Did You Hear What Paul Calvisi Said On Sports Tonight on Channel 12 about the Cardinals and Marvin Harrison Jr.?

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you’re not on the Cardinals personal staff you won’t know anything about what MO is going to do. Zero!

SK would sit drunk at the bar and tell anyone within earshot all of the Cards business.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Protection schemes. You said Cam Thomas is a better player based off of….last season I’m assuming? Now, he was a healthy scratch towards the end of the season while basically doing for a majority of the season. What player was on the team last season that wasn’t on the team this season that made Cam’s life much easier?

I think you clearly know more, but you’re just bored right now.
I agree it’s not fair to judge him on productivity. It would’ve been great if he’d gotten six sacks. But when it was clear there wasn’t much help I just started keying in on Ojulari to watch his technique and what he does on every snap.

Sanders and Thomas showed more ability to disrupt and win 1:1s their rookie seasons. I don’t know how anyone who watches the games can dispute this.

The fact that no one can make a positive case for Ojulari and just serves up hope (Ojulari is all of five months younger than Will Anderson) should speak volumes to neutrals.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That wasn't me. I said multiple times that we shouldn't evaluate McBride early because TEs historically develop at the slowest pace of anyone in the NFL. I was really excited to see more of him in the second half of his rookie year and, like many, frustrated that he was stuck behind an obviously washed Zach Ertz to start the season.

Wasn't directed at you.

Just saying its a bit early to make a final judgement on Ojulari.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sanders and Thomas showed more ability to disrupt and win 1:1s their rookie seasons. I don’t know how anyone who watches the games can dispute this.
……but what happened this season? The “What have you done for me lately” season? Y’know, when BJ outplayed Cam? Are you able to dispute that?
The fact that no one can make a positive case for Ojulari and just serves up hope (Ojulari is all of five months younger than Will Anderson) should speak volumes to neutrals.
Think it’s more so being realistic than positive or negative. If BJ stays stagnant with a better supporting cast around him next season then I’ll hop on the same train with you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes. If BJ Ojulari turns into a Hall of Famer I’ll certainly have egg on my face.
You'll have egg on your face if he produces 8 sacks per year from now on out. The pinnacle of stupidity on ASFN is criticizing rookies. We've seen examples of this exercise looking quite dumb a number of times.
BJ’s rookie season is very much like Fitz’s 800 yard, 8 TD rookie year. Good point.
He was definitely criticized though. People expected more from the third overall pick. I think we can exercise more patience with the 41st overall pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wasn't directed at you.

Just saying its a bit early to make a final judgement on Ojulari.

Who is making a final judgement on Ojulari?

……but what happened this season? The “What have you done for me lately” season? Y’know, when BJ outplayed Cam? Are you able to dispute that?

Think it’s more so being realistic than positive or negative. If BJ stays stagnant with a better supporting cast around him next season then I’ll hop on the same train with you.

I don’t think BJ outplayed Cam. I think Cam was blocked by Ojulari and Collins but probably got outplayed by Dimukeje.

In a lost season, a lot of guys were getting additional reps who didn’t “earn” them in any sense attributable to their performance during games. Starling Thomas and Chachare are excellent examples of this.

Awaiting the positive case for Ojulari based on his rookie season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what I will say to this. To be honest I have not watched a minute of MHJ play in college but have watched several of his highlight videos - and they didn't impress me nearly as much as I was expecting based on the hype on this board.

I certainly did not see a guy that looks better than Randy Moss.

If Ossenfort thinks there is more value trading down I trust his judgement over mine.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what I will say to this. To be honest I have not watched a minute of MHJ play in college but have watched several of his highlight videos - and they didn't impress me nearly as much as I was expecting based on the hype on this board.

I certainly did not see a guy that looks better than Randy Moss.
What a fascinating post this is.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
After watching the Detroit/LA game last night I am pretty convinced that building the Oline takes priority over one WR. I think the same applies to the Dline too.

Oline
Decker R1 P16
Ragnow R1 P20
Jackson R3 P75
Glasgow R3 p95
Sewell R1 P7

WR
Brown R4 P112
Reynolds R4 P117
Laporta R2 P34
Williams R1 P12

Put a good Oline in front of a QB and he will pick apart the defense. Goff is a good QB but nothing exceptional.

Call me old fashion however I think drafting a tackle with Humphries out for what will probably be all of next season and then coming back in 2025 with rust and a year older, the idea of grabbing a top tackle seems like a good idea. Humphries isn't exactly an iron man either having missed 7 or more games in 3 different seasons, two of which were for knee injuries and one for his back. Humphries may be past his peak years.

I favor Fashanu over Alt because Fashanu is the better pass blocker (zero sacks in 3 seasons) and I think learning how to be a better run blocker is probably easier to learn than becoming a better pass blocker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t know what the players across from him have to do with his inability to win 1:1s. But what do I know?
That was my thought. If they were doubling BJ because the rest of the line was woeful that’s one thing. But that’s not THIS thing. BJ was pretty routinely handled by a single player. That’s bad.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
That was my thought. If they were doubling BJ because the rest of the line was woeful that’s one thing. But that’s not THIS thing. BJ was pretty routinely handled by a single player. That’s bad.
For a somewhat raw player like ojulari training camp and offseason workouts are very important. Due to his injury, he fell way behind and honestly never recovered.

He did have flashes but needs to be way more consistent

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
After watching the Detroit/LA game last night I am pretty convinced that building the Oline takes priority over one WR. I think the same applies to the Dline too.

Oline
Decker R1 P16
Ragnow R1 P20
Jackson R3 P75
Glasgow R3 p95
Sewell R1 P7

WR
Brown R4 P112
Reynolds R4 P117
Laporta R2 P34
Williams R1 P12

Put a good Oline in front of a QB and he will pick apart the defense. Goff is a good QB but nothing exceptional.

Call me old fashion however I think drafting a tackle with Humphries out for what will probably be all of next season and then coming back in 2025 with rust and a year older, the idea of grabbing a top tackle seems like a good idea. Humphries isn't exactly an iron man either having missed 7 or more games in 3 different seasons, two of which were for knee injuries and one for his back. Humphries may be past his peak years.

I favor Fashanu over Alt because Fashanu is the better pass blocker (zero sacks in 3 seasons) and I think learning how to be a better run blocker is probably easier to learn than becoming a better pass blocker.
Kyler is not Goff. He needs a more dynamic WR to be able to help him out at this point in time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler is not Goff. He needs a more dynamic WR to be able to help him out at this point in time.
Yes & no.

He's not as rhythmic and not going to run the operation as smooth.

However, if he's got a beast Oline that keeps him away from muddy pockets and has other strengths to make up for that.

it was the presence of Hopkins more than the production of Hopkins in 2021.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it’s not fair to judge him on productivity. It would’ve been great if he’d gotten six sacks. But when it was clear there wasn’t much help I just started keying in on Ojulari to watch his technique and what he does on every snap.

Will Anderson 7 sacks. Ojulari had 4. So close, amirite? :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Will Anderson 7 sacks. Ojulari had 4. So close, amirite? :)
:)

I think it will only become more embarrassing to compare Anderson to Ojulari -- it's not fair to BJ to do so.

Really, I just want to see him win some 1:1s, which he didn't do often enough if at all last year.