Gee: Lakers/Suns Throwdown

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, you dropped about 10 spots on my list of coolness. You're now hanging with the likes of Justin Timberlake and Eddie Haskell

Well thats still 40 points higher than I originally that I was at.. woohoo..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough Gee. The bet is off the table.

Good luck to the Suns and here's hopes for a great series. :cheers:

We might be building a rivalry yet.

uh, a rivalry implies that both teams trade wins back and forth - I believe this Suns team pretty much just dominates the Lakers, much like the Lakers dominated the Kings. Win a series and then you can call it a rivalry.

that's like saying the Suns and Spurs have a rivalry - there's no rivalry there - just one team that up till now is better than the other.

The only rivalries in the West right now are Dallas v. Phoenix and Dallas v. San Antonio. Anything else is a joke.

on a side note - I never figured Gee to be such a puss. Especially after contradicting himself with his "I never bet... just ask 100% who I bet with two years ago".

my bet? Suns win the series, my best friend out in LA has to go with me to the first game between the two teams at Staples, wear a Suns jersey and cheer for them with me the entire game. Suns lose: I have to drive both of us out to Phoenix for the first game with the Lakers, wear a Laker jersey and cheer with him for the Lakers and against my boys at US Airways Arena.

I won last year, but there was no "at Staples" or "at US Airways" stipulation - but ultimately the joke was on me because he had WAYYYYYYY too much fun cheering for the Suns as we got our asses kicked on opening night. I learned the valuable lesson that night, that sometimes, when you win, you lose.

can't wait for this series.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on a side note - I never figured Gee to be such a puss. Especially after contradicting himself with his "I never bet... just ask 100% who I bet with two years ago".

I lost ya here..

You call me a puss, yet I actually called for a real throwdown.. I have my jinxes dude.. And one of them is betting on games.. If that makes me a puss, oh well.. You can were a pink jersey with abomb while we do the real throwdown..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lost ya here..

You call me a puss, yet I actually called for a real throwdown.. I have my jinxes dude.. And one of them is betting on games.. If that makes me a puss, oh well.. You can were a pink jersey with abomb while we do the real throwdown..

gee, what does a "real throwdown" have to do with all the sh#t you talk about the Suns? You being able to beat down someone has NOTHING to do with the Suns or Lakers so how the hell is it relevant to any discussion here? You talk smack about our boys beating the Lakers but when someone says put your money where your mouth is, your response is: I can beat you up. That's probably the DUMBEST smack I've ever heard because it literally has NOTHING to do with what you're talking about. What does you beating someone up have to do with Suns-Lakers?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gee, what does a "real throwdown" have to do with all the sh#t you talk about the Suns? You being able to beat down someone has NOTHING to do with the Suns or Lakers so how the hell is it relevant to any discussion here? You talk smack about our boys beating the Lakers but when someone says put your money where your mouth is, your response is: I can beat you up. That's probably the DUMBEST smack I've ever heard because it literally has NOTHING to do with what you're talking about. What does you beating someone up have to do with Suns-Lakers?

You havent been paying attention have you? Im pretty sure everyone, even the laker fans on here will agree, all I talk about is fighting laker fans.. So fighting has everything to do with it, and betting money has nothing to do with it..

Again, are you paying attention?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

My dad can beat up your dad.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I can't even begin to fathom what this means :confused:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2733968

Can't believe you missed out on the funniest NBA story of the year. First Kwame gets accused of sexually assualting a woman, and then he gets accused of assaulting someone with a cake... but hey, at least the assaults seem to be becoming less serious as he goes along. Maybe some day Kwame will actually be able to assault an opposing defense with a basketball.

:thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that wasn't the score then was it?:shrug: I mean if he didn't bet he couldn't "score" could he?

Hence the DNP for Gee, and the one point for abomb for Gee backing away with weak excuses. It's not hard to follow along, here.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoah.....Kwame sexually assaulted a cake?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so HERE'S where the Laker fans have been the past coupla hours...
Not to be seen on the game thread :p

Heck, I just finished the DVR game. I rarely watch a game live.

Good thing, because by now Phil is safe and I can't track him down and murder him on his way out of the arena for playing our only good player with no chance left in a blowout.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Heck, I just finished the DVR game. I rarely watch a game live.

Good thing, because by now Phil is safe and I can't track him down and murder him on his way out of the arena for playing our only good player with no chance left in a blowout.

You really think that was Phil's idea?? Just goes to show you how much influence Kobe possesses over that team...
I have to say though, as much as I despise the guy, I give Kobe alot of credit for wanting to be in the game, and for staying in after he blew out his ankle... That looked NASTY but he toughed it out...

My god the Suns looked great! Or are the Lakers just that bad??? :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really think that was Phil's idea?? Just goes to show you how much influence Kobe possesses over that team...
I have to say though, as much as I despise the guy, I give Kobe alot of credit for wanting to be in the game, and for staying in after he blew out his ankle... That looked NASTY but he toughed it out...

Yeah, that was Phil's idea. Had the stench of Phil all over it. The game was turning into a chuckfest and Phil wanted them to run the offense at the end since he has a really bad habit of throwing out crap lineups in crucial moments, so had Kobe out there to just forcefeed Bynum (you notice, that is all Kobe did when he was in there?) All Phil. Just goes to show how much people put on Kobe when he really, truly, just tries to do what he's asked. He also said as much in his postgame.

My god the Suns looked great! Or are the Lakers just that bad??? :D

A little of both. That was possibly the best I've seen the Suns play, and the Lakers are just in shambles. There is no chemistry whether Kobe passes or shoots, and they don't play defense whatsoever. It's been like that since January. It's probably a good thing, because this way they will shake up the roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard