Did You Hear What Paul Calvisi Said On Sports Tonight on Channel 12 about the Cardinals and Marvin Harrison Jr.?

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Did any of you hear what Paul Calvisi said yesterday on Sports Tonight on Channel twelve? He said that he knows that this is going to disappoint a lot of fans, but the Cardinals are unlikely to pick Marvin Harrison Jr. if he is there at #4 in the upcoming draft.
Instead, they are much more likely to trade down for more draft capital and build the offensive and defensive lines.
I was so depressed after hearing this.
I have been so excited knowing that the
Cardinals might be in position to take a generational talent in MHJ. The next
Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Etc. I wanted so badly to have something to look forward to watching for many years to come. Although, I do agree that the team needs to build strong lines I feel that it can be addressed through this draft and the upcoming free agent period. Dear Cardinals Brass (aka Monti, JG, and Bidwill), please give us something to be excited about for years to come and draft Marvin Harrison Jr. at #4 if you have the opportunity to do so!

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Titans/Patriots mindset on skill players. Unless Monti plans to sign Higgins or whoever hits free agency.

Trading down a couple spots and still getting Olu would likely be "best" in terms of adding a potential elite player and picking up draft capital.

However, boy Monti is going to have nail whatever picks they get.

Likely best to to just take the sure thing.

Last edited:

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it completely depends on the trade that is offered. If QB's go top 3...then the trade most likely isnt going to be a huge haul. If not then getting more midround picks and picks next year could be too enticing.

As much as I love MHJ and want him to be the pick, we do have to remember that this team has a pretty extreme lack of talent compared to most NFL rosters, and at least at this point, we are not going to be able to sign the big name FA...we have the money, they wont want to come here. You have to win consistently for a lot of players to want to sign with you. They are going to get paid anywhere they go.

My only fear is that we trade down too far and miss out on a blue chip player at a position of need.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it completely depends on the trade that is offered. If QB's go top 3...then the trade most likely isnt going to be a huge haul. If not then getting more midround picks and picks next year could be too enticing.

As much as I love MHJ and want him to be the pick, we do have to remember that this team has a pretty extreme lack of talent compared to most NFL rosters, and at least at this point, we are not going to be able to sign the big name FA...we have the money, they wont want to come here. You have to win consistently for a lot of players to want to sign with you. They are going to get paid anywhere they go.

My only fear is that we trade down too far and miss out on a blue chip player at a position of need.
Players looking to maximizing their salaries, its a legend their priority Is playing for the Championship giving up some money
Look at Deandre Hopkins
Cardinals can sign whatever free agents they want with the best offer

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have always agreed with the adage that the team that received the best player in a trade got the best of the trade. Keep the best player and pick MHJ.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would love to have MHJ, but, I do support MO on whatever selection process he chooses. Maybe a touch of blind faith?
Go:newcards::|
Please trust the guy who brought you BJ Ojulari and a 4-13 season.

I’m not to worried about what is said 3 months before the draft. Calvisi was either fed a narrative or flat out told to say it.

I think it’s expectations management after many people were surprised we passed on Anderson. Calvisi doesn’t know anything.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We should kinda know after free agency - if we don't target and land a #1 WR we're probably not trading back in the draft - and then I'll get my hopes up for MHJ but not until then

Monti did pass up on Anderson tho - who imo wasn't just the bpa but also a huge need so idk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Remember when McBride was a bum?

That wasn't me. I said multiple times that we shouldn't evaluate McBride early because TEs historically develop at the slowest pace of anyone in the NFL. I was really excited to see more of him in the second half of his rookie year and, like many, frustrated that he was stuck behind an obviously washed Zach Ertz to start the season.

What’s your real, genuine opinion on Ojulari? No typical K9 bait-ish response, but your honest response?

I think the was wildly overdrafted, especially if the team knew that he wasn't going to be able to participate in OTAs or training camp. If they didn't know he was injured, it's embarrassing.

I think we spent a very high second-round pick on a guy who isn't clearly better than Myjai Sanders or Cam Thomas but bounced one from the roster and pushed the other to the bench.

When I watch Ojulari play, I don't see anything. Most of the time he leans straight-armed against the opposing offensive lineman until the play is past him, after which he chases behind and runs onto the screen around the time the play is complete.

Unless he's been out on the field for like eight plays in a row, then he gets pushed down the field by the opponent because he's tired. Of his four sacks, it sure seemed like three of them came on stunts designed to get him free almost unobstructed. Didn't seem him create a lot of pressure on his own, which is reflected in his pressure stats.

We probably drafted the wrong younger brother. Tuli Tuipulotu was way better and less of a project.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That wasn't me. I said multiple times that we shouldn't evaluate McBride early because TEs historically develop at the slowest pace of anyone in the NFL. I was really excited to see more of him in the second half of his rookie year and, like many, frustrated that he was stuck behind an obviously washed Zach Ertz to start the season.

I think the was wildly overdrafted, especially if the team knew that he wasn't going to be able to participate in OTAs or training camp. If they didn't know he was injured, it's embarrassing.

I think we spent a very high second-round pick on a guy who isn't clearly better than Myjai Sanders or Cam Thomas but bounced one from the roster and pushed the other to the bench.

When I watch Ojulari play, I don't see anything. Most of the time he leans straight-armed against the opposing offensive lineman until the play is past him, after which he chases behind and runs onto the screen around the time the play is complete.

Unless he's been out on the field for like eight plays in a row, then he gets pushed down the field by the opponent because he's tired. Of his four sacks, it sure seemed like three of them came on stunts designed to get him free almost unobstructed. Didn't seem him create a lot of pressure on his own, which is reflected in his pressure stats.

We probably drafted the wrong younger brother. Tuli Tuipulotu was way better and less of a project.
How much is it because he had low level quality players on that front across from him? Do you not think he can improve with a better supporting cast than the awful one we had the entire season? As far as Myjai & especially Cam Thomas, they benefitted off of Watt’s presence. Watt’s not there anymore…….and we seen how they(or in this case, Cam) played. Tuli also had a solid rookie season, but we both know it definitely does help having Mack on the same line as him. Not to mention BJ is one of the youngest players in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Nice summation of the youngest drafted player last year who also led college football in total pressures last year.

I remember the criticism of Larry Fitzgerald too his rookie year.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm sure this won't be the only story we hear before draft day lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How much is it because he had low level quality players on that front across from him? Do you not think he can improve with a better supporting cast than the awful one we had the entire season? As far as Myjai & especially Cam Thomas, they benefitted off of Watt’s presence. Watt’s not there anymore…….and we seen how they(or in this case, Cam) played. Tuli also had a solid rookie season, but we both know it definitely does help having Mack on the same line as him. Not to mention BJ is one of the youngest players in the NFL.
I don’t know what the players across from him have to do with his inability to win 1:1s. But what do I know?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nice summation of the youngest drafted player last year who also led college football in total pressures last year.

I remember the criticism of Larry Fitzgerald too his rookie year.
Yes. If BJ Ojulari turns into a Hall of Famer I’ll certainly have egg on my face.

BJ’s rookie season is very much like Fitz’s 800 yard, 8 TD rookie year. Good point.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know what the players across from him have to do with his inability to win 1:1s
Protection schemes. You said Cam Thomas is a better player based off of….last season I’m assuming? Now, he was a healthy scratch towards the end of the season while basically doing for a majority of the season. What player was on the team last season that wasn’t on the team this season that made Cam’s life much easier?
But what do I know?
I think you clearly know more, but you’re just bored right now.