake his career?? Bozo talking heads on NFL network and ESPN filter out and funnel blatantly false information all the time… And represented as some hot take in fact… That isn’t going to mess with his career one bit no matter how it turns out.

Lockjaw

Reaction score
So based on what we are hearing on his value we get a third round pick for Rosen, a third and a fifth (what it cost to trade up for him). That’s not value, me thinks your comment is silly. Trade the cow for magic beans.

I think we should be able to get a 1st rounder for Rosen. We've already absorbed much of the cap hit for Rosen, and Rosen's future years would be at an incredibly cap friendly rate for a new team. If GMs would rather take any QB this draft outside of Murray or Haskin (instead of Rosen on a cap friendly deal), or would only be willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Rosen, doesn't that tell us everything? If that's the case, then no other GM really believes Rosen can be a franchise quarterback, and we need to move on. I would be more concerned with drafting Murray and letting Rosen go if other GMs were actually willing to give up a top 10 or top 15 pick for Rosen.

Last edited:

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Stake his career?? Bozo talking heads on NFL network and ESPN filter out and funnel blatantly false information all the time… And represented as some hot take in fact… That isn’t going to mess with his career one bit no matter how it turns out.

Yeah, nobody ever gets fired for being wrong on this kind of stuff. Just read that Belichick quote about Casserly and you will realize how safe he is in his job, lol

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like many have unreal expectations of Kyler Murray. Like he is our lottery ticket. We hit on him and everything is set. Aaron Rodgers has won one Super Bowl. We still need to field a deep talented team around whoever the QB is. Look at all the talent around Mahomes. We are so far behind them and the odds of Murray reaching Mahomes level is truly like winning the powerball.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel like many have unreal expectations of Kyler Murray. Like he is our lottery ticket. We hit on him and everything is set. Aaron Rodgers has won one Super Bowl. We still need to field a deep talented team around whoever the QB is. Look at all the talent around Mahomes. We are so far behind them and the odds of Murray reaching Mahomes level is truly like winning the powerball.

You aren't that far behind. KC's defense is a dumpster fire and they are apparently getting rid of all the actual good players on that side of the ball. Can't blame them for that considering the salaries involved, but still it's likely going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

The Chiefs have 4 really strong skill players on offense. One of them will be leaving pretty soon because he's overpaid (Watkins). Their OL isn't that good. I don't think it would take much for Arizona to put together a similar roster.

I agree with you that Murray (or any other QB in this class) isn't going to fix the team overnight. I tend to think you build other areas of the team such as OL and DL. Then if you still suck with Rosen over the next two seasons, draft Trevor Lawrence.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You aren't that far behind. KC's defense is a dumpster fire and they are apparently getting rid of all the actual good players on that side of the ball. Can't blame them for that considering the salaries involved, but still it's likely going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

The Chiefs have 4 really strong skill players on offense. One of them will be leaving pretty soon because he's overpaid (Watkins). Their OL isn't that good. I don't think it would take much for Arizona to put together a similar roster.

I agree with you that Murray (or any other QB in this class) isn't going to fix the team overnight. I tend to think you build other areas of the team such as OL and DL. Then if you still suck with Rosen over the next two seasons, draft Trevor Lawrence.

Focus this offseason in FA and the draft by building the roster. Reassess the QB position next year and whatever direction we go at QB, the supporting cast will be in better shape.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This makes no sense at all.

If Murray sucks, we will have a high draft pick again, and nothing is stopping us from drafting another qb. Murray will in no way shape or form guarantee us sucking for a decade anymore than Rosen not panning out will.

Why do you think an irrational argument helps convince anyone - we get it you don't want the Cardinals to draft Murray really badly.

SO you get rid of Rosen and there is almost no chance you are getting even a second round pick for him and you have already lost draft choices by trading up to get him. You take a hit on the cap and then Murray ends up a colossal failure and you have nothing to show for your last two first round choices and now because of a better defense and better offensive creativity you have to trade up again to get another QB in the draft and you are again losing draft choices in the trade and you are taking another hit on the cap by dropping Murray. So now you have drafted 3 QBs in three years and you still don't have any security at the QB position as you are going into another season with a rookie QB. Yeah this makes a lot of sense to me because your team has now become the new Cleveland Browns and the joke of the NFL.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the trade Rosen thing is reminding me of the Sixers' process. Sure it's finally panning out but for a while they would draft a lottery pick then trade them away.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
Why does one qb failing have a larger impact on our organization than another?

If you draft Murray, you're also passing up on the chance to draft Bosa. It's not just Rosen vs Murray, it's Rosen+Bosa vs Murray. Trading Rosen will probably not net us anywhere close to the level of player that we could simply draft at #1 AND it will cost us the ability to sign another player or 2 in free agency due to the dead cap space. Drafting Murray and failing is absolutely a bigger set back than staying with Rosen and having him fail.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The last time that Kingsbury was on the local radio, he said that his take away from watching the entire 2018 season was that the Cardinals aren't that far off from being competitive.

At most of the really important positions that Cardinals actually have pretty good talent. CB, Edge, QB, LT(?)....the team is pretty good at these positions.

What would I do if I were Keim? Sell the crap out of the idea that we LOOOOOVE Kyler Murray. Trick the Raiders into trading two 1sts and a 2nd to move up. Draft the best edge rusher at the position OR trade down again.

Sign Trent Brown and Preston Brown as your top two signings. Draft edge rusher, wide receivers, and a few lineman (guard...Chris Lindstrom). Let Kingsbury do his magic with QB...and the Cardinals are in position to at least be competitive THIS season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s really easy because if Murray doesn’t pan out you are drafting a QB for the THIRD time in the first round in just a few years. That would be a setback for sure...if we draft Murray and he doesn’t pan out we have nothing from this years or last years first round to show for it, if we stay with Rosen and he doesn’t pan out we at least would have Bosa/Williams on the team.

No, we are going to trade Rosen for something. So your statement is false - we will have something to show for him.

Second why in the hell are you so convinced Rosen will not need to be replaced - there is nothing in his performance last season that should make you feel confident he is the long term answer. If he had performed well nobody would even be entertaining the idea of picking Murray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson