Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Finals, Game 6 – Lakers At Suns Game Thread

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rebounding is a part of defense, just like position, blocks, and steals. Let's take a player, we'll call him player x. Player x plays relatively bad defense but rebounds the ball. Now, let's say player x stops rebounding. He plays relatively bad defense and he does not rebound the ball. How would you characterize his overall defensive value, did it go up or down? It went down right, because rebounding is a part of defense. A player can still be a good defender but not a great rebounder, because there are other aspects of defense. However, a bad defender who rebounds the ball is better than a bad defender that does not rebound the ball. Why? Because rebounding is a part of defense.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, a bad defender who rebounds the ball is better than a bad defender that does not rebound the ball. Why? Because rebounding is a part of defense.

That's assuming all things are equal. Amare is a better man on man defender the Lee IMO. He has lapses but Lee doesn't play defense period.

IMO swapping Amare for Lee will be trading more rebounding for less man on man defense.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's assuming all things are equal. Amare is a better man on man defender the Lee IMO. He has lapses but Lee doesn't play defense period.

IMO swapping Amare for Lee will be trading more rebounding for less man on man defense.

Who said anything about David Lee and Amare Stoudemire? That subject is done, we have moved on to defense/rebounding and player X. Please stay on topic. :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about David Lee and Amare Stoudemire? That subject is done, we have moved on to defense/rebounding and player X. Please stay on topic. :)

:nospam:

I told you I would mention Lee when I was referring to him. You are catching on.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh, I see.. its only ok for you to bring up past topics in reference to current ones but no one else. gotcha.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see.. its only ok for you to bring up past topics in reference to current ones but no one else. gotcha.

Yeah...sort of like it's ok for you to go off topic from the original discussion but nobody else can. You are getting there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard