How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It'll be Josh Allen - he's the perfect 3-4 fit DE. The KM talk is just hype to see if they can get someone to move up for him.
Allen ranks higher the Clowney did coming out....he's is 100% the pick

Bet the house it's not Bosa - there is no way they're running a 3-4 with Vance Joesph as D Coordinator and trying to put Bosa who'd be a square peg in a round hole....NO WAY...if they do the Cardinals are beyond dumb...as Bosa is 100% a 4-3 DE...then again this is the team that drafted Leonard Davis who was always a guard and moved him to Tackle...and he failed...went to Dallas and they made him a guard and he was all pro every season with them....and the same team who drafted a WR and tried to move him to CB (failed)....and again a team who drafted a CB who'd only played one season of football at CB...and failed. You'd think they'd learn by now to draft guys at a position and leave them there...but it's AZ so what makes sense isn't what they always do.

I'd put the odds the #1 on the Cardinals draft HQ at:
Allen 95%
KM 5%
Boss 0%

take all the - talk on all these guys with some sugar...remember last year
Lamar Jackson won't be a QB - can't read a defense - will have to play WR, yea how'd that work out
Josh Rosen - too weak, will crumble when hit in the NFL - injury concern injury concern - they wouldn't shut up about it.- yea dude was hit 200+ times and got up every time.

All the talking heads do now is make stuff up to get click bait....and Charley C ...made his quota for the month...the same as the fool who posed KK was running around the combine guaranteeing the cards were drafting KM.....yea right.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah just said there is no way in heck the Cardinals shouldn’t get a #1 for Rosen and if he was the Redskins GM he would have already offered #15 for him. He said he still would rank Rosen ahead of both Haskins and Murray. Stated there is no way the skins would find someone with as much upside for so cheap.

I wouldn’t like it but I could live with it if that occurred.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Daniel Jeremiah just said there is no way in heck the Cardinals shouldn’t get a #1 for Rosen and if he was the Redskins GM he would have already offered #15 for him. He said he still would rank Rosen ahead of both Haskins and Murray. Stated there is no way the skins would find someone with as much upside for so cheap.

It's still a crappy deal. Spent 3 draft picks and $10+ million on Rosen so far. Getting the #15 pick in return isn't good. It's very possible all this speculation goes down the tubes if the other teams put Rosen's value at 2nd round or later. Then it's a very easy decision for Cards front office. Keep Rosen and build the rest of the team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SO you get rid of Rosen and there is almost no chance you are getting even a second round pick for him and you have already lost draft choices by trading up to get him. You take a hit on the cap and then Murray ends up a colossal failure and you have nothing to show for your last two first round choices and now because of a better defense and better offensive creativity you have to trade up again to get another QB in the draft and you are again losing draft choices in the trade and you are taking another hit on the cap by dropping Murray. So now you have drafted 3 QBs in three years and you still don't have any security at the QB position as you are going into another season with a rookie QB. Yeah this makes a lot of sense to me because your team has now become the new Cleveland Browns and the joke of the NFL.

A 3rd and a 5th were used to trade up for him - just look at the cards draft history - that equates to very little value. 5th's almost never contribute, and 3rd's only about 50% of the time.

I think we will get a first rounder for Josh, there is just too much demand for qb's to expect anything less.

If Murray is such a colossal failure as you seem to be so convinced we will very likely still be at the bottom of the NFL next year and have a great shot at getting the #1 pick again, and supposedly next year is a strong qb draft. Keim will be fired and the embarrassment will be gone because the new regime can put all the blame on him.

The cardinals are still a talent poor team. If the offense does not get good qb play they will still be a bottom tier team. If you really believe Bosa will even equal 1 more win you simply don't understand the amount of effect a dl can have. QB play is 10 times more impactful if not more.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be Josh Allen - he's the perfect 3-4 fit DE. The KM talk is just hype to see if they can get someone to move up for him.
Allen ranks higher the Clowney did coming out....he's is 100% the pick

Bet the house it's not Bosa - there is no way they're running a 3-4 with Vance Joesph as D Coordinator and trying to put Bosa who'd be a square peg in a round hole....NO WAY...if they do the Cardinals are beyond dumb...as Bosa is 100% a 4-3 DE.

I'd put the odds the #1 on the Cardinals draft HQ at:
Allen 95%
KM 5%
Boss 0%
I know it’s been done but I lean toward a player that plays the position you are looking for. Pick your poison. Allen= great pass rush , coverage skills but can get pushed around. Bosa=great pass rush , coverage skills ???, stout against the run, coming into a 3-4.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A 3rd and a 5th were used to trade up for him - just look at the cards draft history - that equates to very little value. 5th's almost never contribute, and 3rd's only about 50% of the time.
Didn't we also trade back once to recover some of those lost assets? That argument seems skewed IMO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No, we are going to trade Rosen for something. So your statement is false - we will have something to show for him.

Second why in the hell are you so convinced Rosen will not need to be replaced - there is nothing in his performance last season that should make you feel confident he is the long term answer. If he had performed well nobody would even be entertaining the idea of picking Murray.

The whole premise of your argument is that the team is no worse if Murray fails than if Rosen fails which is absolutely false. Do you really think the team minus either of those players is better with or without Bosa/Williams? The chances of the player we draft with the Rosen return on a trade is minuscule because what the going to be a great deal as people know the Cards have to rid themselves of him.

This is all completely ignoring the fact that the $8million in dead cap space is at least 1 starter we could sign this offseason.

So if Murray fails, no Bosa or Williams, no potential starter in free agency.

If Rosen fails, we’d still have Bosa or Williams and a potential starter signed in free agency.

In which scenario would the team be better off?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is why I despise the national sports media. We should trade Rosen to a legacy franchise because reasons despite the fact that he grades out above Murray. We are literally getting poo on by the media as if we don't deserve to keep Rosen and have him be successful.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'd honestly ask for more than just the #15. I'd ask for a third as well since the team spent a 1, 3, and 5 to get him.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd honestly ask for more than just the #15. I'd ask for a third as well since the team spent a 1, 3, and 5 to get him.

And paid him a $10m+ signing bonus, which makes him a very cheap QB for someone else over the next 3 years ($2m per year). At the end of the day it makes sense to stick with him and build the rest of the team. Then see how it goes from there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why does one qb failing have a larger impact on our organization than another?

As has been said, there's the complete loss of a different player, the loss of previous draft picks on a team in need of young talent, and finally, the Cardinals can't take QBs in three years consecutively. Draft Murray, and he fails? We're not getting Tua or Lawrence.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As has been said, there's the complete loss of a different player, the loss of previous draft picks on a team in need of young talent, and finally, the Cardinals can't take QBs in three years consecutively. Draft Murray, and he fails? We're not getting Tua or Lawrence.

What is wrong with this approach? Cardinals take a QB every year until they find their franchise QB. What can be negative consequence of this fool proof approach. I don't get it. you guys are over thinking this.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What is wrong with this approach? Cardinals take a QB every year until they find their franchise QB. What can be negative consequence of this fool proof approach. I don't get it. you guys are over thinking this.
Because you're expecting one to set the world on fire in year one? Without adding talent around the player, because you're wasting first round, top ten picks on failed QBs?

The team needs to give a guy a chance to develop. It's not going to be rainbows and butterflies immediately.

Edit: And that's not even counting the cap ramifications of such a move. Wasting cap space year over year on guys that aren't going to see the field at all is such a bad idea...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because you're expecting one to set the world on fire in year one? Without adding talent around the player, because you're wasting first round, top ten picks on failed QBs?

The team needs to give a guy a chance to develop. It's not going to be rainbows and butterflies immediately.

Looks like my Sarcasm in the post didn't come through.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

I think he was being sarcastic

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

Lawrence won't be in the 2020 draft. Too young, has to wait until 2021. I don't think they will take Murray this year. So then we will see how it goes with Rosen. If he struggles a bunch in 2019 & 2020 seasons, then hello Lawrence in 2021 draft. Lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Wasting draft capital.

Getting a shot at a cornerstone defensive player only happens like once a decade. Cardinals got lucky with Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson